[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Raw egg consumption
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: retardedshit.png (610 KB, 855x640) Image search: [Google]
retardedshit.png
610 KB, 855x640
Anyone here consume eggs raw? Is salmonella just a meme? I'm interested in Rocky Balboa mode.
vid related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eUG9epaMWU

On a related note,
I know we all did stupid shit as kids, but I am so glad I grew up in a time when technology wasn't retard-friendly enough for me to broadcast myself.
>>
>>36966253
Don't be a retard and eat them by themselves. Mix them into your shakes.
I've read that the chance of salmonella poisoning is 1 in 30,000 that's a lot of eggs.
>>
>>36966253
>I am so glad I grew up in a time when technology wasn't retard-friendly enough for me to broadcast myself.
Kek true
>>36966270
I thought salmonella was only on the shells?
>>
The bioavailability of the protons isn't great raw.
You get less when you eat them that way, and you risk salmonella poisoning.
>>
Just get eggs that are tested for that sort of thing.
>>
>>36966253
I eat a lot of raw eggs, especially egg whites (from the carton at costco) I have never gotten sick. Aparently salmonella is from the shells which I wash with soap just to make sure.

Can't confirm how much protein isn't absorbed if they're not cooked but I don't want to eat cooked eggs every day so my net protein intake is going to be more with the raw eggs anyway.
>>
>>36966253
I eat raw eggs, it's a good fast meal for fast energy and protein, but I only eat them if they're from a local farm. Salmonella's legit, but most of the time only if it's from some shitty factory farm where the animals wade in their own shit before the eggs are shipped across the country in trucks.
>>
If you want raw eggs get pasteurized eggs
>>
its simply not worth it. when theyre cooked, the protein has more bioavailibility and tastes a million times better.

seriously, one time getting salmonella isnt worth it
>>
>>36966543
>I thought salmonella was only on the shells?

No, it can be in the egg itself.

>>36966640
In the US eggs are washed before sale -- that's why US eggs are refrigerated while they aren't in most of the world. The washing removes a protective natural coating.
>>
Golden Coffee:
Coffee and stir in a raw egg for that exta brotein.
I do that all the time.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.