[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If my lifts go up but my body weight stays the same am i building
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: ilya confused.png (190 KB, 396x473) Image search: [Google]
ilya confused.png
190 KB, 396x473
If my lifts go up but my body weight stays the same am i building muscle or just getting stronger?
>>
Gaining weight is the only way to know for sure if you are gaining muscle. Keep doing what youre doing and eat more if stalling
>>
>>36965595
Isn't body recomp a thing though? Like start at 70kg 18%bf and end at 70kg 12%bf.

Or is it too inefficient compared to traditional bulking and cutting?
>>
>>36965595

This is retarded because you can be losing fat faster than gaining muscle (which is most likely) unfortunately half this place believes you can pack on like 2lbs a week LMM natty.
>>
>>36965639
You cant gain muscle and lose fat unless you are a teenager or on roids. You need a surplus.
>>
>>36965667
Lol not true
>>
>>36965682
>lol not true
Nice argument
>>
>>36965667

You just need adequate protein and if your nutrition isn't shit(long shot for this place), then you'll burn fat and build muscle (slowly).

You are going to lose weight as fat burns quicker than muscle growth occurs and when you get low enough then you'll slowwwly weigh more.

The problem is most of you think your bw is muscle when it's fat on your shitty "Bulks"
>>
>>36965667
I lost a significant amount of fat and gained some muscle when I started to lift, and I was 26
>>
File: liftshockwave.gif (3 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
liftshockwave.gif
3 MB, 240x180
>>36965558
CNS adaptation bruh. Your brain is learning to recruit more muscle fibres to move things. It's the main reason for noob gains being so dramatic.
>>
>>36965741
those are noob gains, they don't count
>>
>>36965667

bullshit.

It's just harder to do and less efficient than bulking and cutting cycles. Not impossible.
>>
>>36965801

>moves goalpost when shown to be full of shit.

Keep it classy bud.
>>
>>36965637
Would like to know as well
>>
>>36965727
Agree to disagree
>>36965741
If you are a fatass starting out it may appear that way but fat people can have a good amount of musculature from carrying all that weight. You also appear bigger when you get more defined.
>>36965813
>its more efficient
Ofc it is because its a sure thing when you gain weight as opposed to the guessing game of recomp.
>>
>>36965558
I'm in the same area.
>Several months
>Bad routine
>Lose 10 pounds, lifts go up a little
>New, better routine
>Maintain same weight for 3 months
>Lifts jump up
I can only hope that I'm gaining muscle as fast as I'm losing fat. I can't think of a different explanation.
>>
>>36965558
Neurological adaptations unless you're fat. Muscle growth is really slow. The average guy can only put on 2 pounds a month
>>
>>36965815
i'm not even the guy you thought i was but noob gains are a very real thing. are you still recomping the same way you did at the beginning?

recomping is a thing but noob gains aren't indicative that recomposition is possible.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.