[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Some fit guy came up to me and improved my form and I was shocked..
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Spongebob_at_the_window.jpg (68 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Spongebob_at_the_window.jpg
68 KB, 640x480
Some fit guy came up to me and improved my form and I was shocked.. is it normal for strangers to help each others like this?
>>
>>36944339
Yes
>>
>>36944339
Yes. At least in small gym.
Do you happen to be german or Scandinavian to be that shocked at spontaneous human contact ?
>>
fucking PNW fucks avoid each other hard fuck this gay earth I need help
>>
>>36944371
Nope. I'm actually a mix of African/Australian. I was doing arm curls and I was told to extend my arms further.
>>
>>36944339
Why was he checking out your form to begin with?

Gay......
>>
File: spongebub.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
spongebub.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
>>36944450
The guy is huge I can't really be mad at him.. I should feel humble for the advice. Glad to know it's the norm.
>>
>normal for strangers to help each other
in most cultures, it is
>>
File: 1458294619988.jpg (26 KB, 498x412) Image search: [Google]
1458294619988.jpg
26 KB, 498x412
A guy told me I was going too much forward in my squats, then I was like "thanks, I didn't realize that", and then he showed me how a squat was supposed to be

Later on I realised he just didn't know the difference between low bar and high bar. I thought I was leaning too much forward on my low bar squats but I had a friend check it and the bar is always directly over midfoot
>>
>>36944427
African dad?
>>
>1 month into lifting
>been going to gym at 11pm to avoid crowds sometimes 5am
>go in at 10am one day because more confident with what I'm doing
>weight lifting room full of dyels, power racks are all free
>go to power rack where guy is watching himself do db flys in its mirror
>ignore and load up
>start squatting
>guy screams loud and drops his last dumbell and hops off his bench
> “scuse me m8 just noticed your form there and your back is slightly arched”
>”oh really I was actually wondering about that because I can't see myself”
>”yeah and you're going too low”
> computer switches itself on at home
> double clicks angry pepe folder
>”just see your head there pointing down.. what you need to do m8 is to have your head u-
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>-p and don't go so low, i'm only telling you m8 because I got a really bad back injury from doing squats and my pt at the time showed me proper form, I don't do them really because my injury was so bad, im just looking out for you m8, here can I show you?”
>proceeds to squat with the most horrifically concave back, head pointing skyward, presumably towards god, it wont be long now
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.