[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are diamond pushups the best kind of pushup for chest workout
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 2016-04-03-10-45-29-109206657.jpg (4 KB, 164x196) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-03-10-45-29-109206657.jpg
4 KB, 164x196
Are diamond pushups the best kind of pushup for chest workout
>>
>>36942068
No the one where I slide my dick in you is.Cry more niggerfaggot!
>>
Would also be interested in best exercise in general for chest size. Back and legs growing just fine but chest still skelly. Bench 225 5X5, 6'4" if it matters.

>>36942091
Are you stupid that works ass
>>
>>36942068
No, the worst. Closer together your hands are, the more you prioritize your triceps. Further apart, the more you target your chest.

Try it out, 10 regularly spaced, 10 diamond and 10 far apart. Tell me where you feel it.
>>
>>36942068
diamond push-ups use your triceps more, wide decline push-ups are GOAT for push-up chest workout.
>>
>>36942149
Are you trolling? Id you bench 2 plate pushups aren't going to do shit.
>>
>>36942168
I said exercise in general. So like weights and stuff. But plenty of people do pushups with bigger benches than mine.
>>
>>36942149
>Would also be interested in best exercise in general for chest size

Incline db bench. Only doing flat barbell bench early on is my biggest regret.
>>
>>36942201
>But plenty of people do pushups with bigger benches than mine.
Not for strength and size, more so for warmup and mobility.

If you want to add size, increase volume, weight or frequency. After your 5x5 work, try DB incline press 3x10 or 5x10 fly work. Something like that.
>>
>>36942228
I've been doing incline db for past few months. Is there anything to be said for decline press of any sort?
>>
Triangle pushups affect your triceps more, wide arm pushups affect your chest and shoulders.
>>
>>36942271
What incline have you been using. It should be the lowest possible setting, otherwise you become too limited by front delts.
>>
>>36942305
45 degrees or so. I guess I fucked up; thanks for the tip.
>>
>>36942330
Yeah, typically the restricting factor there is your front delts. Bring the incline as light as you can get it so you are targeting your chest more.
>>
>>36942369
But it makes sense if I've been fucking up accessories that I could bench 2pl8 but still have shitty pecs?
>>
>>36942391
Yeah, but 2 plate bench isn't the ticket to a nice chest. Certainly not when you are tall. I'm 5'10" and repping 2 plate gives me a nice enough chest, you have 6" on me, you probably want to be repping 10-15kg more than that.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.