[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cycling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
Do you guys think cycling can build muscle legs or at least make them more toned?
>>
>>36918779
Ofc it can, actually it does it a lot.
Just focus on sprinting and high ground path where resistance is higher rather than long distance only.
>>
>>36918795
pretty much this.
Also you have to TRAIN on your bike.
I know so many people that say they cycle 2 hours here, 2 hours there but wonder why the don`t lose fat or get nice leg muscles.
It`s because they ride their bike like grandpas.
Cycling should be as hard as your other workouts or else it`s...well...just fun. Wich is okay but you can`t expect to benefit from that to much
>>
>>36918822
How many hours you recomend to cycle?

Or I should focus more on going up hills and put more pressure on my legs?
>>
>>36918837
I would recomend mountain biking.

On the hours i don`t know. Never done it with a plan or something. But i felt that moutain biking is good for your coordination and intrinsic muscles.
I went into the woods/mountains for about 2 hours about 2-3 times a week. Was good for my grip too
>>
>toned

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>36918898
it's what dyels mean when they want less fat and more muscles so they can see their musclelines
>>
>>36918779
of course cycling can build legs. have you seen phil, kai, ramy, ronnie etc? their legs are enormous
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-25-13-41-05.png (109 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-25-13-41-05.png
109 KB, 720x1280
I do a ~33km tour once or twice per week.
Pic related.
And take the bike to the gym (~8km)
My squat progress is negatively affected though.
>>
Oh wow I just got a bike yesterday as part of a college graduation gift and I was wondering how far I should aim to ride the bike if I was going for an "intense" workout.
>>
>cycling

theres already a thread for that go check out /fraud/
>>
>>36918936
same here
I bike a lot and my quads and calves get really big pretty fast but my squat is one of my lifts that never goes up and I suspect that It's because I always "train" my legs
>>
>>36918936

>that top speed
>>
>>36918973
Isn`t it like this:
Less Reps = more Strenght
More Reps = bigger muscles
?
I think it was is that direction. Cycling is the epitome of "more reps". That would explain, why you get big muscles but have difficulty with high weight (like for example... lifting your bodyweight and added ones in a squat)
>>
>>36919007

It really doesn't work that way.

Sprint cyclists have huge legs for two reasons: 1, very short high intensity racing and 2, they do a ton of gym work. Distance cyclists tend to be much scrawnier because its all cardio.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.