[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Insulin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: insulin tattoo.jpg (55 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
insulin tattoo.jpg
55 KB, 768x1024
Help me understand insulin in the context of fitness. I am not a biologist and would like to make sure that I know what I need to know with respect to gains.

My current mental model is as follows:
- A special kind of protein (NOT a growth hormone, or any kind of hormone at all)
- Absolutely necessary for any sort of anabolism
- Does a whole bunch of other important shit that I don't want to think about or care about just as long as it works I guess

When fed or satiated, insulin is secreted into the bloodstream and tells the body "ok food has arrived let's start doing stuff with it" (packing on pounds and/or building/repairing muscle depending on what you ate)
When hungry, you are on low on insulin. The lack of insulin is the signal that means "start burning fat or cannibalizing muscle if the shit starts hitting the fan" (fat burning and catabolism)

So the proper time to get the high GI carbs is immediately before, during, and after a workout? For some reason...

Please explain.
>>
>>>/google/
>>
Honestly sounds like youre way over complicating things

Just workout and eat a lot of protein and good food
>>
>>36917249
Yeah I did that already!!! God!!!!
>>
High GI carbs spike insulin. Insulin is responsible for shuttling nutrients to tissue, which is required for anabolism.

Spiking insulin while your muscles are worked means more glucose is shuttled to the muscle tissue. More glucose = more gains.

If you spike insulin when your muscles arent hungry (excuse laymans terms) the anabolism will be adipose tissue, not muscle.
>>
>>36917225
>Dubble bonds without specifying that there is an oxygen there
>Unbound alkene (?)
>Drawing just protruding bonds and no recessed
>>
>>36917270
So, going by what you're saying, this seems to suggest that the optimal thing to during and immediately post workout is to just put some concentrated sugar syrup into your whey shaker bottle.

I don't think people actually do this, so what am I missing here? I'm not just looking for an excuse to eat sweet shit at the gym but if that is indeed what it takes sure why the fuck not. However I'm sure there's more to it...

>>36917310
I just googled "insulin molecule" and picked whatever looked interesting. That's not my tattoo and I wouldn't ever get one. Also as stated molecular bio is just a big question mark to me so I wouldn't notice these things.
>>
>>36917322
Pro bbers inject insulin post workout.

Thats how important it is. So yes sugar immediately post workout is a good idea, it wont spike insulin as much as a slin pin but it still helps. Gatorade, tang, ice tea powder what ever
>>
>>36917322
To be fair, the tattoo would probably overkill with all the atoms drawn.
>>
>>36917225
Insulin is an anabolic peptide hormone, it is definitely a hormone

Also insulin doesnt regulate hunger levels but blood sugar levels together with his inverse brother glucagon

Leptin regulates hunger level
>>
>>36917560
Neuropeptide Y causes hunger. Leptin blocks it's action in the hypothalamus.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.