[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
dae here do bent presses? i tried them for sets of 2 with a 50
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: SaxonBentPress.jpg (19 KB, 336x406) Image search: [Google]
SaxonBentPress.jpg
19 KB, 336x406
dae here do bent presses? i tried them for sets of 2 with a 50 pound dumbbell and found it pretty challenging. im pretty mind boggled the world record is 371 pounds.
>>
>>36912685
I still bent press often. It's a fun lift, and peoples reactions are priceless. My 1rm is 95lbs, and my short term goal is 1pl8 on each side.

Strongmen back in the day were bullshitters btw.
>>
>>36912685
Also, since you are the only ever person I've heard of doing this lift, do you start from rack, or floor?
>>
>>36912727
doing it with a dumbell start with it fomr the floor doing a dumbell clean. pic related is how youd do it with a barbell
>>
>>36912719
i could see that for bent press, but hearing about them ohp 250 or jerk 3 plates, clean 3.5 plates and snatch 2.5 plate seems reasonable
>>
>>36912970

interesting position, do you just push at an angle until it comes to rest above you, parallel to the ground? or do you flip the barbell into position from the floor before pressing?
>>
>>36913185
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPmDCsYgon4
this should give u an idea on how its done
>>
>>36913229

looks like it'll take some practice, but it makes sense to do it like that. I tried it a couple times with a fatbar and cleaned it off the floor before shimmying it under my shoulder, leaning over, and pressing it. this approach looks easier
>>
>>36913348
you can always go the dumbbell route too
>>
>>36912685
Did you get this idea from a post here on /fit/?

I posted about Harold Ansorge here a few times after I met his son who was dying of lung cancer.. I delivered his Morphine and met him in his Grafton NH house .. It was rough.. he was obviously in a lot of pain and was all alone in a very remote house although there was someone living in a smaller cottage on the property a way off from his house.. I looked him up and found this stuff about his father .

he has since died or I wouldn't have mentioned the circumstances.. I encounter many people in this job who are very near their death.. its kind of tough, takes a lot out of one.

http://superstrengthtraining.com/how-to-bent-press-correctly-harold-ansorge
>>
i notice that this guy >>36913229 seems to make a conscious effort not to rest his offhand on his knee, while the old timey strongman >>36912685 is supporting himself with his leg. Does it matter which way you do it? I'd think the latter would make it a bit easier to press more weight
>>
>>36913229

That guy did NOTHING right but the dismount
snap city ASAP. Surprised he didn't goon myself on that.

wide stance
STABLE STANCE
bend knees(horse stance)
ELBOW on knee

holy fuck this is bad. here watch this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pfx_WOgttY
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.