[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fatty here. I'm planning on not eating anything but a multivitamin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9
File: 1460947080400.png (270 KB, 657x657) Image search: [Google]
1460947080400.png
270 KB, 657x657
Fatty here.

I'm planning on not eating anything but a multivitamin and water for 4 weeks straight.

Is this dangerous in any way? I'm 5'11" 200 lbs and would like to get down to 160-170.
>>
>implying you'll last more than a couple hours on that diet

Don't kid yourself, you fat fuck.
>>
You will die, but most likely or give up.
Learn to 10% - 20% calorie deficit.
>>
>>36892684
No I have the will power from just looking at myself in the mirror and wanting to kill myself.
Doing this is the quickest most effective way of getting my body back.
>>
>>36892664
If this is not bait, then yes, that is incredibly dangerous. More to the point it will prove ineffective in the long run since as soon as you start eating at anything approaching normality again, your body will pretty much reverse any weight loss you have experienced. You will have no energy and will find the willpower to even sustain a kamikaze diet like that hard to maintain.

You are much better off calculating your calorie requirements through a calculator and aiming for slower, more manageable weightless of 1 to 2 lbs a week
>>
>>36892664
summer bodies are made in winter
youve been watching too many beachbody commercials
>>
>>36892706
>Doing this is the quickest most effective way of getting my body back.

Like you ever had it in the first place. Have fun losing a pound or two then bouncing back ten fold as a "reward"
>>
>>36892664
Obiously this would work very well, my compliments for doing your research in such a careful manner.
>>
>>36892772
>Have fun losing a pound or two then bouncing back ten fold as a "reward"

I've lost weight in the past by not eating or eating very little (<500 calories a day). It's really not that difficult. The only reason I got back up to 200lbs was because my depression got worse since I started college.

>>36892781
If sincere, thank you.
>>
>>36892664
>>
If you were lazy enough to get fat in the first place, you sure as hell don't have the will power to not eat for 4 weeks straight.

Just eat less, it's not that hard, you don't have to starve yourself.
>>
If you don't have the self discipline to eat at a caloric deficit then you sure as fuck don't have the motivation to completely cut food you fucking mong

Also, you're going to feel like shit and collapse after two days
>>
>>36892664
99% Sure you won't last longer than a day, as an ex-fatty myself the only reason I managed to do RFL 2.0 (Diet of only eating 800 cals for 6 days a week) was because I had already cut beforehand so developed some willpower.
>>
Fucking dumbass OP.

You say you have willpower,

So why not stick to an actual regime?

This isn't sustainable.

Sure, lose 10lbs of muscle mass in 4 weeks. Also likely fall into hypoglycemic shock and die.

OR

Just cut calories like a non-deluded human being, you faggot.
>>
Started my new lift style the exact same way, planned on going 3 weeks. After 4 days felt like death could barley walk and constantly felt like vomiting. I was 225 to start out, after the 4 days I started to not be a dumb ass and learned some about nutrition. Been 3 months and I'm down to 171 been eating 1000cal a day of mostly protein for 70% of days the rest I eat about 2500cal. Just add cardio and eat at 1000cal and you won't loose much muscle.
>>
File: lose-gain-maintain-weight.png (71 KB, 698x749) Image search: [Google]
lose-gain-maintain-weight.png
71 KB, 698x749
>>36892664

Count your calories. Calculate basal rate, eat 400kcal less.

Extremes won't work and aren't healthy.

http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html
>>
>>36892810
>If sincere, thank you.

It wasn't. He thinks you're a fucking idiot and deserve all the harm you're going to get. If you had done your research, you'd know this is shit.
>>
File: Nick's Fitness Guide for r9k.png (689 KB, 3664x2552) Image search: [Google]
Nick's Fitness Guide for r9k.png
689 KB, 3664x2552
OP, read this.
>>
>>36893102
not op, but nice guide senpai
>>
>>36892664
just eat 1000-1200 calories a day until you stop losing 2lbs a week. then start training
>>
>>36892664
don't be retarded, you fucking moron, and just eat with deficit
>>
>>36893102

>subtracting 500kcal from BMR and not TDEE

fucking dropped familia
>>
>>36892664
>Is this dangerous in any way?

extremely

you stand a near 100% chance of doing serious damage to your heart/liver/etc.

consider DNP instead

http://pastebin.com/JTmp1QiG

following these rules it is vastly less dangerous than what you are suggesting

what you are suggesting is borderline suicidal BTW
>>
Enjoy your ulcers
>>
>>36893382
>what you are suggesting is borderline suicidal BTW

No it isn't. People do water fasts for up to a month all the time. It can actually have health benefits.
>>
>>36892664
>I'm planning on not eating anything but a multivitamin and water for 4 weeks straight.
People can actually be this stupid.
>>
>>36892810

I'm going to tell you something useful because depression makes people fucking retards: you have an unhealthy relationship with food. The only way to start fixing your problems is to learn how to deal with your relationship with food. If you try this fast, you will not lose as much weight as you want, and will regain it almost immediately.

I know abstinence can be easier than moderation, but you will not succeed with this. Understand that your depression is making you a retard (>implying you weren't anyway), and that self-medication with food and self-medication with fasting are both destructive and do not cancel each other out. You can do a more rigorous fast (such as PSMF), an extremely low-cal diet, or a standard 500kcal deficit cut, and use those to transition to a sustainable diet which is both physically and mentally healthy.

Going through that hard slow painful cutting process is what will give you the determination, knowledge, habits and focus you will need to conquer your relationship with food going forward. If you cannot control your eating, your eating will control you forever.
>>
you'll lose most of your muscles and not just fat, also you'll lose a shit ton of water weight, glycogen etc. cause of not eating and you'll gain that water weight back pretty much instantly once you start eating (carbs) again.

if you want to get in shape start eating deficit and lifting, for you to lose 40 pounds is very well possible within 6 months and you'll be in decent shape by then if you do your cardio and lifting
>>
1-You won't make it because you're a weak willed fag
2-It will be literal suffering
3-You will gain all the fat back very fast
>>
>>36893399
Please, please shut the fuck up.

Not eating for a month opens the door for unpredictable catastrophe on the body. Massive muscle mass cannibalization is certain, heart failure is more than possible at such a timescale. It's a terrible idea for someone like OP
>>
File: 1460460724712.png (664 KB, 1267x1635) Image search: [Google]
1460460724712.png
664 KB, 1267x1635
>>36893399
>not eating for a month can actually have health benefits
drinking bleach can actually have health benefits as well
>>
>bmr 2000kcal a day
>lose 16 pounds (2000 * 28 / 3500) in a month of mostly muscle
>can't maintain this so you go back to your "normal" diet after its over
>bmr is lower because you destroyed what little lean mass you had
>bmr now 1700 kcal a day
You're the reason people think calories in calories out doesn't work. Have fun fucking yourself over and then yelling about muh slow metabolism.

Just read the sticky, find a diet thug can follow for LIFE and lift some weights. Fat shit.
>>
File: ok.jpg (29 KB, 375x305) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
29 KB, 375x305
>>36892706
>has will power
>let himself get fat
>>
if you want a more effective suicidal way to lose weight, buy DNP and go nuts. you'll reach your goal weight without having to go on a stupid diet like that
>>
>>36892664
you'll look even worse after
>>
>>36893367
If you take it from bmr it allows non disciplined fags to keep losing weight even when theylie about how hard they exercise and how often.
>>
>>36893399
People that do water fasts do it under close medical supervision and as an emergency weight loss procedure. Not to get a summer body.
>>
>>36892664
Just do Lyle McDonald's Rapid fat loss

Fastest way to Lose weight while minimizing fat loss.

Also if you don't eat and lose the weight you're just going to lose all your muscle.

Your body will go into starvation mode and eat your muscle first, since it's not your body's priority.
>>
The type of diet you describe will kill you.

Also, you'll likely fail (any normal person would) and then hate yourself/binge again.

Just start making some changes. Plan your meals and count your calories. What are some healthy, low calorie foods that you enjoy eating, op? Examples are things like grilled chicken, fruit, vegetables...?
Identify how many calories you'll allow yourself. I personally eat about 750 cal a day, but I am a 140 lb woman on track to lose about 2 lb/week until I'm down to 120.
On most days I'll go to the gym and do some cardio in order to increase my calorie limit for the day. 1&1/2 hrs on the eliptical can pretty much double how many calories I'm allowed for the day, which is awesome. Plus on days that I stick to my 750 cal AND go to the Gym, I know I'm burning fat twice as fast.

But op, you need to be gradual. Ease yourself in to your diet. Start at a small calorie deficit and slowly work your way to a bigger deficit. If you go from eating all the time to not eating a lot, your body will reject your new lifestyle. Train your body to function fully in a lifestyle where you budget your food.

Additionally OP, please get some psych help. You have exactly the mindset for an eating disorder, which will be a huge setback for your body and your health.
>>
>>36892664
Just take 500 off your maintenance and wait 5 to 10 weeks, anon. It's stupid easy and you won't kill yourself.
>>
>>36893407
>this
several hundred times >this
>>
>>36892664
1) It's an unhealthy approach to your goal
2) It's unhealthy for your body

It's completely understandable wanting to make a change to lose weight, whether from a perspective of wanting to improve attractiveness, health or both.

However, your way of achieving it is too extreme. Weight loss isn't something you do once and you're done with it; weight loss is the side-effect of developing permanent good eating habits and exercise habits. If you want to lose weight, don't think of it as a "thing" that you want to achieve at any cost, but as something you want to get and maintain long-term. Make a decision to decrease you portions sizes, looking at what you eat, and gradually overhauling your current habits until you end up habitually eating better food, in a structured way and with smaller portion sizes.

If you do it your way, you will damage your body and your health, and after you have achieve the weight goal, you'll start eating as you always did and put the weight straight back on.

Good luck.
>>
This board is fucking retarded. OP, do what you gotta do. I did the exact same thing and after 1 week I wasn't hungry at all. Only stop if you start feeling sick.
>>
>>36893786
Thanks bro. The amount of negative replies was convincing me otherwise. Dieting is basically starvation anyway. Fasting for a month shouldn't be that big of a deal.
>>
>>36893797
>40 replies telling you not to
>1 reply telling you to
>"I know who to listen to"

this is why fatties don't make it. enjoy failing for the rest of your life.
>>
>>36893797
the first 3/4 days you may feel sick, but that's only because your body changes its mode into ketosis after that you won't be that hungry.

But seriously, if you feel sick then stop the fasting. maybe check your health at a doctor after 1 or 2 weeks. good luck m8
>>
>>36892664
Fasting's good for you but not for 4 weeks. Go 2 weeks max.
>>
File: Evidence.png (408 KB, 900x855) Image search: [Google]
Evidence.png
408 KB, 900x855
>>36893923
Literally OP
>>
>>36893552
>The type of diet you describe will kill you.
Wrong.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495396/
>>
PSMF with a full fast twice a week is pretty much the max limit for cutting reasonably.
>>
If looking at yourself in the mirror makes you want to kill yourself, maybe you should look at yourself in the mirror a little more
>>
>>36893974
>kekd

Also, OP, try it man, just expect to fail VERY early in. Everytime I start fasting after a while of not doing IF, that first day I could eat myself I'm so hungry, this isn't something that you can power through, your entire body will be screaming for you to eat. You're already fat so clearly you don't have the willpower required.
>>
>>36892664
This is how girls lose weight and girls fucking suck at losing weight. Have fun dropping five pounds for a week or two
>>
>>36893407
Proper and well stated advice on fit? Is this the mythical lurking Scooby?
>>
>>36894222
I know depression and bad relationships with food, not dick, sorry.
>>
nah not worth it

just go on a keto cut with carbs under 10gm a day

nearly the same fucking results
>>
>>36894250
Does your depression ease off if you eat clean?

I can't tell if eating clean makes me less depressed, or I eat like shit when I am depressed.
>>
>>36892664
fat people are fucking funny
>>
>>36892706
>I have the will power from just looking at myself in the mirror
no you don't. it's also stupid as fuck.
>>
>>36892818
What's the original image this is based off of? I feel like I've seen it but I can't remember
>>
>>36892664
This is perfectly fine, if you do not have metabolic syndrome or diabetes.

I would recommend getting a blood glucose meter and check every 2 hours for the first few days.

Also to prevent intestinal cramping, some doctors give patients fiberous drinks. 0 calories, but it will keep your digestive running. This is not necessary, but can alleviate discomfort.
>>
File: 081.jpg (46 KB, 600x854) Image search: [Google]
081.jpg
46 KB, 600x854
>>36897341
It's that old stock photo guy
>>
whats with all the negative comments, fit used to love and help fatties who want to lose weight
>>
>>36892664
Hate to break it to you that you're still trying to take the easy way out like a little bitch. I get that you're thinking of taking an extreme measure because you believe in yourself and all and you think you're strong enough to do it or whatever but it's actually much easier to convince yourself "I'm special and have more willpower than everyone else so I can do this really drastic thing and just get it over with" than to just accept the fact that you're just like everyone else and the best proven methods are long hard and slow not a quick solution (regardless of how insane-and don't get it twisted nigga this is an insane idea- it is). In fact it's even easier to do that, but then blame something else when you're bat shit loony ass plan fails. Lift, do cardio, and eat a safe deficit of like -750 to -500 calories and you'll get better results guaranteed. You've got plenty of time left to live, doing a good thing the right way for a year isn't the worst decision you could make
>>
>>36897460
>telling someone their insane, dangerous plan is in fact insane and dangerous multiple times only to have them flippantly disregard any advice that they didn't want to hear is negative
Nu fit pls go
>>
>>36892664
OP, if you want to try extreme shit like this, take your multivitamins and some protein, like lean red meat / chicken breast / whey protein. It will still work for drastic weight loss, make you retain more muscle, and reduce the damage to your body.
Seriously, take some fucking pure protein while you're at it, like 100g of whey once a day, for much better results and much less harm.
>>
>>36897584
It is not dangerous, and probably isn't insane. Get your broscience out of here.
>>
>>36894085
IF isn't same as literally starving yourself to death.He will have low blood sugar and he is a fatty so his body isn't ready for that kind of thing.I could understand if he tries to do something like that with stages but if you start something like that you will have some serious shit.I tried something like that before and I had no energy to do nothing but sleep.
>>
File: be1.png (155 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
be1.png
155 KB, 625x626
>>
>>36893986
Came here to post that exact study.
>>
>>36892664
you are never going to make it and you've alreaady failed at life

feel sorry for you desu
>>
This is a fucking horrible idea. I get that you're excited and driven to get the weight off, but this is a truly awful way to go about it.

What's your game plan if you even survive to the next month? What are you going to eat then? Why not take it slower and establish a foundation of healthy living that will last you a lifetime rather than fucking up your body tremendously for a temporary "fix"?
>>
>>36892664
This is a very bad idea. When the body gets completely starved it will break your muscle cells down before it starts burning fat. Eat at a minor calorie deficiet and exercise at a gym. It is a long road but worth it.
>>
>>36895910
well, the scientific way to test it would be to log your eating, force yourself to eat clen when depressed, and also try eating junk when you're in a better mood.

I personally don't feel like eating clean makes me less depressed directly, although experimenting with keto did help me feel quite great, at least initially, and I do definitely feel better about myself when I'm eating better. Eating junk tends to be a downward spiral, and in the past it's been very hard for me to stop doing that "just one more meal... one more day eating junk, then I'll start eating less..." bullshit. The past couple months I think I've found a solution in tracking weight and using a trend line--I have my goal line to show me if I'm eating too many calories, trend line shows me if I'm still losing or gaining weight. My goal right now is very strict (around 1300kcal deficit), although it will lighten up with time. Eventually, I'll switch to tracking my maintenance weight and focus on making sure the line never trends too high.

tl;dr I don't know if clen food helps me feel better, but finding methods that don't allow for falling off the bandwagon help keep depression from steering me off course, and seeing real and constant improvement and results makes me feel good.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.