[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
my doc prescribed me venlafaxinum anybody here been on this shit,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 3
File: venlfaxinum.jpg (195 KB, 640x490) Image search: [Google]
venlfaxinum.jpg
195 KB, 640x490
my doc prescribed me venlafaxinum
anybody here been on this shit, how did you feel?
also antidepressants general
>>
Just got Sertraline. First time using it today.
>>
Taking prozac

It's calmed me down a lot. I was so angry and malicious before without really realizing it. Honestly did not anticipate it'd work so well

I did get nausea/stomach pain initially, but that passed. I'd recommend sticking through initial anti depressant sides if they're bearable, most seem to reportedly go away once your body adjusts
>>
>>36883368
What did they perscribe them to you for?
>>
>>36883524
ive been depressed for over a year, i refused to take medication because i didnt want to admit it to myself that im sick
it got worse, i barely get out of bed, some days i will lay for 14h, my eating disorder came back, i feel miserable, frustrated and hate people and i started missing workout which i never did before so i turned to psychiatrist and he told me to take it
>>
Will SSRI's reduce cortsiol secretion? I'm pretty sure I have too much because I'm stressed out and anxious every day.
>>
>>36883368
I take effexor (same as you) and it did wonders for me. I take it for anxiety and after I started taking it my ability to focus has skyrocketed. Quite literally saved my ass this semester in uni.

I had no side effects, however everyone is different.

>>36883749
Not sure if you're asking about another med, but venlafaxinum/effexor is an NRI

NRI's typically work faster than SSRI's, so I'd talk to a doc about trying an NRI.
>>
>>36883368
most psych doctors are lizards and it's best to cure whatever is ailing you naturally
the drugs usually fuck you up more and yes, it's on purpose, and yes, they know it's evil

these things will break your dick and make you even more depressed
>>
>>36883979
>it's best to cure whatever is ailing you naturally

A load of bollocks that doesn't work. Wasted over a decade trying to cure my anxiety naturally.

If you get cancer, are you going to cure it naturally? What about some deadly disease, you going to cure that naturally too?
>>
>>36884024
Anxiety =/= cancer nor a deadly disease.

I use to have anxiety, massive depression. You will get healed when you want to work towards getting healed. That's the shit that makes you even more depressed, thinking "OH WELL EVERYTHING IS OUT OF MY HANDS BOO HOO" fucking loser talk. That's literally tumblr tier faggotry where they whine how if people say "just get over it" it's bullshit and they can't.

Listen, take drugs if you want, but they'll mess you up as a person and you'll be hooked on pills for life. If that is a road you want to go down, go ahead. It won't change the sorry sack of shit you are though.
>>
>>36884535
>"OH WELL EVERYTHING IS OUT OF MY HANDS BOO HOO" fucking

Anxiety is caused by too much hormones and lack of serotonin. You can't will your body into reducing cortisol production when your body is fucked.

No you fucking mong, the medication goes hand in hand with wanting to get better. Where the fuck did I say anything about giving up.

You're so dumb that you think you're smart. Truly a lost cause.
>>
>>36884774
Got rid of my anxiety and depression that made me suicidal for 3 years by myself and no pills.

Seems like you're the lost cause here, pillboy. Hope you find your magic cure.
>>
>>36884986
>Got rid of my anxiety and depression that made me suicidal for 3 years by myself and no pills.

Then it was nothing serious. Just means you're a little bitch.
>>
>>36885039
Keep telling yourself that, "little bitch". Be sure to make a tumblr blog after you're done getting all the sand out of your vagina from being called out for being a faggot by an anon.

>Excuses - the thread.
>>
>>36885096

>I can magically control how much hormones by body secretes

Can you fly also? You were just a bit sad and never had any serious medical issues. Took you 3 years to stop being sad, lmao.
>>
>>36885126
Good luck with your baby pills brah. Sorry for not giving you the validation you so desperately crave for.
>>
>>36885171
>if your testosterone is low, you can think about increasing it and it will magically increase
>>
>>36885185
>>36885171
>>36885126

You faggots should just fuck already
>>
Started off on fluoxetine (prozac) got terrible side effects of pain in my face.

Now been on sertraline 3 months, no side effects and I can feel it working
>>
>>36885243
>Now been on sertraline 3 months, no side effects and I can feel it working

When did you notice it working? I took it for the first time today (only 25mg) and I feel better and more social-able. Probably placebo.
>>
>>36883368
Effexor is probably one of the few anti-depressants you should steer clear of.
I JUST got off of them and i was on 37.5mg too.
Fair warning, don't drink alcohol while on it or you'll be so fucked up it's unreal.
It did help keep the negative thoughts at bay and it took about 2 weeks for it to start working.
But after 4 months the effects started to fade and i didn't want to up the dose because i know this is a medicine you don't want to be on for a long time.
It's also metabolized by the liver btw and that's no good.
>>
>>36885304

Why do you fags do meds without CBT with a professional or CBT by yourself?
>>
>>36885320
CBT means what in this scenario?
>>
i was on venlafaxinum.

my highest dosage was 75mg. it helped with my depression but in return i got a dead dick and sometimes it was hard to take a shit. so i decided to not take it anymore. instead i stopped fapping and did more sporst.
>>
>>36885343

Cognitive behavioral therapy. Teaching yourself to think rationally. Most of depression and anxiety is caused by how you think about things.
>>
>>36885347
HOLY THIS I forgot to mention it taking about a whole hour just to even edge on Venlafaxinum.
It fucking sucked trying to fap on it.
Arm was sore and legs hurt from straining
>>
>>36885380
>Venlafaxinum

Why is your doc putting you on that heavy shit?
>>
This stuff made my eyes look like I ate a pound of shrooms.
>>
>>36885347
>and did more sporst.

This is a fucking meme. I started lifting to deal with anxiety and depression, sure, it helped (particularly with depression), but now I'm 6'4 and 235lbs and anxious/stressed instead of 6'4 and 180lbs.
>>
>>36885378
If it were that simple, I would have done it already.
I ended up losing my hair when i lost all of the weight I did and on top of that, I still see that fat person I was, so I've developed body dysmorphia and even after 1.5 years of progress, i still feel the same as i first did.
>>
>>36885437

Are you doing both CBT and meds?
>>
>>36885431
sorry it didn't work for you. i am doing cardio and HIIT - not lifting. maybe that's the difference
>>
>>36885454
I'm not doing CBT.
No more meds for me except the stuff for my acne.
Getting off of the Effexor, i can tell the difference it made but the long term effects were not worth it.
Going to a psychiatrist next month and seeing what they say about the situation because my PCP has given up.
>>
>>36885458

I do HIIT (on a stationary bike) and boxing also. Of course I feel much better afterwards, but not for long.

Nothing worked until I tried sertraline.
>>
>>36885488

I don't understand why they haven't told you to do CBT. That's retarded. What's the point of giving you meds if you're not changing the way you think?
>>
>Effexor
If you ever forget to take a single dose, then enjoy your withdrawals. At least most other AD's won't make you go into withdrawals if you forget just one dose.
>>
>>36885521
Because doctors are shit in today's society.
They only want to give you things that make their pharmaceutical reps happy.
They don't give a fuck about the individual.
>>
>>36885535

Tell them you want to do CBT when you see them next.
>>
>>36885557
I'm not going to be seeing them anytime soon.
They costed me a fuckload of money from doing a bunch of tests (even a whole fucking genetic panel)
The next time I see anyone will be the psychiatrist and this will be my first time with them. I'll mention it to them.
>>
>>36885574
Your city may have a mental health resource that will give you a referral to CBT without seeing a doctor.
>>
File: nigger.gif (3 MB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
nigger.gif
3 MB, 290x189
>using SSRI's

have fun not being able to function properly for the rest of your lives
>>
>>36885619

I used SSRI's in combination with CBT and came off fine 12 months. Don't have any issues.
>>
Will SSRI's still cause weight gain if you're lifting and doing HIIT and counting calories?
>>
>>36885689
I never experienced the weight gain unless I was trying to bulk.
>>
>>36885726

How do you know that was related to sertaline? You're going to gain weight on a bulk, that's normal, lol.
>>
>>36885744
>sertaline

I meant the SSRI*
>>
>>36884774
I'm sure in a few cases anxiety and depression are legitimately cause by some chemical imbalance, but honestly I think it's more common to be an effect of childhood circumstances. grew up with parents who scolded me for every single thing I did, and discouraged me from acting the way I wanted, so of course that gave me anxiety in my teen to early adult years.

I went to a talk therapist for about a year who helped me sort out these issues, and that along with diet and lifestyle changes have helped immensely. So I generally agree with what the other poster is saying, although it not the case 100% of the time.
>>
>>36885744
Because I've never gained any other weight. Even before I started lifting, I never gained any weight. The whole "weight gain" is from people who don't do any exercise and eat more after starting since they now are getting their appetite back. Most people eat less when they're depressed. There are some who eat more when depressed, but these are the ones who eat as a form of self-medication.
>>
>>36883368
I've used it, you get used to it in a week, however you'll be sleepy all day long and won't be able to sleep at nights during that week. Buy some melatonin for it, take 3mg an hour before bed and another 3mg when you're about to sleep. Also, you can power through the drowsiness, it's not impossible.
>>
>>36885816
>The whole "weight gain" is from people who don't do any exercise and eat more after starting since they now are getting their appetite back.

This is exactly what I thought it was: people who are lazy, don't exercise, etc. gain weight on SSRI's because they eat more.
>>
>>36884535
You fucking idiot. Depression and anexiety can be either caused by external or interal causes. You "fixed" you anexiety by fixing the external causes, not by fixing your brain. In the case of people with real brain issues it's real and it's not as simple, you new age idiotic cunt.
>>
>>36885215
>talking to the same person
>you faggots should fuck
>>
>>36885266
Sorry for late reply

It took about about a month before I started feeling it, I started on 50g but progressed to 200g quickly
>>
I was on a few different SSRIs in high school (cant remember the names) and I wasn't a fan. I remember just feeling a slightly different kind of shit when I was on them, and was generally less happy and more easily irritated.

I'm doing a lot better now, which I thank mostly to being pretty fulfilled with uni, lifting, and [sboiler]going to church[/sboiler].

I'm more prepared to say that meds just aren't my cup of tea instead of saying that they don't work at all, because I know a lot of people who swear by them.
>>
>>36886392
>SSRIs in high school

They don't prescribe SSRI's to anyone under the age of 18 in my country.
>>
>>36886272

How are you now?
>>
>>36885800
Year i think so too, had the same issue + my brother was a heroin addict at 15 when i was 12. All the attention went to him and I ate my emotions away causing me me get up to 140 kg. Took me 4 fucking years to get Z decent body but my mind and way of thinking was still fucked up. Took me another 14 months or so to not be suïcidaly depressed with the help of CBT like the other anon said. My father made up for the scolding and neglect by financially supporting me through this and my mother by emotionally (when she was mentally capable herstelf) an practically supporting me. 2 years ago I 'hated' them but now I just realize they couldn't cope with my brothers addiction Well enough to function properly themselves.

TLDR if you want a lifetime, healthy change you'll NEED CBT. Reach put for help if you're depressed, it's almost impossibre to do alone.
>>
Just man up, faggot
How can you be depressed in a first world country
>>
>>36886814

Fuck off cunt.
>>
>>36886418
Cool country - here in North America they hand them out like candy.

t. loser Canadian who was also put on SSRI's in high school

Honestly I think they're just placebos. Depression is a normal human state.
>>
>>36886814
Kek
>>
>>36884535

>you will be hooked on pills for life

I like this meme. Velafaxinum and many other antidepressive drugs don't cause dependency.
>>
>>36883368

Used Velaxin for years and never had any issues.
No withdraw when I forgot pills.
No side effects.
Didn't negatively affect my gains either.

>>36885304

Everything is metabolized by the liver you fucking genius.
>>
I hope you all tried L tyrosine and 5 htp before jumping on the kike pills
>>
>>36886622
Getting better slowly, I still feel depressed every once in a while but it's never overwhelming and irrational like it used to be.

I'm also doing CBT
>>
>>36885619
effexor is a SNRI, not SSRI. they're not quite the same.

I take it and my side effects have been slight constipation and it takes me a bit more effort to orgasm. the benefits for me outweigh the risks as I am doing 150% better than when I started.

I don't do CBT anymore, it never helped me and doc said my anxiety was more of a chemical imbalance than anything else, and I didn't really have anything to say in therapy.

I don't think I've ever forgotten a dose so I dunno what withdrawal feels like

sorry to blog but ye idk effexor is the best I've ever tried, I'm currently on 150mg. strattera and adderall were the absolute worst thing ever for me
>>
>>36886814
sounds like your brain is rich in dopamine. congratualtions
>>
SSRI put my shit back on track
I'm pretty sure accutane fucked with my chemical balance
It was hard as fuck to cum when I used it.
Stopped taking it like 5 months ago, doing good so far
>>
>>36886892
Yep. Didn't do shit.
>>
>>36886892

Back to /pol/ bro scientist
>>
>>36885619
I'm genuinely curious what you have come across to write that
pls explain
>>
>>36883368
Helo. Taking this drug for a year. Before I started taking it I have been strongly depressed for 10 years. This is the first drug that worked on me, which is magical :) but you have to keep in mind that every person is different and you have to keep searching in this one will not work.
>>
>>36886897
Withdrawl feels like how you started x10. Even if you miss a dose, though, you'll feel it until the next day (i.e. more than enough time for another dose). I got rid of it with microdoses.
>>
>>36886894

Your shit sounds serious. I won't be going higher than 50mg I think.
>>
>>36887068
if*
>>
>>36886892
>I hope you all used science before using science
>>
>>36887014
fair enough. The L tyrosine is for sure helping me. It makes me super clear headed, focused and motivated to do shit which were two of my biggest problems. and the 5 htp makes me wake up feeling great.

>>36887040
these are scientifically studied amino acids faggot. I'm not saying anti depressants don't work. But if you think they're fool proof and have no serious side effects, you're an idiot. especially since very few have been studied long term.

anti depressants trick your brain into thinking you have enough serotonin and dopamine. I'm just saying it's wise to try and build up your natty levels before resorting to something that could potentially harm your brain.
>>
>>36887066

He read some shit on the Internet and repeated it.
>>
>>36887076
Yeah, I assumed that would be how it was.

I had to titrate up from 35mg -> 75mg -> 150mg and expect to do the same once I decide to go off it. Not looking forward to it though.
>>
>>36883368
I'm on 225mg with no real side effects other than slowed down digestion.
The first week I felt kind of weird in various ways at times but it wasn't anything horrible.
I started at 75 and increased by 75 every two weeks. There wasn't much of a difference between 75 and 150 but there definitely is one between 150 and 225.
I heard stories about a lot of people having problems with this drug, especially discontinuation. Still, it was my drug of choice, other than milnacipran because SNRI are proven to work better, switching SSRI in general is not really recommended because your body can develop a tolerance to all drugs of this type and because I couldn't really be bothered with TCAs yet.
I also have no discontinuation symptoms, as I have tried this on purpose but then I have a high tolerance to all drugs.
Some of my medications contain alcohol which in general is a counter indication with venlafaxine but this is mostly because there is a ~1% chance that you will develop alcoholism if you mix both which does go away with discontinuation but it's still something to worry about. I experience no such reaction.
I am a lot calmer now, feeling a lot better in general. Additionally whenever I increased dosage my libido basically died for a week but it came back the next. I can't say if the additional motivation comes from the noadrenaline or simply because my depression has gotten a lot better.
I do not want to raise my dosage above what it is now by myself but I have an appointment with a psychiatrist scheduled in a month.
Be wary that venlafaxine is a love or hate it kind of drug, some people have extreme adverse reactions that do not go away over time so if you experience anything like that it would probably be better to switch drugs.

>>36885304
You're supposed to keep taking your pills if they "poop-out" on you as it seems to mostly be a mental thing that goes away after a while.
Yes it's metabolized by the liver but it doesn't really fuck with enzymes.
>>
>>36883368
Do not open the capsul, do not crush the inside and snort it man!!! just dont!

If u do, then only 1/3 of the inside :^)
>>
>>36887135
I have been on effexor for like 3 months. bf's family invited me to ~brunch~ tomorrow and the place we're going has an open bar and I want a mimosa or two

Should I avoid the bar? Can I have one drink? Will do more research later, but I'm wondering if anyone has experiences with drinking while on it. I drink like once a year so until I read your post I didn't think to check on it.
>>
>>36887096

My problem isn't motivation or so much my mood (though it can be shitty, more angry and frustrated not depressive). It's chronic anxiety and stress. My stomach is fucked, my concentration is fucked, I'm barely sleeping, not recovering from training properly, etc. My body is over producing adrenaline and cortisol.

I was depressed when I was younger, but I got over that, but I can't shake this off. No matter how retarded I know it is.

If I have a job interview to go do or some other important event, I'll start dripping in sweat, experience time dilation, fight or flight, hands shake, stutter when speaking, forget what I just said or heard, and a bunch of other shit. I can just imagine an important even in the abstract and I can produce stress/anxiety similar to a fight or flight response.
>>
>>36887209
You might get alcohol cravings after.
Some people also get really sensitive to alcohol.
The effects vary wildly and enough people experience them to make it a known issue.
It's your choice if you think you can deal with it/if you think it's worth the risk.
>>
>>36885870
you sound mentally broken. chill
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.