[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /fit/ hate crossfit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 17
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 4272x2848) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 4272x2848
Why does /fit/ hate crossfit?
>>
File: 1454458018344-1.png (105 KB, 362x492) Image search: [Google]
1454458018344-1.png
105 KB, 362x492
>green bumper
>10 lbs
>>
you get injured real fukin fast from these exrecises, doing 200 crossfit pullups means you have strong legs, you go to classes, functional strength=dyel strength.
8-12 reps, 3-5 sets=hypertrophy
3-8 reps, 3-5 sets=strength
2000 reps, 600 sets=wasting your fukin time and joints and abusing babyweight
>>
>>36882007
You realize crossfit isn't all about circuit workouts and doing things for time, right? Those are just gimmicky WODs meant to be a burnout at the end of your lifts.
>>
>>36881934
because it has an injury rate of around 50%
and the people doing it aren't athletes, they're just regular people getting in way over their head doing shitty routines
>>
Crossfitters are socially outgoing and easily liked because they are normies. They actually get out d their moms basement and nail chicks they meet at their crossfit box. /fit/ is just gelli gel.
>>
People actually hate crossfit? I really don't give a shit either way. Some of them look good, some look like crap. Same with every other gym. It's probably not ideal for noobs, but seems like it could be effective if you know what you're doing.
>>
>>36881934
you don't really need certification to be a crossfit coach
You only have to take a two day class and you're certified
>>
>>36881934
because most people who do it won't shut up about it and they're proud of the fact that they're slowly destroying their joints with hundreds of reps of compound movements done with shockingly poor form

>>36882038
yeah maybe people do compounds properly at a "real box", wherever the fuck you find those, but from what crosshitters have told me those meme lifts make up the bulk of what they do
>>
It's not so much the crossfit modalities that I hate, as I do the people who do them. They're all such elitist attention seeking fucks who never make any gains it makes my head spin
>>
>>36881934
Crossfit did a great job making the basic and Olympic barbell lifts popular. If you just trained this aspect then crossfit is pretty good.
However, seemingly equally embraced is the weird gimmicky bullshit that people grab a hold of and use to form their interpretation of what Crossfit actually is.
The trainer certification seems to really be a big money making avenue as well so you see a lot of sub par coaches approved which is incredibly dangerous.
Finally it's probably the injury rate. By encouraging these weird exercises and putting a focus on how many reps you can do rather than how many GOOD reps you can do the injury rate is pretty hideous. Athletes are often injured playing sport because that is where you see fatigue, poor form and unexpected explosive contractions. Training isn't supposed to injure people with such high frequency.
>>
>Join LA Fitness
>get a solid base working out for 2-3 years
>Crossfit gym opened recently
>Join
>Meet so many cool people
>Do oly lifts everyday
>Bang girls who won't tell my girlfriend about our escapades

Seriously?
>>
>>36882200
I just started crossfit and most of my lifts are Olympic style lifts (snatch, cleans, push press, Squat, etc) mixed in with some cardio bullshit that involves jumping around.
>>
>>36881934
>can be taught by anyone who has completed an arbitrary course regardless of fitness level and ability
>teaches highly technical olympic lifts which can be dangerous when performed incorrectly >encourages to complete x amount of reps in y time, greatly increasing chances of injury especially towards the end of a set when form begins to waver
>no concept of periodization
>kipping pullups
>>
>>36882267
I should point out that the guy hat heads the gym is a former Olympic squat athlete so that may be why.
>>
>>36882293
Gonna need you to repeat this sentence, but without the lies this time
>>
File: RpBkpNs.gif (2 MB, 340x191) Image search: [Google]
RpBkpNs.gif
2 MB, 340x191
>>
File: 1424112234753.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1424112234753.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>36882965
Kek, he actually kicked her in the arm too
>>
>>36882293
>the guy hat heads the gym is a former Olympic squat athlete
>a former olympic squat athlete

and a snake oil salesman to gullible idiots like u lmao
>>
I've actually thought about giving it a try for a month just to meet grills that are relatively fit. I go on dating websites and it's just wall-to-wall hamplanets, and that's like literally the one criteria I have, appearance wise anyway.

I'm just afraid it would be like a cult that won't let you leave... Like they'd send people after you if you stop coming.
>>
>>36882249
Good post senpai
>>
https://www.t-nation.com/training/crossfit-the-good-bad-and-the-ugly
>>
For the simple fact it's a way of life, not just a fitness routine. Ignore all the injuries and the inherent idiocy of branding it as elite programs that soccer moms can do; the simpletons that adopt it make it their entire life and are smug as shit about it.
>>
>>36881934
Because no cunt here is fit enough to do crossfit
>>
>>36883375
I went to a crossfit session to see what it was like and the class had everything from raided out Chads to moms who did it before they had to pick their kids up.
>>
File: 065 - Y8Ryp.jpg (34 KB, 300x411) Image search: [Google]
065 - Y8Ryp.jpg
34 KB, 300x411
>>36882965
>>
>>36883375
>Muh faggot routine is exclusive to me
>>
Remember, Crossfitâ„¢ isn't just a training method. Crossfitâ„¢ is a large corporation.

And a corporation that charges people outrageous amounts of money to teach them bad form, bad and undisciplined training habits, and a bad "more hardcore than thou" group mentality that re-imagines their constant injuries as proof of their hardcore fitness virtue instead of as a sign that they're doing something wrong.

And for what results? The pinnacle of Crossfitâ„¢ achievement, the Crossfit Gamesâ„¢, are half-filled by Olylifters who realized that they could collect free money by waltzing in with their Oly training and easily place well, and the other half totally dominated by people who train with a version of Crossfitâ„¢ that's far more structured like conventional cross-training than the random fucking around that made Crossfitâ„¢ so famous in the first place.

It's a shit training system that has been very cleverly marketed by an unscrupulous corporation run by complete assholes. Even if you got roped in at some point, there is no excuse to not think about the corporation differently ever since Kevin Ogar had to go begging to the "community" when he snapped his shit up, because the cunts running the Games didn't even have the decency to give their athletes the kind of health insurance that even Division 3 college athletes enjoy. If you're giving your money to Crossfitâ„¢, you're a sucker, end of story.
>>
>>36882257
>working out for 2-3 years

You don't know how long you worked out for?
>>
The concept seemed fine, and evidently I can't have been the only one who thought so, seeing how they got Rippetoe to do some coaching for them.
I mean, it's about building a good strength base around functional exercises without much fluff (Less machines, more bodyweight and barbell/kettlebell work - Sound familiar?) mixed with a healthy dose of cardio.

I just suspect something went very wrong by the time it started to rake in money.
>>
>>36883280
I thought about the same, but then I found out how expensive it is. Even if I could easily afford it, I don't want to deal with spoiled rich girls
>>
File: gf goals.jpg (55 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
gf goals.jpg
55 KB, 600x375
>>36883903
>tfw no spoiled rich girl gf to buy protein powder and bumper plates for you with daddy's money
>>
>>36883940
You sound like a cuck
>>
>>36881934
whoaaaaaaa southbay, that's where my buddy goes.
>>
File: 0YevFSp.gif (1 MB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
0YevFSp.gif
1 MB, 320x320
>>36881934
realistically, where I live, crossfit boxes (or whatever the fuck they're called) are my only chance of stepping on an oly platform, outside of joining the federation.

their prices are pretty high tho, $7.5 per day for oly (they also supposedly train you). say I'd go twice a week, that's $60/month in a country where minimum wage is $200 (net).
>>
File: never.gif (2 MB, 500x272) Image search: [Google]
never.gif
2 MB, 500x272
>>36882965
>>
>>36882007
>>36882038
Ya, it really depends on the WoD.
>>
>>36882545
>Olympic squat athlete
He means he high-bar squats. Those are no credentials.
>>36882293
>>
>>36882293
>former Olympic squat athlete
What's his name? Let's look him up.
>>
>>36881934
It's great if you're trying to kill yourself.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=viQnHOXyqEg

THIS is why people hate crossfit
>>
>>36884492
what a fucking twat
>>
>>36882000
thats the first thing i thought lol
>>
Because Crossfit is superior to normie lifting.
>>
>>36884139

I call them kip-ups
>>
>>36884139
$60/month??!?! That's fucking cheap compared to Germany.

The most boxes I have heard of are around 75€/month including 1 training session a week.
>>
File: 1453255829677.png (106 KB, 289x289) Image search: [Google]
1453255829677.png
106 KB, 289x289
>>36884492
Oh it's this asshole.
>"I just deadlifted 560 lbs today"
>proceeds to clean 135 with a rounded back, caving knees and a terrible rack position

I'm surprised the video is still up, with comments and likes enabled as well.
>>
Kipping pull ups.

Thats it. The argument is over. Crossfit is shit.
>>
>>36884704
that's just for oly, twice a week, no open gym, no crossfit training. also what's minimum wage in germany? yeah.
>>
>>36881934
>10 lbs plates.

>green

fucking crossfitters
>>
>>36884668
I thought they were called Flopping Fishes.
>>
>>36884753
Ever tried it?

Got some bulked bodybuilder over. At first he was like 'hurr durr corssfit is retarded'. Did his first WOD and was addicted.

It's called modifying or scaling a WOD.
If you seriously think kipping pull ups are retarded, then you didn't grasp the idea behind it and most likely never tried a WOD yourself.
>>
>>36884793
I don't need to grasp the concept becausw kipping pullups use momentum and the whole "muh cardio circuit" is dumb when I run 12 miles twice a week. Kipping teaches poor form and that it's okay to cheat by using momentum.
>>
>>36884793
>it has a special name therefore it's great

Anything that makes the exercise easier with less muscle worked is not as good as the safer harder and more rewarding version.

Might as well do push ups with your knees touching the ground.
>>
>>36884492
Why does he talk about bumping the wall for so fucking long? And acts likes hes so proud of it.
>haha yeah I very slightly damaged a wall. I know its hard to see. Lemme brag about it. 185 lbs. Did I mention it was 185 lbs?
185 lbs isn't even that much.
>>
It's their attitude.

>be convinced that your training methodology creates peak athletes.
>create 0 winners in any strength discipline nor 0 winners in any endurace discipline.

>brag about lifting babby oly weights.
>same problem with supplement industry. Guys clearly juicing claiming their gains are from xfit.
>>
>60 dollars a month + 40 dollars a month for regular gym membership.

Yeah, no thanks.
You can literally do all the same shit in a regular gym since they post their daily workouts online, but why would you want to.
>>
>>36884847
>>36884896

lol, yep. You didn't understand the concept.

BTW Running 12K is easy for a Crossfitter.

inb4
>muh gainz
>>
>>36881934
I like the idea of Crossift, if you would some parts of crossfit i would like it.
Parts that should be subsitutet are:
>Kipping pullups
>Oly Lifts on reps
>Doing 1000 of reps.

Personally i believe, if you combine weightlifting technique powerlifting and strongman exercices+ some athletic stuff like sprinting climbing and doing gymnastics you could in awsome shape, sadly there are not alot of gyms where you could to this.

A plan like this could look like:
Mo: Heavy pulls
Tue: Oly lift technqiue
Wed:Heavy squats
Thur:Upper Body (Bench row Dips)
Fri: Rest
Sa:Oly lifts heavy, front squats,?sprints?
Sun:Upper Body(OHP weighted pullups)

This could work out and would make fun, if you have time /equipment etc.
>>
>>36884974
For example look at this faggot crossfitter.

>>36885032

Just a shitty attitude
>>
>>36885005
So you can be around other smug people to jerk each others' egos off.
>>
>>36885032
>12K
Yep, you have shit reading comprehension. And no, hardly any CF does anything pass a 5k. The CF people I know supposedly have a way to run marathons without running anymore than 5 miles, but could only make 3 miles. I have ran a marathon. CF is shitty cardio.
>>
File: 1459701600877.gif (548 KB, 215x140) Image search: [Google]
1459701600877.gif
548 KB, 215x140
>>36882000
>>36884769
>>
>>36881934

Olympic lifts for reps
>>
From what I've gathered crossfit is sorta like martial arts. If you have a good gym with a good instructor you'll do alright, maybe not as well as someone doing more legitimate routines. But there's so many shitty instructors and gyms that you'll more often than not pay 200 dollar a month to crawl around on the ground.
>>
Just ignoring how prone to injury all of crossfit related stuff can be, one of its main issues is that it lacks any particular goal in the way that traditional training does not.

When "crossfit athletes" compete, they only compete in crossfit events. You hardly ever hear about athletes who train using Crossfit placing highly in any real olympic lifting or powerlifting meets. This is because the only purpose of crossfit is to get better at doing crossfit. At that point you're not really training for anything in particular except to be better at the strange method that you and everybody around you is doing. When it comes to competing in specialized lifts like the snatch and the c&j, traditional training will get you a lot further than crossfit ever will. This is on top of the fact that a lot of these athletes don't even train for these events in a way that incorporates crossfit, they'll use alternative training methods.

For most people this isn't a problem as crossfit is sort of designed to get people who wouldn't normally exercise off the couch, but for anybody looking to make even some kind of marked progress in a specific area, crossfit is pretty inefficient.

A pretty great analogy from the broscience video on it is that it's the difference between "Building a house and getting really good at putting nails in a board."
>>
I wouldn't do crossfit because it's too expensive and has a high risk of injury
>>
>>36881934
Crossfit is full of women and /fit/ is gay
>>
File: crossfit jumps.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
crossfit jumps.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>36881934
Here is why, OP
>>
>>36884492
It makes me kind of sad. I am a very young adult (20) and it's always weird seeing grown-ass men be this insufferable and immature. You don't really notice it as a teenager, and it's just so growing up with the "if they are older they are more mature" dogma. Then you reach an age where suddenly you're more put together/self-aware than some grown ass men and it's just this bizarre feeling.
>>
>>36886474
I get what you mean but it's kind of a bad point. You don't see powerlifter competing at Olympic lifting and you don't see Olympic lifters competing in sprinting or wrestling. Anyone training for a sport is training for one specific sport, not that I'm calling crossfit a sport. I think the real problem is that crossfit as a program is fundamentally based on a good idea, since the point behind it is to engage your whole body in a circuit of fast exercises, but because normal people can't do it properly and normal instructors can't teach, it all becomes a clusterfuck of injuries and retarded "workouts"
>>
>>36883595

/thread
>>
>>36881934
>Why does /fit/ hate crossfit?
Because /fit/ likes their joints and does not want to part with them at the age of 35-40.
>>
>>36886725

Waste of a perfectly good warehouse
>>
>>36887210
Running does this and some degenerates still fucking do that here
>>
>>36886725

I like the part where the women had the yelllow safety balls and the men didn't.
>>
File: 1361740112443.gif (3 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1361740112443.gif
3 MB, 250x188
some exercises weren't meant to be done in a mad lib format.

WOD's are stupid and don't account for personal strength/endurance, nor yesterday's WOD.

Overpriced.

It's only main perk is that it's social and the exercises are regularly changing, because that's what a lot of people somehow need in order to exercise.
>>
>>36882039

Crossfit shill detected. Try an injury rate more like 75%. Here's the source and some mental gymnastics by Crossfit to make that number seem small. Apparently, crossfitters don't understand that the same person can get injured more than once.

http://www.stack.com/a/crossfits-injury-rates
>>
>>36884492

>560

Lel we had kids in high school hit that on the regular, step up you weak ass bitch
>>
>>36887396
>exercises are regularly changing, because that's what a lot of people somehow need in order to exercise.
gotta confuse the muscles
>>
>>36882257
How is sex with a crossfit girl?
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 755x696) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 755x696
>>36884492
Those dips LMAO
>>
>>36887532
timestamp?
>>
>>36886725
You know you're doing Crossfit when your and your friends workout routine looks like a fail compilation
>>
File: 258938.png (178 KB, 450x411) Image search: [Google]
258938.png
178 KB, 450x411
>>36886725

Holy fuck that is terrifying. I've seen tons of crossfit footage and this takes the fucking cake
>>
>>36882257
>Bang girls who won't tell my girlfriend about our escapades

I hope you get a std or a stalker girl
>>
>>36886725
>>36888043

How to destroy your sacrum 101
>>
>>36886725
the one guy who actually cleared the jump was sent back.. is the point of this to fall?? i must be missing something
>>
>>36887396
That is so fucking scary. These people are so dumb. How did they get this fucking dumb? How are they alive?
>>
>>36884492
its funny that he doesnt know those other guys are judging the shit out of him. he thinks they're 'mirin. and the old man who calls him hero probably thinks he's a dumbass lol
>>
>>36886725
This is amazing. I am absolutely stunned.
Why the fuck do they do this? It is so obviously stupid and dangerous.

I am at a loss.
>>
>>36881934
quick movement with heavy weights
>>
File: dorian.gif (3 MB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
dorian.gif
3 MB, 400x224
>>36888422
this. oly lifts aren't meant to be done at high intensity.
>>
doing oly lifts with light/medium weight seems like a great idea to me, though I'm not down with the whole circuit training part, or that it's expensive as fuck
>>
>>36881934
Because it's like Olympic Weightlifting and Military Training's retarded son.
>>
>>36887426
>crossfit shill
I almost go upset here
>more like 75%
I kek'd hard here. Thanks for the roller coaster ride mate
>>
File: basedbiden.gif (876 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
basedbiden.gif
876 KB, 500x281
>>36884492
>These kids half repping at 8:32-8:50
>>
>>36888947
Thanks for telling us you didnt read the article crosshitter
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.