[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be HS teacherfag >some of my students are scrawny awkward
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10
File: bullies.jpg (10 KB, 227x222) Image search: [Google]
bullies.jpg
10 KB, 227x222
>be HS teacherfag
>some of my students are scrawny awkward painfully shy kids
>bullied mercilessly
>doing what I can but decide to try and get them to lift
>they just want to play video games

What do? It's painful for me to see them get treated like this. I've offered to go the school weight room with them but it's just not happening.

I guess I jsut want to feel like I"ve done what I could for them.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHP0Nd72s10

See related video.
>>
>>36876429
th-thanks
>>
>>36876409
HS students? They're going through puberty, use that to your advantage. Hint that a better looking body will make them more attractive.
>>
>>36876480
When I was a skinny faggot in HS I didn't even give a shit about girls, all these kids want to do is play video games.
>>
Get one of the slutty teachers to fuck them

Inb4 national headlines
>>
>>36876508
Maybe show them a neckbeard in the wild and point out that is what they will be if they continue being that way.
>>
>>36876508
oh man they definitely care about girls. Girls and elder scrolls are pretty much their world.

>>36876480
I think they know this, but you need to understand how shy these dudes are. One of them turns bright red if you say hi to him in front of other people. Anohter young man, when part of a group giving a speech to the class, turned his back to the room and pressed his nose against the whiteboard.

I wont' feel too badly if I ultimately can't help them improve their positions, but I thought I'd ask you guys for help (holy shit I know right?) as part of the process of accepting and letting go.
>>
>>36876508
Tell them if they get a banging body people will be more likely to watch them stream? If you can combine your nerds have them work on making a twitch network. Good experiance and possible income for them they'll leans business and get social gains.

Maybe try and get them motivate to cosplay? Try and get them to HEMA
>>
>>36876409
Let them get their no pussy-gettin' asses beat until they finally man up and hit the gym. Rock bottom has the greatest room for improvement.
>>
File: choose_your_adventure (3).jpg (438 KB, 850x882) Image search: [Google]
choose_your_adventure (3).jpg
438 KB, 850x882
>>36876409
You know what you must do
>slip estrogen into their lunches
>subjugate them in the gym locker room
>make them into your harem of twink fuckboys
>>
>>36876658
I stopped masturbating to this gay shit a long time ago.

I politely request you don't post anymore.
>>
>>36876409
You seem like a good fellow. I once had an older highschool teacher that kept an ez curl bar in his clasd room. He was actually an older guy. Definately older than 60. Super cool dude. He was a mentor of sorts, for some students.
>>
>>36876672
You can always tell it's the same dude because it's the same pictures with the same filenames every time. I have no problem with it, though.
>>
>>36876409
>WORKING OUT WILL PREVENT YOU GETTING BULLIED!
Its this thought process that has caused you to end up as a HS teacher.
>>
>>36876723
See:
>>36876429
>>
Hard to say. I had a gym teacher in 8th grade who tried to get me to participate in class, but ended up giving up.
I was too socially retarded and unathletic and always got picked last, and I had no idea how to play sports either, so I'd either just wander the field aimlessly or purposely forget my uniform so I wouldn't have to play.

If I were you, I'd capitalize on their lack of social skills. They need friends, so figure out how to get the guys who are good at sports to hang out with the nerds, and let peer pressure do the rest.

I'd recommend just one jock per nerd, otherwise they'll probably just end up getting bullied. Testosterone poisoning and all that.
>>
>>36876723
there's nothing wrong with being a hs teacher

depending on where you live, it's a pretty sweet gig. Teachers at my school were near 100K a year earnings
>>
Let the kids make their own decisions.

Some of the weird bullied kids ended up becoming cool as fuck and following their dreams. Rock bands, djs, artists, and animators are just a few i know.

All the cool kids are basically burnouts or business majors slaving away now.
>>
File: choose_your_adventure (5).png (759 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
choose_your_adventure (5).png
759 KB, 750x1000
>>36876672
>>
>>36876429
what the fuck
>champagne fits my macros
disgusting
>>
Give it to them straight.

Tell the nerds they're going to look back and regret wasting their time in highschool playing video games instead of socializing and getting fit.

Tell the bullies no girls respect what they're doing. Your friends only think it's funny because they're your friends. Even then, they know what you're doing is stupid.
>>
>>36876777

No theyre not. Its nostalgic as fuck and id go back in a heartbeat.
>>
>>36876723
cool inductive thinking anon. way to go.

>ell the bullies no girls respect what they're doing.

GIrls are sort of attracted to bullies.
>>
>>36876830
forgot to quote>>36876777
>>
>>36876830
I've never seen a girl like a bully when I was in school. Maybe the the bad boy who occasionally skipped class and didn't listen to the teacher. Not the guy who messed with the ESL students and tried hard to get laughs.
>>
>>36876777
>Tell the bullies no girls respect what they're doing.
But, that's not true. You can get a lot of pussy by acting like an overbearing prick.
>>
>>36876723
Teaching's fun as fuck m8. Do what makes you happy.
>>
let them be... you're a teacher not a father. Get a life bro.
>>
>>36876429
Is this supposed to be funny or did rich really think this was going to be a cool song?
>>
>>36876612
this, you should be bullying them OP. Make them eat some lifting chalk next time they say they want to play video games or watch their faggot chinese cartoons
>>
>>36876409
>scrolled thread
>no Henry Rollins

What in the living fuck, /fit/
>>
Does bullying actually exist or is it just pussies who dont know how to act properly and handle shit talk? I cant remember one instance of bullying in my entire high school career.
>>
File: image_11.jpg (34 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image_11.jpg
34 KB, 500x500
>>36876409
Convince them lifting is the irl version of grinding in a video game. But instead of achievements they gain girls and respect
>>
>>36876409
>everyone in here still thinks working out will cure social awkwardness

You know what cures social awkwardness? Accepting the fact that embarrassment won't kill you. These kids won't be able to do that until they actually really want to, not because someone told them to
>>
>>36877113
at my highschool, for some reason, being asian made you automatically popular. There were only 3 asians in the whole school including me.
I have seen bullying happen in the form of constant teasing. Kids just like to push buttons and them make fun of kids who react. Eventually it leads to kids daring others to do something mean to a kid that they know won't fight back.
I did my best to get kids to apologize for some fucked up shit. Best thing a kid can do is take martial arts. That shit really boosts confidence
>>
File: img_80.png (194 KB, 311x393) Image search: [Google]
img_80.png
194 KB, 311x393
>>36876672
You'll go back to liking it soon enough
>>
>>36876755
>tfw teacher at a majority negro school
>>
>>36877039
This is true.
>>
>>36877662
>tfw teacher at a majority Hispanic school
>it's fucking awesome
Seriously, Hispanic, White, Middle Eastern and Asian kids are awesome to teach 95% of the time. Their parents teach them well and to respect the teacher. Black kids are alright like 50% of the time. It's hit or miss with them.
>>
>>36876672
How'd you stop?
>>
File: 1303694322426.png (683 KB, 1000x1298) Image search: [Google]
1303694322426.png
683 KB, 1000x1298
>>36877091
>>36876409

That's what I thought. So here. Ancient pasta from 2011 /fit/
>>
>>36877949
kek
>>
>>36876658
source???
>>
>>36876429
>pianoman will never stand up for you while you're getting bullied
JUST
>>
>>36876480
Pro-tip: Don't tell your HS kids they are attractive.
>>
>>36876409
Kids are a fucking mess at that age, the 'gaming' lifestyle gives even more way for the estrogen to do it's thing undisturbed and make the inner bitch come out, turning betas into omegas
>>
>>36878933
kek
>>
>>36876409
one thing you should not overlook is the other side - the bullies
if it is more than occasional teasing, then chances are that the shy students are in the shield mode and simply wont be responding to anything connected with hs, including you
i was like that a bit, if you go to school knowing that it will be shit, then you kinda disengage from reality and just pass the time being numb to everything that is happening there, this is a mind defence mechanism to prevent going in to the ultimate gentleman mode
just make sure the bullies ease off and when shy kids relax a bit, then approach them again
if you will reach to them while they are conscious, then you have more chance of success
>>
>>36876409
If they had it in them to resist, they wouldn't be bullied in the first place.
>>
>>36879199
go back to r9k with your muh genetics bullshit
i can be pretty sure that i didnt have it in me to bench 2pl8, but i fucking do now
>>
>>36876658
I like traps and adorable twinks bro but youre being a retarded pedophile. Please stop.
>>
>>36876429
don't think i like the idea of them using children in videos like these. seems pretty innapropriate
>>
>>36878933
personally whenever they confide that people are saying bad things about their looks I just tell them they "look fine". I know it's probably not sufficient, but I'm a younger guy. I think older women are the older group that could consistently avoid being slandered for saying anythign more than that.
>>
>>36876409
Help the fat ones instead, the scrawny fuckers don't care enough. The fat ones will at least care enough to try. Everyone that is or has been fat knows that it really fucking sucks.
>>
File: 1461294509796.jpg (44 KB, 656x523) Image search: [Google]
1461294509796.jpg
44 KB, 656x523
Future teacher here, starting my student teaching in physics in September at an upper middle class suburban school.

How much time do you guys have to lift, play vidya, and shitpost in addition to your teaching duties? I've been a math tutor for years and teaching high school is my ideal career but I'm worried that I won't have time to do anything other than lesson plan, grade, and deal with administrative bullshit when I'm not in the classroom. I still want to have a life of my own, brehs, how bad is the work load really?
>>
>>36877966
Still inspiring after all these years.
>>
>>36881597
I work 6 hour days, and get a shit ton of holidays. Fuck anyone who says teachers are overworked and under payed. Making 60k doing practically nothing, plus great benefits and retirement.
>>
>>36883259
6 hours? That don't sound right
>>
>>36883323
I have to be at the school for 7 hours and 15 minutes, but I get an hour for planning, when my students are doing art and music and shit.
And I get an half hour for lunch.
I usually only spend 15 minutes of my planning time to do actual work, the rest is spent browsing the webs.
>>
>>36883323
>>36883411
I even got today off because of earth day. This job is cash.
>>
>>36876528
>neckbeard
>in the wild
I think you mean in their natural habitat of their mom's basement
>>
File: priorities.jpg (85 KB, 600x960) Image search: [Google]
priorities.jpg
85 KB, 600x960
Dodgeball in their faces

oh wait, I forgot it's not the 90s anymore
>>
hook them up with some white power albums they will turn into skinheads.
>>
>>36876723
Ever seen a muscular guy get bullied?
>>
>>36884005
skullhead - victory or valhalla
skrewdriver - boots and braces
midgårds söner - ny tid

those boys will get manly fast as fuck
>>
>>36876409
I was one of those skeleton kids with social issues when I was a kid nothing could get through to me because my terrible attitude towards other people and life itself some times people have to figure things out themselves
>>
>>36876409
Former bullied nerd skelly who got fit after graduating HS reporting in.

There's really nothing you can do to get them to start lifting. Their mindset is "Well I've been skinny my whole life, I'm used to it, I don't need to change. I don't wanna be a meathead anyways. I do what I like, which is videogames. Who cares about some stupid hobby only dumbass jocks do?". For srs, the only way they'll do it is if it clicks in their minds. You can't force that. If you try to force it they'll not want to do it even more so.

It sucks to watch them get fucked with but they'll just have to realize on their own how fucked they are if they don't change. I mean you can tell them shit like "if you weren't so skinny you wouldn't get bullied" but they'll just shrug it off as some adult nonsense.

HS kids mind's are an absolute mess. Reason and logic is non-existent
>>
>>36877124
yeah and next thing you'll find them in /fit/ posting in feels threads as to why they didn't get a gf after they pulled 5 plaets and go back to being a swole loser who shitposts and play vidya all day
>>
>>36877021
There's a difference between a bad boy and a bully.
>>
>>36877124
Lel I follow this logic.

I go to the gym to grind my str stats to level up into a physically bigger character.

Then I go home and grind exp in final fantasy
>>
File: 1410159508654.jpg (29 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
1410159508654.jpg
29 KB, 400x386
>>36876409
Yeah I've tried to help out my beta younger cousin many times, he won't even try. He just says he's not interested and plays his 3DS. He's 17 years old, going to college next year. For fuck's sake. You can't help those who won't help themselves.
>>
>>36884202
Exactly brah. It has to click in their mind.

I was a fucking 18 year old pre-college spooky skelly. My fit cousins always told me I should start working out but I just got mad and was angry they didn't "accept me for who I was". Made me wanna lift even less.

Then one day it clicked in my own mind that I should lift. And I did. Not because they told me to but because I wanted to.

They've gotta want to help themselves. You can't change that
>>
>>36881597
Been teaching for a few years now, learn to plan ahead when to do your administration, grading etc. and plan your workouts/personal life accordingly. It's very doable.
>>
>>36876508
This. I look back to high school when I literally didn't give a shit about females, of course if I got a GF or laid that would be awesome but I'd rather play video games, sports, go out with freinds.

18 now in college, almost on a daily basis I think about how I'm still KV, Tfw no gf and it depresses me going out and seeing all these attractive girls.

Life was better when I didn't give a shit.
>>
>>36883259
>>36884292
What are your evenings like? Do you have to bring your work home with you often? I just want to have Friday evenings and weekends to myself, I don't care about anything else.
>>
>>36883485
You can see them in toy stores occasionally.

I've never been so scared and amused at the same time.

Alternatively, suggest Rusty Brown comics for them to read.
>>
>>36884831
I rarely bring work home with me, but I teach 2nd grade. My school district doesn't allow more than 30 minutes of homework a night for elementary school, and I assign 20 minutes of reading each day. Takes me about 15 minutes during my planning period to grade anything else, and I just reuse plans from year to year, so no planning needed.
>>
>>36881597
Your first year will be absolutely awful. You will work all the time and you will be very bad at your job. It gets much easier.
>>
>>36884755
Look at what you just said. Life was better when you realized that not trying meant you could never fail.

These kids want to do more than just okay video games. It's just the only thing they are comfortable with and know how to do well.

Success breeds success.
>>
>>36884755
fuck you youre 18. lift for two years and you'll be swoll and still in college. you have no reason to be defeatist. grab life by the balls bitch
>>
File: wtf.png (132 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
132 KB, 500x381
>>36876409
What the fuck is with all these naysayers?

OP, I would have honestly killed for a mentor like you, and not too long ago. As a teen I honestly didn't know the first thing about working out or diet. Still kinda figuring it out.

If someone would have showed me and said "this is what all those jock/athletes are doing, if you did this too you would look like them in a few years", I would have jumped on that train in a heartbeat.

I actually had someone once say "You need to stand up for yourself. Hit them back". The same day I punched a bully in the stomach. He never bothered me again, even slightly. The guy who told me that was a janitor. I wish I could find him now and thank him.

OP, please don't let these fucks (or indeed your own students) get you down. I bet you are making a genuine difference to people's lives.

Please don't give up on us.
>>
>>36887714
Thank you anon. I appreciate it.

I definitely can't tell my students to hit anyone, even if they get hit first, though. Policy is very clear on this, even if it's a shitty policy.
>>
>>36876409
Wanna know how I know this story is bullshit?
>>
>>36887966
I do.
>>
>>36877966
Uh, that's older than 2011 anon
>>
>>36887966
do tell, anon
>>
>>36876409
OP it doesnt matter. I was and am one of those kids, the onyl difference is I am now semi stronger. I wont Estats but i know im stronger than 95% of the people who go to my gym. The people who are stronger than me or as strong all bully me.

It will never end, no matter how much I lift.
>>
>>36879297
Are you implying hentai plot lines aren't real?
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.