[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's more effective, a lat pulldown or a pull-up?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: sergio-oliva-huge-arms.jpg (71 KB, 742x1164) Image search: [Google]
sergio-oliva-huge-arms.jpg
71 KB, 742x1164
What's more effective, a lat pulldown or a pull-up?
>>
>>36866851
yes
>>
weighted pull up
>>
File: 043.png (960 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
043.png
960 KB, 1920x1080
>>36866877
Why?
>>
As long as you're doing the exercises correctly, then they're both as good. Try switching between them when you stagnate in one of them.
>>
>>36866851
id do pullups because they transition to a real life movement (pulling yourself up some ledge)

ive seen my gym bro who always ever did lat pulldowns struggle with climbing up a wall because he lacked the balance
>>
>>36867126
muscle confusion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
If you're skinny (60-79kg) - weighted pull-ups - When you bulk into the 80-90s you should do bodyweight.

If you're muscular or fat (80-99kg+) body-weight pull-ups - When you cut down back into the 70s you should start doing weighted.

None of you are going to be 100k+ and muscular unless you're really tall and on steroids.

Pulldowns are a waste of time.
>>
>>36867192
>Pulldowns are a waste of time.

In what way? They're just as good when it comes to building a great back. Sure, it's not as manly, but it's just as effective.
>>
>>36867210
They can be used at the end of a workout to get some extra volume, but they're going to add very little to overall development.

Pullups & Chinups are the superior lifts, and I don't mean that in a Nvidia Vs Amd way.
>>
File: Pdown.jpg (65 KB, 688x495) Image search: [Google]
Pdown.jpg
65 KB, 688x495
>>36867220
>They can be used at the end of a workout to get some extra volume, but they're going to add very little to overall development.
Citation needed.
>>
File: cbt.png (350 KB, 854x469) Image search: [Google]
cbt.png
350 KB, 854x469
>>36867232
my back is 50 inches and i never do pullups.
pulldowns are just as effective (if not more effective) to build a huge back.
pic related,its me
>>
>>36867263
Blaha, is that you?
>>
>>36867263
mirin 2bh

Do you strongman or PL and what are your current records?
>>
>>36867210
Because nobody fucking does them right and anyone asking this dumbass question instead of just using Google can't be trusted to learn proper form.
>>
>>36867767
Bruh that's blaha you're getting memed
>>
weighted chins
>>
>>36867781
I do them right. I didn't do them correctly right when I started out, but over time I got it right.

Most people do most of their exercises wrong, including lat pulldown. You can also easily do pull-ups wrong if you use momentum and poor range of motion, as a lot of people do.
>>
>>36866877
>>36867162
>>36867192
>>36867220

100% agree

I first started doing pull downs and I wasn't getting anywhere, started doing pullups....then weighted pullups...more back gains...more weight added on pullups

Shit Is Cash
Is
Cash
>>
>>36867786
I thought he was supposed to look like shit? That's a great physique 2bh
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.