[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This guy can knock you out anywhere, anytime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 13
Compared to an MMA fighter a bodybuilder is unlikely to have real-world power output/strength and speed.
>>
ergo, he slaps your girl's butt in public and you can't do anything
>>
File: 1451941457071.jpg (41 KB, 460x500) Image search: [Google]
1451941457071.jpg
41 KB, 460x500
>>
>>36866700
>nak muay
>MMA fighter
Well memed friendo
>>
>>36866700
Probably but I don't go out looking for fights from people I know I can't beat
>>
>>36866700
If I attack first he gets a harsher sentence than I do.
>>
FACE
>>
>a well trained fighter would win a fight against someone who builds muscle purely for looks and vanity
Wow holy shit are you serious?
>>
I don't think I've ever met a bodybuilder/powerlifter/weightlifter that's claimed to be good at fighting.

You're just another autistic DYEL faggot who feels insecure about his body so needs to pull at straws creating straw-man arguments trying to justify your shitty body.

Guess what, your DYEL unaesthetic skinnyfat gyno faggot body would also get knocked the fuck out by professional fighter.
>>
>>36866809
I honestly don't like the "muscle for the sake of muscle" look. It's like seeing a kid driving a monster truck when he can't even drive it and the monster truck is inconvenient. You're better off being well trained and having proportionate and lean muscles like the pic in OP.
>>
>>36866823
>implying this model doesn't lift for looks
come on now
>>
>>36866791
Muay thai is even more deadly than MMA
>>
>>36866868
Meme thai is not deadlier than MMA. It depends on who's fighting. MMA or meme thai might more spectacular than boxing, but a prime Mike Tyson would be deadlier than both this guy and whoever's the current MMA champion.
>>
File: wallst.jpg (59 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
wallst.jpg
59 KB, 800x400
>>36866700
Compared to an investor a bodybuilder is unlikely to have real-world financial gains and portfolio diversity.
>>
>>36866700
Compared to an NBA player an MMA fighter is unlikely to have real-world vertical leap/precision shooting
>>
File: Neil-deGrasse-Tyson-Pointing1.png (1 MB, 1153x690) Image search: [Google]
Neil-deGrasse-Tyson-Pointing1.png
1 MB, 1153x690
>>36866700
Compared to a physicist fighter a bodybuilder is unlikely to have real-world analytical skills and academic recognition.
>>
>>36866700
>a trained person can beat a non-trained person
Wow anon really? Fucking genius. I bet you also think you're not fit unless you're ripped.
>>
File: wut.jpg (25 KB, 575x323) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
25 KB, 575x323
>>36866913
Do you seriously think Werdum would not choke Tyson out like a bitch?
>>
>>36866970
If Tyson didn't knock Werdum's head off first
>>
>>36866970
Jew jitsu and grappling don't cut it when it comes to Prime Tyson. Most boxers had trouble just landing a punch on the guy's face. They really don't play in the same category.
>>
>>36867051
I'm not an expert, but I imagine that landing a punch on a trained boxer's face is way harder than tackling and taking him down
>>
>>36867077
>punch on a trained boxer's face is way harder than tackling and taking him down
How do you tackle him while keeping your guard up? Because the moment you try to wrap your arms around him, you're taking a punch to face, full force.
>>
>>36867051
there's this nice technique in muay thai and other martial arts you could use in the real world where your fists dont shatter with the first non-gloved punch

its where they use their legs to hit the enemy
you should try it sometime
>>
>>36866913
>>36867051
please watch ufc 1

holy fuck the wholle purpose of MMA was to show that there is not the one superior style, an d still faggots like you exist
>>
>>36867102
That's implying your guard will do anything
>>
>>36867107
> It depends on who's fighting
Please protect your head more, it's affecting your reading comprehension. I'm not talking about boxing being the superior style, I'm talking about prime Mike Tyson being the superior fighter. The guy hit hard and fast and knew how to dodge, he made guys much taller and heavier than him fall (he's only 5'10).
>>
>>36867104

>kicking
>in a fight

shiggy diggy
>>
>>36867148
What the fuck is wrong with you? You're as dense as osmium if not more.

Who the fuck is talking about trading punches with Mike Tyson? Only you are, so stop talking to yourself. Listen to what other people say, autist.

Tyson dodges punches and has a tighht guard = his focus is away from his legs = takedown via going low for the legs. Have you done martial arts? You talk like you've tunnel vision.
>>
>>36866700
Probably yes
Good thing I carry a knife just in case some random pro tier mma fighter decides to come at me for no apparent reason

Cause you know shit like that happens all the time
>>
>>36867191
>"hey, bro, I'm going to attack you because I'm drunk so prepare yourself by perhaps acquiring a weapon of sorts"
>"ah yes, very good sportsmanship! It just so happens that I'm a cautious man and havve prepared a sharp metallic object for this sort of foolish challenge.
>>
>>36867184
>his focus is away from his legs
So wrong it hurts.
Have you ever thrown a punch? If you skip leg day, doesn't matter how buff you upper body is, your punches will be weak. The guy's got legs of steel that can move very fast. He can't afford to have is focus away from his legs, that's where the punch starts.
>>
>>36867245
There's a reason there are no pure strikers in MMA, not knowing how to deal with a grappler is a huge weakness and Tyson never learned how to grapple
>>
>>36867184
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51090bGcoR8
He's 15 years old there, and already beating fighters twice his age.
>>
>>36866823
Do you see that very often? Kids driving monster trucks?
>>
Grapplers will win a one on one fight everytime if they are evenly matched in height and weight. I do both Muay Thai, BJJ, and no gi. So i train full time for both 6 days a week morning and night, days i have to work from home. Muay Thai gets you fit, grappling gets you next level fit and its fun fighting guys who only know stand up. Have them tapping out or dislocating something to end the fight pretty quick. Even guys who are much larger than me. Im 80kgs and almost too low body fat. Ive taken on guys around 100-110 and submitted every one of them within the first minute or so drunk and sober. But thats just my experience and all experience is subjective. Lucky punch here or there and its a different ball game.
>>
>>36866700
he can't knock me out right now can he, you stupid faggot? He's nowhere fucking near me lol ;]
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>36866700
Tfw everyone thinks muay thai and boran are the exact same thing. Have fun getting headbutted
>>
File: Wew.jpg (78 KB, 722x532) Image search: [Google]
Wew.jpg
78 KB, 722x532
You'll never receive and give punches like Satomi does, so why even bother living?
>>
>>36866700
Lift weights, and do kickboxing

problem solved.
>>
>>36867258
and all boxers only got manhandled when they entered UFC.

No style is the best. you need parts from several styles.
>>
>>36866868
>forms of self defense
>"deadly"

a gun or a knife is "deadly", or maybe even a broken glass bottle

martial arts as they're trained these days are not deadly, their purpose is not to kill people, they're not even meant to maim. fucking armchair warriors thinking they're meant for anything other than to help you escape from a sticky situation.
>>
>>36867217
nice meme

>implying it takes more than a second to pull out a knife and stick it in someone
>implying fights always start with a sucker punch that knocks the other person out cold
>>
>>36866913
'Meme Thai'
Implying I couldn't break your nose and jaw within a minute of sparring
>>
>>36869308
>>36869308
>>36867217
Statistically, people hospitalized or killed by a knife in a fight are stabbed by their own knife they pulled out in a fight
>>
I train muay thai. Let me tell you you can fuck people up in a lot of painful ways if you're good at it.
>>
>>36868981
Got jobbed out by comedy relief character
>>
File: brucelee.jpg (86 KB, 845x900) Image search: [Google]
brucelee.jpg
86 KB, 845x900
>mfw another X WOULD BEAT Y thread
>mfw we all know the true master
>>
Fuck all your shitty fighting skills krav maga is the king and would destroy any one whos at the same level
>>
>>36866700
How about I also teach myself some basic grapples and how to punch, and then combine that with the fact that I probably have like 60kg on this twink and proceed to btfo him?
>>
>>36870042
the only real krav maga is taught in the israeli army, everything else is fucktards teaching you bullshit ways of defending yourself, it's the same with shotokan karate and muay thai nowadays as well, it's hard to find a good place to train martial arts in this time and age

krav maga in itself nothing more but a compilation of the most effective techniques from all the other martial arts, not saying it's bad, but without these krav maga wouldn't exist
>>
>>36866919
>>36866948

These
>>
>>36866833
that's Tony Jaa you fucking dyel, this guy is a Muay Thai legend
>>
>>36866700
Yeah but yasou counters him super hard.
>>
>>36869182
>all boxers got man-handled
WEW LAD
>>
>>36869420
I remain untouched at foosfight, faggit. Foosfight is a game of foosball where you can only take your hands of the canes to slap or punch your opponent. Never even took my glasses off, didn't need to. I'm a master dodger, can't be phased, can't be touched.
>>
>>36866868
is this b8t? MMA includes muay thai, you can be MMA fighter with muay thai style only... ofc you would suck in fight on the ground
>>
>>36870492
He probably means that regard with one glove from ufc1.

And James Toney got obliterated.
>>
>>36867102
Didnt we settle this in ufc 1 homie?
>>
>>36866700
That's like saying a hockey player would skate circles around a soccer player you retard
>>
>Implying some pleb can even touch Tony Jaa in a fight

Top kek
>>
>>36869422
>citation needed
>>
>>36867148
Prime fedor vs iron Mike. With Mike training takedown defense with the worlds best.

You have no idea how much i would pay to see such a fight in pride style.
>>
>>36866823
>this is how dyels rationalize their shitty physique
Lmao whatever keeps you from quitting.
>>
>>36870286
Krab magoo and shitokan are shit everywhere
>>
>>36870033
It's sure not a manlet actor.
>>
Most people I know who are passionate about martial arts are not aggresive people. A lot of them have some anger problems, but they would not instigate fights.
To entertain your thoughts, a fuckstrong heavy guy who doesn't really know how to fight against a lighter martial arts guy will probably most of the time end in a stalemate, if the strong guy is at least smart enough to protect his head.
>>
>>36866868
..what.. you fucking retard

I train muay thai AND bjj AND wrestling FOR mma. The whole concept is that its a combination.

A gook with knees is dead once you get him on the ground. Thats the whole point of mma you fucking retard
>>
>>36866975
>>36867051
No. This is complete delirium :DD !?

HE TRAINS WITH BOXERS, HE CAN BOX, HE KNOWS HOW TO DODGE, AND HE WILL FUCKING KILL YOU ONCE YOU ARE ON THE FLOOR. Tyson would have no fucking chance
>>
>>36871087
no. it wasn't prime tyson
>>
So sad that the Protector 2 was fucking shit. Can only hope for Ong Bak 4 ors omething.
>>
>>36867166

>not using your most powerful limbs with some of the strongest muscles in your body to deal devastating blows to your foe

diggy shiggy
>>
>>36867102

> What is changing levels
> What is countering a punch with a takedown
> What is a clinch and throw
> What is opening up his guard with low kicks

Tyson is more than likely the best boxer to ever live and therefore one of the most dangerous men alive at one point.

However being at absolute master at one skill does not mean you will win against people who are great at 7. They have more weapons and more importantly, weapons Tyson isn't trained against.

He can fuck up any boxer, but he has no idea how to defend a takedown.
>>
>>36867245

Legs of steel don't help when you don't actually know how to defend a takedown.

He can squat 500lbs, cool, still has no idea how to set his hips to stop Cain from throwing his ass over.
>>
>>36869298

> Not even meant to maim

..... So armbars, they don't exist?
>>
Too bad he can't do anything to stop a pipebomb.
>>
>>36867051

> Don't play in the same category

Couldn't agree more, Tyson would get wrecked.
>>
>>36870492

Name one that didn't.
>>
>>36866700
>an MMA fighter
That acronym MMA is bullshit anon
Every single faggot that enters those arenas don't know shit about Martial arts
They all rever to basically street fighting when the fight starts, 0 martial arts in it whatsoever.
Also most fighters are garbage when they're out of training because they don't have a fight soon(though they do hit hard since they all have boxing training)
>>
File: vwGWK.jpg (34 KB, 521x515) Image search: [Google]
vwGWK.jpg
34 KB, 521x515
>>36866948
NDT in his prime tho
>>
>>36867166
I've accidentally broken someones leg because we both kicked at the same time. Getting kicked in a fight can do serious fucking damage you really shouldn't under estimate it anon. Punches are more ideal a majority of the time though since fights IRL only last like 30 seconds to a minute.
>>
>>36874139
Original and 2nd Ong Bak are the only none shit of the series
How did you expect the second Protector to be good? 99% of the time martial arts sequels are garbage which is why Bruce Lee never made more than one he just kept making new series instead
>>
>>36875391

> Spot the guy that doesn't know anything.
>>
>>36875401

>his bbc will make you see stars
>>
>>36875401
year 3 lotus?
>>
>>36866700
my gun can knock that guy along with tyson and you in a matter of seconds you fuck

no one cares, you think body buidling is some form of self defense then you're a fucking idiot
>>
File: superior.jpg (23 KB, 519x521) Image search: [Google]
superior.jpg
23 KB, 519x521
>>36873801
So fucking what? are those boxers former heavy weight champions/champions? No? then shut the fuck up

pic related, its you
>>
>anywhere, anytime

Can't knock me out if I'm in my grave, faggot.
>>
>>36866700
Oh really? Did you figure that out all on your own. Hmm one person is training their body to throw punches and kicks another is training to lift heavy weight. I wonder which one will win in a fight durrrr
>>
>>36870414
>not training in wind style for optimum weeb gains
Its like you don't even Q
>>
File: 1446083198800.jpg (15 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
1446083198800.jpg
15 KB, 600x375
>>36877565

Doesn't matter if they were, they'd still get absolutely destroyed.

> This current year
> Still believing that people who only know how to box can beat people who can box, wrestle, grapple, kickbox, submit and otherwise rock your shit in 7 different ways
>>
>>36869422
>well officer he came at me with a knife luckily I got it away from him that's why me prints are all over it and then he fell on his knife 16 times, he would confirm this story if he only he hadn't shuffled off this mortal coil.
>>
>>36867245
listen, dumbass, if you don't know what a person who practices martial arts is talking about, don't make assumptions, okay? If you don't know anything about fighting, don't fucking post like you do!
>>
>>36867258
Who hasn't seen that video? Kinda stupid of you to think I haven't seen it.

Wanna know something though? There's a 15 year old in my gym, and he's much better than me at MMA. I'm 85% sure that he could beat 15 year old Mike Tyson, because he too fights adults and wins, but he does a superior sport.
>>
>>36870033
Bruce Lee would be beaten up by most MMA fighters today.

The only thing he had going for him was speed and discipline.
>>
>>36866913
You're a fuckin moron lol
>>
>>36875391
Damn, dude, how did you know that my training only consists of going out on the streets and beating people up?
>>
>>36877550
That's like saying my bomb can blow up your house when you're in it.
>>
And some weak, nerdy 14 year old with a glock could beat them both. What's your point, OP? Working out isn't about kicking ass for the average person. It's about looking good and getting puss.
>>
>>36867107
>please watch ufc 1
Maybe YOU should watch UFC1. The whole thing was a publicity stunt that became bigger and bigger because of idiots like you. Only a few fighters even had legit styles and only 2 (Gracie and Gordeau, both of which had very wonky credentials, though) were competent.

The rules were a joke - while technically, all moves were allowed, you had to pay money if you used dangerous moves like eye gouges, etc. So practically, those moves were illegal just like in any other sports fight. All rules were made so that mainly grapplers benefitted from them - just like today, incidentally.

There's so much I could tell you but it would be pearls before the swine.
>>
>>36879041
As a striker (guy who focuses on punching and kicking for those MMA illiterate) I feel for you to a certain extent.

They judge takedowns more heavily than strikes. Its almost like the judges were all high school wrestlers. And then the UFC has banned soccer kicks and knees to a downed opponent that can punish wrestlers for having their takedown stuffed.

But, thats as far as we have in common. The reality is, that a grappler can eye gouge you, bite you, and tear off your nutsack, far more easily than you can to him because those things happen at grappling range and require grappling.

Also in real life a grappler takes you down and if you can't get back up you're not going to be getting up. In MMA they have to reset and start on the feet, and grapplers have to deal with stand ups by the referee.

Not to mention getting taken down on concrete can kill someone.

Also grapplers from Judo/BJJ/Sambo train with jackets and belts. And though in the street a shirt or hoodie or regular belt won't be as sturdy as the ones they train with, they're still sturdy enough for a couple of pulls and that's all they need.

The reality of the situation is that I understand MMA is not realistic fighting. Its not the street, it has rules, I understand. But out of all the things one can practice to make them a decent fighter, nothing really beats general MMA mixed in with some other military/self defense arts to teach situational awareness and the realities of facing weapons.
>>
>>36866812
I've done martial arts for at least quarter of my life, 2 years of muay thai here, bit of savate, couple years of ninjutsu, some boxing, and two years of mma proper.

Most mid tier fighters likely have me beat.

That said, now that I've been lifting almost three years I feel like I could wreck the average person.
>>
Yeah, but most people could claim to be able to knock me out anywhere. I'm not particularly sturdy, so that doesn't make him that special.
>>
Muay thai fag here, what the fuck fellas. As a fighter about to turn pro, I can say this thread is on some fuck shit. Grappling and striking arts are both very effective but it's mostly who does it and how skilled they are, yeah you can be a decent tkd or muay thai guy with strong kicks, but against a seasoned grappler with a bit of striking knowledge himself, you just may be fucked if he gets a hold. If you're a grappler in bjj or judo, you have to get close and being a muay thai/boran guy myself with a bit of grappling knowledge, I'd be more than happy to introduce you to my elbows and head when you get in my range to grab me. You may take me down, but I'm gonna split you open before that. Fuck, just end me man. It doesn't matter, they're even, the thing that can turn the tides is knowledge and skill
>>
>>36880928
>a fighter about to turn pro
Things that never happened
>>
>>36880938
T-thanks anon
>>
Things I do four times a week:

>Go to the gym

Things I do maybe once every four years:

>Get in a fight

Having people looking at you and judging you on your appearance happens hundreds of times a day. Looking good is far more practical than being able to fight well.
>>
File: 1461096252646.jpg (59 KB, 655x527) Image search: [Google]
1461096252646.jpg
59 KB, 655x527
>>36866700
>lifting to "fight" people
it's 2016
>>
>>36878805
Just like seagal would, right?
>>
>>36877744
Nice argument with nothing to back up.
Go back to asp you weak minded fool

You fit the image of a fedora neckbeard
>>
>>36878830
Thats my point, so who cares. Everyone carries a gun anyway unless you live in a literal shithole. Karute or overall martial arts became obsolete since the chinese inventes gunpowder, its only relevant in sports
>>
>>36881394
> self-defense by any means being necessary
> not living in a shithole
>>
>>36881582
US is not a shithole ahmed

>implying you can even buy a gun so you resort to flailing your arms as self defense
Kek
>>
>>36870393
Muay Thai movie legend.
>>
>>36881640
> having people randomly attack you
> not a shithole
Meanwhile I can walk through the seediest areas here and not give a fuck because the criminals are civilised enough to stick to their own world or just scam people.

But hey, have fun living in fear of being culturally enriched by basketball americans
>>
>>36881640
>us is not a shithole
It's been a shithole ever since Bush was elected

>>36881664
nope, Muay Thai legend. He's one of the people who made the style popular outside of thailand.
>>
>>36881705
Nice projection of our country

Have fun living in a literal shithole while I have fun with things that matters
>>
>>36881025
this right here.
if you're not a drunk nucklehead, you'll almost never get in fights and if you do it's usually against some drunk faggot who can barely hold his balance on his own.
>>
I think the conclusion of this thread is:

grappling and punch/kick based martial arts are both effective.
one is trained while sparring aka punching and kicken your opponent and the other by getting some guys crotch shoved in your face while you try to do the same to him a little harder.
so if you're a faggot, do some grappling shit and if not just go for boxing/kickboxing or muay thai.
in other words, do grappling.
>>
muhammad ali is still the greatest of all time and if he got pitted in ufc he would still be the greatest
Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.