[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you become a gym manager? Do you need insane gainz? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: gymgram.png (230 KB, 444x299) Image search: [Google]
gymgram.png
230 KB, 444x299
How do you become a gym manager? Do you need insane gainz? I'm not 8% bf, but I'm in good enough shape to get respect at the gym. Have decent pecks.. what do they look for in a gym manager? How much do they get paid? Pros and cons?

>pic not particularly related
>>
>>36865566

They look for actual managerial skills.
>>
>>36865566
Lol. Being a manager has nothing to do with your body. Basically managerial experience + knowledge of gyms = hired
>>
>>36865580
>>36865577
what are some managerial skills? Do they take kindly to athletes who played team sports at a high level? How much do they make.. is it a good job?
>>
>>36865566
>Sell lots and lots of gym memberships
>Sell lots and lots of personal trainer session packages
>Have business management skills
>Step on everyone else that works there to get to the top and make them love you for it anyway
>Enjoy being the biggest frog in a little pond

Don't you have any higher ambitions than this? It's basically another form of working in retail. You may as well want to be the manager of a shoe store.
>>
>>36865606
>How much do they make
They don't make shit. It's basically like managing a retail store.
>>
>>36865615

Shoe store management is probably less stressful. Trying to make money out of the average gym is way more trouble than most small businesses.
>>
Better yet, open your own gym.
>>
>>36865615
>>36865630
okay, cool.. thanks for the input.. i dont really wanna be a manager anymore, pretty much want to be a pro athlete. thanks familia
>>
OP confirmed for actual lughead who thinks a gym manager just walks around flexing with a smile on his face and shaking hands like some kind of medieval king
>>
>>36865634
how much would this cost? and would the profit return be worth the initial investment?
>>
>>36865635
You have now gone from a dismal, easily achievable goal to something that is unachievable for more than 99% of the population.
>>
>>36865566
You are either
1- Underage
2- Functionally retarded
>>
>>36865653
I picture OP on an average saturday night staring at a wall chewing on small rocks for hours on end
>>
>>36865642

I don't fucking know dude. Do your own damn market research. What's the point of this thread anyways?

Why don't you just go get a real job?
>>
>>36865653
what if i said i'm already a pro athlete just at a low level? lol. just wondering if i should become a gym manager
>>
a gym is a place to generate money, just like a shop.

picture the manager as any other manager and the PTs as salesmen and suddenly the fitness industry becomes a lot clearer.

the owner has worked out, probably with the help of others, how best to sell memberships, run classes, place equipment etc in order to make as much money as possible from as many people as possible. the manager is tasked with keeping his business model running smoothly and the PTs are tasked with keeping people interested ie bringing money.
>>
>>36865687
If you are being paid less than a gym manager makes, you are an amateur athlete.
>>
>>36865687
I'm not sure if I find you annoying or endearing
>>
>>36865715
this

i'm leaning towards endearing
>>
File: 1456041344845.jpg (33 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1456041344845.jpg
33 KB, 640x360
>>36865661

Why not both?
>>
>>36865707
well I play in a league where it's $500 entrance fee, and you have to place good in scoring to make more than your pay-in.. usually, I'm making anywhere from $5000 to $15000 a month depending on how well i play that month.. if I'm sucking, i'm making around $1000-$5000/month, but if I get on fire, it can go upwards to over $20k/month.. just trying to get on the big stage now.
>>36865715
My name Rosmare (rose-mair) cheers ;) I make trip so you know me from now
>>
>>36865743
What sport?
>>
>>36865762
Golf in European league right now
>>
>>36865743
What you are doing now already sounds way better and better paid than being a gym manager. What's your sport?
>>
>>36865773
>>36865779
thanks. sometimes its more to enter, sometimes you don't win anything. But you work hard, you get good, you make more money. But I was just wondering about being a gym manager.
>>
>>36865762
Taking dicks
>>
>>36865792
what sport do you do lad
>>
>>36865798
National Football League
>>
>>36865798
see >>36865773

okay, but what clothes should I wear? I know how to dress on the course, but what do I wear to be cool? I want to look clean and calm, but cool you know?
>>
>>36865566
Get shredded and known well in the gym and you'll gain their respect, then when the manager job comes up youll be first in line for the job.
>>
I mean, frankly OP, what you need to do isn't look at going pro or becoming a manager. What you need to do is read about finance. Read about economics. Particularly read about stuff that's relevant to individuals; how investing works, how saving works, how retirement works, the sorts of things to watch out for, how to budget your money, and so on.

I get the impression you're pissing away way more money than you should with such instable income; you also clearly don't understand how businesses work and how you can develop your career. If you understand finances better, you will understand better how to set yourself up for success, you will understand what jobs you are and are not interested in pursuing, and you will be able to decide for yourself if, say, opening a gym would be a good investment, a fun side-project, or a huge waste of money.

Also, ask various gyms, sports equipment stores, manufacturers and brands if they would sponsor you; also look for advertising (modeling is going to be easier than endorsements for now, but still) opportunities. Doesn't hurt to get a start on that.
>>
>>36865640
Apparently even that ambition is to low so now he wants to be a Pro Athlete. Top kek
>>
>>36865806

Just find a golfer whose style you like and copy it. Loot 101.

Golf clothes seem like such fun to wear. All brightly-coloured polos and ridiculous trousers
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.