[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 6'1 and I just realized I'm 250lbs I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: 1442732008795.jpg (18 KB, 284x339) Image search: [Google]
1442732008795.jpg
18 KB, 284x339
I'm 6'1 and I just realized I'm 250lbs
I have literally no motivation to hit the gym though
Help.
>>
>>36861588
ever hear of dragon ball z? there's your motivation.
>>
>>36861646
I literally don't care about being like goku or whatever.
Certainly not Vegeta.
>>
>>36861681
ok well then find a role model based on your goals. you have a specific goal, correct?
>>
>>36861697
I noticed that I have been slightly short of breath lately.
I guess my main goal is to get in shape again.
I don't want to commit to a Gym just yet though.
Is it even possible to get lose 50 or so pounds without lifting?
I'm gonna dedicate my summer to this.
>>
>>36861588

You need to fix your diet first and foremost. The gym can come later.

I know your feel, I'm also 6'1 and was at 240 six months ago.
>>
>>36861719
first, read the sticky if you haven,t already. second , re-read the sticky and follow the links.
>>
>>36861748
I did
I'm clinically depressed and it takes me around 3 huge mugs of concentrated coffee to get my ass out of bed and go to school
Food is literally the only pleasurable thing in my life, how the fuck am I supposed to follow a diet AND a workout routine?
I know I sound like a lazy faggot and I hate myself for it
>>
Well for one you're 250lbs and 6'1, that should be enough motivation.
For now you dont really have to hit the gym.
Just start running, and stop fucking eating so much
>>
>>36861774
I was thinking of walking 3 or 4 miles a day while reading a book or listening to music. Would that work?
I could run/jog it, but I can tell you now I would give up after the first day
>>
>>36861588
The fuck you mean "you just realized"? That shit didn't happen over night you silly cunt. It'seems obvious you aren't serious about loosing the weight or getting in shape. A gym membership can be as cheap as $10.00 a month, but you don't want to commit? That's probably 1/10 what you spend on candy every month you fat moose knuckle. Go back to /pol/ or /v/ or wherever the fuck you came from, there's nothing for an unmotivated turd on /fit/.
>>
>>36861719
I've lost thirty pounds in 10 weeks with mostly diet. You can do it
>>
>>36861801
>I would give up after the first day
with that attitude, yeah you fucking will.
I want you to go outside and jog right now. I dont care if its cold or hot or whatever gay excuse you pull out of your ass, you better fucking try. And if you suck ass, so what? Nobody's really judging you. And then I want you to try again tomorrow, and the next day, and so on. Keep in mind that the "stop fucking eating so much" applies through all of this. Cheat days are a meme
Just remember that the first time you work out will be the hardest
>>
File: 1460842924867.jpg (105 KB, 742x688) Image search: [Google]
1460842924867.jpg
105 KB, 742x688
>>36861588
I'd recommend you an hero
>>
>>36861772
if you love food change your diet so it's more healthy. couple that with regular cardio and lifting and you should be fine, but remember that exercise is a life agreement
>>
>>36861588
eh if you've got no motivation for the gym just fuck off you're never gonna make it
>>
>>36861772
>tfw used to be depressed
I know how hard it can be to even wake up. Some days I would just stay in bed forever and skip meals.
Anon, I got out of depression and you can too. Its all about taking the little steps.
I'll give you this quote by C.S. Lewis "Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back everything is different."
I look back and I'm amazed that I was ever as unmotivated as I used to be.
Please, PLEASE take the first step. Try your hardest to go to the gym. Doesn't have to be everyday. Just try going. I urge you to stick with it even when you don't feel like it. Force yourself to go no matter how much you hate it. I can't guarantee that it'll cure you but it will help more than doing nothing.
>>
>>36861588
Fuck off out of here. If you have no motivation, knowing you're a fat piece of shit, how can you expect us to care?
>>
>>36861588
god mode tier height but outrageously beta personality and discipline
kill yourself
>>
>>36863243
When I was less depressed last year I would go to the gym after school. Problem is I have a 90 minute commute and I always take 5 clases, usually 3 of them hard sciences (its hell doing this shit when i'm so apathetic) and working out would knock me out flat all night and I need to study and shit.
Before you ask, I basically have to stay up all night, drink maybe a pint or two of coffee and mentally torture myself to get anything done. Orgo labs have been the worst so far, literally agony doing those lab reports. If I wasn't such a type C I would probably cry the whole time doing them.

I manage to juggle classes and extra curriculars (research and tutoring for intro science) but that takes all of the very little motivation I have.
I'm sorry I sound like a faggot.

>>36863318
I'm a 5/10 on the best of days and not white. If I'm going to lose weight it's to be healthy, because I could have the most ripped body in the world and still be hideous.
And even if I did get ripped, girls would only be attracted to my body.
I'd rather be alone than a human dildo.
>>
>>36863416
buddy, you gotta realize that appearances attract people to you, then you learn to like them for their personality. that's just how it goes. and besides, being 5/10 + good body = 7-8/10.
>>
We're all gonna make it brah

Join us OP
>>
>>36863440
I'm sorry but no. A 5/10 is a 5/10.
I see ugly roided dudes all the time. They pump their frustations into their bodies just like I do with food.
And if they ever do get a girl its some ugly tanned white bimbo.
I accept my face, whatever. I would do this to get healthy
>>
>>36863476
you've given up before you even started

never gonna make it
>>
>>36863524
So if I want to get fit it has to be to attract people?
>>
Read the sticky still need help.
>TDEE 2837
>Weight:235
>Size: 5'9 manlet

Whats the best way to go about my diet? Goal is 205.
>>
>>36861588
I'm the same, except I can remember being skelly 170lbs. We can do it anon.
>>
>>36861588
Think about how much better you life would be if you were huge instead of being a fatass, people just respect you more especially women.
>>
>>36863476
>ugly tanned white bimbo.
>white
bait or weeaboo yellow fever fat fuck?
>>
>>36861882
This is honestly how I started dieting, I made small changes to my diet and forced myself to start walking on treadmill. I didn't judge myself and could only go a quarter of a mile at first. My point is that was 3 years ago I was 255 and 6'1 I'm down 100 pounds now.

It's a journey a long one. I'm steadily gaining muscle and continue to monitor my calories. Getting started for me was a matter of hating myself enough to change. I grew up with people telling me I was genetically fat, I used that as an excuse. I wish I had made these changes in life earlier. I didn't have any one to push me though, it has to come from within. I've had more people attempting to mock my efforts than support. You can do it OP. I guarantee you can change your self if you want it bad enough.
>>
>>36863622
Forgot to type in trash
>>36863588
I would be just as lonely and misrable, probably even more so because of the lack of energy and soreness.
Was thinking of eating myself to death but I'm "only 250lbs and knowing my luck I would survive
>>
>>36863545
you're not gonna make it because you dont have hope for yourself

once you've learned to like who you are, youll make it

and guess what? youll attract chicks too
>>
>>36863545

No, man, it's so you can attract yourself.

Honestly, stick with it for at least two months. I practically guarantee you'll feel better.
>>
>>36861588
You just realized your 250lbs? I can't help you.
>>
>>36863664
So is walking a few miles a day a good start?
For the past week or so I've been only eating breakfast and dinner, and only drinking water.
I'm not expecting a magic solution, I just literally can't do much more than that. I've held my life together so far, but only by a thread and I'm afraid of snapping it
>>
>>36863759

Anything is better than nothing, but you should ideally strive to add more to whatever you're doing each time you do it.

Also pay attention to what you eat in addition to how often.
>>
>>36863777
Breakfast is a ton of coffee and a sandwich of some kind, and dinner is whatever my mom makes. Yes I still live with my parents kill me
>>
>>36863759
That's fine, any activity is better than what you are doing now. Your whole just eating breakfast and dinner thing will mean nothing if those meals exceed your TDEE. The best thing you can do is to make sure you are counting every thing you put in your body. It's the only way to accurately account for your progress.
>>
>>36863791
I live with my parents too, but you need to make these changes, reducing your intake can't just be blamed on your parents. If they aren't horrible people they will support you in your goals.
>>
File: v703_5.jpg (80 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
v703_5.jpg
80 KB, 650x650
here ya go you worthless fuck
>>
File: 1433036850557.jpg (154 KB, 801x1200) Image search: [Google]
1433036850557.jpg
154 KB, 801x1200
>>36863416
At first I thought you sounded like me, then I read Orgo labs, so you are me.
Then I read you do research and tutor, which means we are in the exact same boat basically.
Dual majoring now, 5 classes every semester and from now on 5 hard sciences ever sem.
Right now shitposting because I don't want to do these last two Orgo lab reports, they've been hell lately and they are all multi-step, so they are weeks worth of work for each lab.

Also stop being so hard on your self. This work load sucks and if you get to talking to most people in your position you would realize most of us are at least mildly depressed after not sleeping for so long and putting up with this workload.
Chin up faggot, if you start to take care of yourself it will make people treat you nicer and more importantly, and I really mean this, you will feel better.
It's not about getting laid anon, it's about being comfortable in your skin and knowing that you tried.
Nigga you are taking 5 classes, probably 20 hours if your American, and you happen to be taking hard science.
That's badass son, I hear sociology majors (no hate btw) that complain about having to write a 4 page paper in a week.
Bitches don't even know about writing 3 lab reports and having to write a 10 page analysis all in one week.

It will be difficult but just start working out, you obviously want to if you posted. Eat healthier, do cardio, and lift. You will feel less stressed and start being less apathetic.
Also in case you masturbate a lot try to cut down, no reason but I'm basically you and I notice that I procasturbate and it makes me feel shittier.
>>
>>36863981
Did you also fall for the pre-med meme?
My parents more or less forced me into it, but I'm gonna try to uncuck my life by going to pharm school instead.
Thanks for the advice though man

What level orgo? Im in orgo 2 right now and it's probably the most intellectually insulting class I've ever taken.
Doing well literally hinges on your ability to sit your ass down and memorize hexagons and arrows, NMR is a crock of shit and any kind of theory behind this shit is boiled down to resonance + group inducting effects.
>>
>>36861588
weight loss is 95% diet. Just eat less
>>
>>36864170
I'm dual majoring in chemistry and geology, I don't hate myself so I wouldn't do pre-med, I don't have the patience to memorize lists which biology is known for.
I'm in ochem 2 as well, sounds like you have a shit professor desu, I would be insulted too if I just had to memorize shit.
Luckily my professor is much more interested in the concepts behind it so memorizing shit does nothing, he'll give you a reaction you haven't seen and you have to be able to form a logical mechanism, not memorize arrows or anything.
NMR is shit though (useful I have to admit) and yeah, resonance is basically magic but if you have a good prof that is educated in molecular orbital theory it becomes understandable.

Good luck m8, and yeah I know a lot of people who are going into pharm school, especially since you get in there only after 2 years in uni sometimes. I would hate it but it would be better than pre-med.
I'm not as into fitness as other people on this board, but I really do think you should clean up your diet and exercise, I promise within a couple months you will feel a little better, maybe not much but who knows.
Also get new threads, even though you're still pretty big you can still look nice with clothing, seriously man.
>>
>>36861588

you wont reach your goals unless you try.

you wont get there overnight, but know that you are getting a little better every day if you try. and over time, you'll be amazed at how much progress you have made.
>>
>>36861588
Here's your fucking motivation you faggot.

You wanna be a legless, diabetes ridden burden in your 30s?

Or do you want to man the fuck up, learn to love and cook GOOD food and break a fucking sweat in your miserable excuse of an existence?
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.