[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PotatoVsRice & Airfrying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
Do any of you guys use an Actifry or air fryer?

The idea behind it is that you can cook certain foods which may typically be deep-fried using a tiny amount of oil. It's kind of like steaming but with a little oil instead of water. I use one (almost exclusively for potatoes) and I'd recommend it. You just cut a potato up (leave the skin on) and throw it in there for 30mins.

Does anyone else eat a lot of potato? I've done some reading and everything suggests that potatoes with skin are more nutritious than brown rice... GI and calories are almost identical. I'll let you do your own googling to back it up but all the top results read something like this:
"Overall, potatoes contain more vitamins and nutrients than rice, but when you add toppings such as butter, sour cream, gravy, bacon bits and salt, the number of calories and fat grams in a baked potato increases significantly. " - and obviously with these types of fryers you don't add any of that shit. Just a bit of high mono-unsaturated oil.
>>
File: 20160420_202003 (Large).jpg (181 KB, 1275x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160420_202003 (Large).jpg
181 KB, 1275x1080
here's how they come out if anyone's interested. Used a teaspoon of olive oil.
>>
How much did it run you senpai?
>>
>>36858788

How do they taste?
>>
>>36858816
I also want to know so bump
>>
Curiosity bump
>>
>>36858816
>>36858878
They're excellent. They don't taste quite the same as frozen or 'chip shop' style but they are really nice. The little bit of skin gets quite... brittle. Like crunchy but not hard.

>>36858813
I got mine a few years ago when only Tefal made them. I also got the biggest one so it was £200. There are much cheaper brands these days and I'd assume they're the same.
>>
>>36858130

They are awesome OP. I usually cook potatoes (with skin) but also do pepper, zucchini and onions mix.
>>
Airfryers rock, you don't even need that little bit of oil if you don't want it
>>
File: IMG-20160414-WA0008.jpg (996 KB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160414-WA0008.jpg
996 KB, 3264x1836
Try pouring some salt and paprika powder before they start "frying" pic related 1 kilo of potatos without skin 50 min of frying
>>
>>36858130
so it's a electric oven
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.