[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This shit's been fucking with me all day, really pissing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_lydes5Cm4x1rnoq20o2_500.jpg (63 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lydes5Cm4x1rnoq20o2_500.jpg
63 KB, 450x338
This shit's been fucking with me all day, really pissing me off.

>Have friend who thinks he knows everything
>Relatively smart, suffers from the Dunning-Kruger effect though
>I start talking about lifting
>I'm 130 at 5'7"
>Manlet
>Squat at 5x5 is a little more than 150% of bodyweight
>1RM sitting at 240lbs
>stupid fuck is 6'2" doesn't lift at all
>just does cardio, yet still has a fucking belly
>says "Relative strength is stupid to me"
>"I'm bigger, I have to hold the weight longer."
>"A squat is only like 2 seconds for you, but is like 6 seconds for me."
>Try telling him it's a scale
>Even try using several analogies
>Dumbass insists he has to work harder

How do I convince this guy he's being retarded? Jesus fucking christ. Am I wrong here? Feels like after all of the hard work I've put in, after feeling weak for so long, I've sculpted my body into something I'm proud of, and this fuck tries to trivialize all of it.

Pic unrelated, it's Hannah UK
>>
he's right though, taller people have a larger ROM, means they have to move the weight a longer distance for a full correct rep
>>
>>36853393

He's a moron, but he's got a point about relative strength favouring smaller lifters - even at the same weight on the bar, he's going to have to do more work (in the physics sense) because has to move it further. And 1.5xBW would be a fair bit more weight for him.

Of course, if he actually had any absolute strength worth talking about he wouldn't be so defensive about it.
>>
>>36853393

It is easier for you to look muscular and your ROM is shorter than his but you shouldnt feel bad about it. He sounds retarded though.
>>
>>36853393
When will you learn?

>manlet trying to talk down to a 6'2" master race
>>
He's right in the sense that someone taller has an increased range of motion compared to someone smaller, also at 130 and 5'7 why are you telling anyone anything about lifting
>>
just compare your wilks
>>
File: 1460113499314.jpg (32 KB, 459x219) Image search: [Google]
1460113499314.jpg
32 KB, 459x219
>>36853393
>I've sculpted my body into something I'm proud of
>I'm 130 at 5'7"
>>
>>36853444
What are your percentages?
>>36853466
I'm aesthetic as fuark brah. Zyzz would be disappointed in your attitude. I'm proud not just because of where I am, but because of where I am going. I'm not saying I'm not small or skinny, but I'm much bigger than I used to be, and it's fucking something.
>>
>>36853451
What is a good wilks to have? Do you do the combined weight of the big 3? How does it work?
>>
>>36853482
show body w/ timestamp
>>
Surprised no one brings up torque. The weight kinda weighs more since the limb is longer. Same thing as when you would use a longer wrench to get a nut unstuck. Or fwd vs rwd on cars. This actually makes a lot bigger difference than the time or range of motion
>>
>>36853482
Sorry dude but you really shouldn't have a big head at 130 pounds unless you're literally a 5'2 ft girl.
Once you learn a bit more you'll realize talking about fitness with people irl who don't lift is A.) annoying as fuck for everyone involved B.) makes you come off as a complete asshole.
Just shut up and eat.
>>
>>36853820
Ehhh sort of. The muscle is longer so I don't think there's a massive difference in overall work.
>>
>>36853873

Contractile force of a muscle doesn't come from the length, it comes from the thickness. Something which contributes heavily to taller/lankier lifters needing a lot more mass to be any good.
>>
>getting pissed at arguments so much that you have to ask /fit/ for help

can't make it like that
>>
>>36853393
That girl is fine af
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.