[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does alcohol by itself make you fat? If I account for all of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (519 KB, 2000x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
519 KB, 2000x1334
Does alcohol by itself make you fat?

If I account for all of my calories including alcohol, meaning I'm still at a deficit for my cut, and I still eat clean will alcohol still affect my weight?
>>
The only way you would gain is if energy in is greater than energy out

So in this case you would not gain any weight if your BMR, how active you are and food calorie counting is accurate

If you do gain weight you fucked up somewhere i.e. Didn't list a snack food weren't as active as you believe binge drinker until you hate yourself and spiral down into a deep hole that you eat yourself out from
>>
>>36848023
alcolohol increases estrogen and slows down protein synthesis
>>
Alcohol is 7 calories a gram. 14g in a standard drink, so 100 calories per drink. Not too bad if you really can't go without. I have a couple beers a week.

I imagine cutting while doing this might be difficult though
>>
>>36848137
This

It won't do anything to your weight if you count the calories and be strict with it.

Fun facts: Alcohol inhibits the sensors in your brain that tell you you're full, so you're more prone to eat. Alcohol doesn't fill you up, either, calorific empty calories. It doesn't make you gain weight, it just makes it EASIER to give in and gain weight.
Best to just not drink it regularly, save it for special occasions etc etc. Those two glasses of wine you had could have been a small meal.
>>
File: 1461105095210.jpg (123 KB, 1894x1007) Image search: [Google]
1461105095210.jpg
123 KB, 1894x1007
>>36848111
Meme
>>
>>36849711
>>36848137
>>36848060
I wish IIFYM meme would fucking die already

Alcohol destroys your bodies ability to do anything productive with the nutrients you've already consumed as it has to deal with the poison you just consumed.

Estrogen is increased, hormones get fucked, carb and protein synthesis is wrecked and liver function goes to shit.

Not to mention the hangover affecting your recovery.
Not to mention the hangover affecting your lifts.
Not to mention the drunken munchies you'll inevitably consume.
Not to mention the cortisol response
Not to mention the insulin response

Alcohol isn't just carbs and water in a bottle and simplifying the human body down to calories in and calories out is fucking retarded pseudo science thats only good for fat asses that need to eat less.

For anyone serious about lifting, macros and micronutrients actually mean something. If you're just trying to lose weight, regardless of where that weight comes from, then enjoy IIFYM.
>>
>>36848137
came here to say this. nutritionists call it liquid fat.
fat is 9 cal/g, for comparison.
>>
>>36849815
>what is moderation
jesus christ nigga
>>
>>36849815
I did say it wouldn't do anything to your weight directly (and mentioned that it renders you more likely to eat more), as this seemed to be OPs primary concern.

I agree with you for pretty much every point you make, but assuming OP is a fattass or a skinny dyel grill the points you raised would mean nothing to them.
>>
>>36849894
I drink all the time kek I'm just not stupid enough to think it doesn't affect my body negatively, even when I did IIFYM and ate only protein before consuming my "carbs" for the day. Shit doesn't work
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.