[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I avoid doing deadlifts if I've got wide hips?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: 12.jpg (43 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
43 KB, 800x600
Should I avoid doing deadlifts if I've got wide hips?
>>
>>36846900
Yeah, Deadlifts are known to widen your hip-bones.
>>
No just lift for a while then see how everything is going
no worries you won't wake up one day like "OMFG if only i never did DL, i look horrific now"
>>
Definitely. Best to avoid them altogether since they're a) dangerous and b) don't actually build any muscle.
>>
I think you should avoid lifting altogether judging from those hips and become a pretty twink no homo
>>
you have pectus excavatum too OP?
>>
>>36846950
>12.jpg (43 KB, 800x600)

That's not him.
>>
Wide hips or not, it's a meme lift anyway
>>
God I'm so fucking terrified I'm gonna get done cutting down to an acceptable level and then realize I look like that
>>
>>36846900
yeah, but not because of your hips, but because you're too retarded to function
>>
You should avoid lifting in general and become someone's bottom bitch instead.
>>
File: 1444220688806.png (36 KB, 343x241) Image search: [Google]
1444220688806.png
36 KB, 343x241
>>36846900
those child birthing hips
>>
>>36846900
would impregnate/10
>>
>>36847161
i was going to say that ahahah.
exactly that.
>>
>>36846900
you plan on giving birth with those hips?
DAYUM
>>
>>36846900
Why would you?
>>
>>36846900
Just start taking your sister's birth control now.
You're never gonna make it.
>>
File: delts.jpg (232 KB, 1745x1313) Image search: [Google]
delts.jpg
232 KB, 1745x1313
how bad do I have it?

pic is pretty old i'm less fat now
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 550x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 550x960
>>36846900
Nahh opeeeeee it's okay
>tfw 6'4
>tfw wide hips
>tfw deadlift and squat cuz I just want to be strong and husbando mode
>tfw 500poound deadlift
>tfw baby weight 315 squat

Try to go fridge mode like me

>tfw always stand sideways to take a picture kek
>>
>>36847502
Oh shut the Fuck up
>>
>>36846900
why would you avoid deadlifts if you have an hourglass figure like that? that's literally retarded.

best thing you can achieve is husbando/fridgemode.

do deadlifts so you can get a thicker core and build your lats so you can at least look strong.

you won't have a sick taper but you have to play with what you were dealt.
>>
>>36847129
Been there. It sucks. Now I do deads widegrip Pullups side bends and vacuums to battle the delta of 29'' waist vs 33'' hips. If it happens to you, remember that only in your head you will never make it but to others it's highly unnoticed. The only way is to build oblique and claim you have something over other lifters. good luck
>>
>>36847502
You don't appear to have it at. all
>>
>>36846900
you need to fill out your core anyway to get rid of that hour glass so diddlylift
>>
>>36847574
Nice gyno breh.
>>
>>36847502
the body dysmorphia is real

fatty
>>
>>36846900

Stop worrying about how you look and just do the work. Deadlifts aren't going to make your hips look wider. They will make your legs, core, lats, back, and biceps bigger.

Your "wide" hips are the least of your problems

The fact that you're STARVING your body of nutrition that it desperately NEEDS is your biggest problem. Trust me, you don't want to be underfed before you get into your early/mid 20's.

Do some serious EATING and LIFTING, and stop staring at your goddamn hips/stomach for a month. You won't accomplish a fucking thing if you stand in front of a mirror every day, judging your little "imperfections".

You're going to be great, and you're definitely gonna make it, but first you have to put in habitual effort.
>>
take a look at OPs photo - if that guy did heavy deadlifts, he would get big obliques, which would be exactly where that sharp contour above his hipbones are. this would REDUCE the hourglass shape you see there. you'll never get a V, but doormode is a good aspiration too

source: have wide hips (luckily I have wide shoulders too so aint so bad)
>>
>>36848283

Literally been in the same boat. OP's shoulders are quite a bit wider than his hips, so when he actually gains mass on his arms and core, he'll probably look pretty good. And you can tell his pecs will look nice because of his insertion points.
>>
>>36848224
H_____
F___
F____

LMAO
>>
>>36846900
why upper abs look like that? mine is similar, it gets me mad
>>
>>36847574
How 2 enter fridge mode?
>>
>>36847502
see
>>36847598
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.