[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Insomia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: makeitstop.jpg (46 KB, 564x752) Image search: [Google]
makeitstop.jpg
46 KB, 564x752
Sup /fit/. I can't fucking sleep.

I lie in bed ruminating and feeling anxious. Over time I've started putting off going to bed so that I'm more tired and crash out, and now it's impacting my job and my commission.

I meditate every day but it only seems to have acute benefits.

Anyone here had experience with insomnia or know any techniques, supplements or other practical measures I can take to fix this.

Already on a waiting list for therapy for anyone suggesting seeing my doctor.

Halp pls
>>
>>36846726

Insomnia*

Try reading a book it should exhaust you to sleep.
>>
>>36846726
i heard doctors know about this stuff.
>>
>>36846726
Stop using your computer/ TV before bed
>>
>>36846726

What time do you get up everyday? Maybe I'm under thinking it, but maybe you just aren't tired when you go to bed?
>>
>>36846774
Alternatively, the program "f.lux" works for me. Check it out.
>>
>>36846774
I've been told one hour before bed no screens/bright light

Idk if that's true, I don't always do it but often find it easy after an hour of listening to a podcast and just laying there. Sometimes I even fall asleep during them
>>
>>36846726
Magnesium supplements are helpful
>>
This might sound stupid but have you tried jerking off before going to bed? It is supereffective to me... And i heard that reading/computing before going to bed are both bad because you concentrate too much. You're gonna have to learn how to relax and therefore i suggest a therapy would be the best way to do so.
>>
Melatonin worked for me. Side effects of weird, vivid dreams though.
>>
>>36846782
7am

>>36846816
Yeah I take ZMA

>>36846785
Already got dat too
>>
>>36846726

I dont know about others, but i fall into sleep immediately when i lie on my stomach, and i cannot sleep at all if im laying on back or sides.

Try it out OP.

Weed also helps me a lot.

>>36846851
Even though i think you shouldnt jerk off at all, it DOES help for them sleep gains. Or sex in general desu. Doesnt matter if you fap or bang a girl, same effect
>>
>>36846726
I have chronic insomnia and have done for 15 years.
I regularly go 4-5 days with no sleep, and have gone over 3 weeks before.
The only thing that's ever worked is Mirtazapene; you will get fat though.
What I have is a grim, chronic disease. Sorry if that's depressing to hear.
Tips:
install F.lux (google it)
Earplugs, blackout blinds
Don't go to bed unless really tired
ACCEPTANCE. Don't allow yourself to get agitated by not sleeping; do not look at the clock at any time either. View a sleepless night as a chance to have a nice rest.
If you've been trying to sleep for ages, get up, read a book, go for a walk; make the bed and stuff. Then give it 45 minutes and go to bed again.
Don't work in your bedroom, take the computer out of your bedroom.
Check your nasal airways; you might have polyps or some other restriction. Check if you're mouthbreathing in bed.
Lying on your left side puts pressure on your lungs and makes it harder to breathe and therefore sleep.

I had to quit my job and go freelance. I hope you don't suffer the same fate.
>>
>>36847235
also turn down the colour temperature of your phone after dark. And get plenty of daylight during the day. Blue light blasting into your face is a bad thing. No phone in bed, even worse is phone + bed + dark room.
>>
>>36846726

phenergan (promethazine)
>>
>>36847235
I've been the same, i cant keep a normal sleeping schedule to save my life, cant keep a job and i get extremely upset when i wake up late not even remembering the 3 alarms going off in the morning. Ruined my esports "career" aswell since i couldn't turn up to tournaments/practice in time and it just feels hopeless. Probly going freelance aswell, translating or some other shit.

Been this way as long as i can remember.
>>
>>36846726
Melatonin, chamomile, valerian and kava kava can all help. Try each and see if they have any benefit.

Cardiovascular exercise and lots of it will drive your body to be exhausted and to need to sleep.

https://copy.com/NXEA68fh2KlZNkns

Download that. It is an audio file of binaural beats. Listen to it in a quiet and dimly lit room in a place where you are comfortable.

Do you find that you fall asleep easily when you lay down on a couch, as opposed to your bed?
>>
>>36846726
http://www.deltasleeper.com/new-products/sr1-sleep-device

Try this. It's expensive, but there's a money back guarantee and if it works it'll be worth it
>>
>>36847433
Not who you're replying to, but I get the "can sleep where you aren't supposed to" thing
>>
Are you doing physical activity? I got this way when i was younger. mentally id know it was time to go to bed but i could never fall asleep. used to lay in bed for 3 hours before finally sleeping.

Things that helped me
>lift
>cardio
>dont spend time in your room/bed until its time to go to bed
>dont look at bright screens half hour before going to bed
>take care of any chores/shit you have to do so you dont think about it in bed
>no caffeine past noon or 10 hours before bed.
>>
>>36846726
ADHD and GAD fag here. I used to lie awake 1-2 hours before sleeping and got really shitty sleep. This is my protocol that I feel works.

> About two hours before bed I stop using electronics and switch to books if I have time to kill.
> I start to dim lights.
> Walk the dog outside, usually dark out so that helps with natural melatonin production.
> Get ready for bed, wash face, brush teeth, etc.
> 30 minutes before I want to be asleep, take a melatonin tab and turn off the light.
> Usually am asleep within 15-20 minutes.
>>
I had terrible insomnia and some weeks get like 12 hours of sleep. I exchanged my short term memory for an ambien script. That plus the tips others have in this thread, asmr vids, blackout curtains, sleeping in cold room under a pile of blankets, and an essential oil diffuser are enough for me to get a bit of sleep each night.
>>
>>36846726
Look up this powder called glysom, I take that thirty minutes before going to sleep and it knocks me out. Also, depending on where you live sleep with the window open. The colder it is in your room, the faster you'll fall asleep.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.