[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
my chest has doms from saturday. im cutting and have been lifting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: richpiano.jpg (334 KB, 1134x1088) Image search: [Google]
richpiano.jpg
334 KB, 1134x1088
my chest has doms from saturday. im cutting and have been lifting everyday back/bi, chest/tri, shoulder legs. do i need a rest day or fuck it lift anyways?
>>
Don't be a pussy; stretch and do warm up sets - you will be fine.
>>
File: darthwojack.jpg (67 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
darthwojack.jpg
67 KB, 645x773
>>36846338
its settled i will lift today
>>
>>36846325
>lifting everyday back/bi, chest/tri, shoulder legs. do i need a rest day or fuck it lift anyways?
You need a proper routine.
>>
>>36846325
Rest when you feel like you need a rest. I lift 4 days per week and on my off days I grapple and do mma. My body is fine some weeks and other weeks I move a work out a day. Usually stack sundays mauy thai bjj with leg day if I need to have a rest.

Iv made damn good gains dude. I do realize though and will clue you in, if you want to succeed to the highest levels of anything youll have to focus on only one goal. So if you want to be contest ready youll need to only focus on lifting and plan accordingly.
>>
>>36847936
/thread
>>
Help me settle an argument brehs, not trying to hijack the thread but this is relevant.

>push day with gymbro today
>finish up and propose pull day tomorrow
>agree to wait and see how we feel in the morning
>reveal that I want to start hitting Jim 6 days a week
>he says that's a bad idea
>says you need a day of rest after every workout
>tell him that's bullshit and it doesn't matter
>he says I'm wrong
>he says he will find studies to prove it
>I'm still not buying it

Isn't the whole point of a PPL or brosplit routine to be able to lift freauently without running the risk of overtraining? I mean I could agree with him if we were doing a full body routine every day, but even doing PPLPPLx we'd have a solid 2 days of rest before working the same muscle groups.

Tbh I'm not concerned in the slightest and I'll start going 6 days a week without him if I want to, but he needs to know he's wrong.
>>
>>36849302
maybe he means per muscle

what he said is right, as long as its the same muscle group

you CAN hit the same muscle group twice in a row, but doing it constantly eventually leads to injuries and other gay shit

otherwise you can work out every muscle group consecutively, with one rest day

i.e.
chest mon
back tues
legs wednesday
>>
>>36847936
>>36848617
whats wrong with my routine i hit every muscle
>>
>>36849327
I have a feeling that you're right and he was assuming a different routine for some reason, but he argued pretty hard and made it sound like going to the gym 6 days a week and lifting is a bad idea regardless of whether or not you're targeting different muscle groups each day.

He and I have been bros for years and this kind of thing happens regularly though, I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding.
>>
>>36849733
>What is CNS recovery?
>>
>>36846325
Rest dude. Taking extra rest days here and there is a lot better than a shoulder surgery here and there.
>>
>>36846325
only the top 10% of athletes/bodybuilders can actually get to the point of "overtraining".

I wouldnt worry about a rest day, little guy. Rest when you are actually tired, not because some fitness nerd on /fit/ told u its proper.
>>
>>36849891
This is blatantly false

no matter what your ability, if you are working hard and pushing your limits, your body will need rest, period.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.