[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOTT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24
File: 1437843415927.jpg (23 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1437843415927.jpg
23 KB, 480x480
My bench is kinda weak (36kg using dumbbells and as such am doing 3x8) and my bench is progressing slow compared to my other lifts (54kg squat)
Would doing a set of pushups to failure after each bench set regardless of hitting 8 reps do anything? Or do I just slowly push on?
>>
Slowly pushing on and adding small amounts of weight every few session will work, but adding in pressups to your workout certainly couldn't hurt.
>>
>>36846210

Why are you pressing with Dumbbells?

Are you allowing for recovery?

Try doing 5 sets of increasing weight each time. So 1 set of lets say 50, then one of 52,5, then 55, 57,5 and finally 60.

Then on your next workout start at 52,5 on your first set and end at 62,5. You get the idea. This way you will progress quickly if you eat enough food.
>>
>>36846278
I press with dumbbells as this is the only equipment I have (lifting at home as gyms in my area are way too expensive and I live in a rural area as it is)
>>
Is a week fast a good idea?
>>
wait so if i weigh 200 pounds and somehow i eat 400 grams in a day, would that mean that the next day i could eat 0 protein and be ok? how long does the period of whatever this is called last for.
>>
>>36846392
400 grams of protein**
>>
>>36846392

Sorta yes. The body seems to have a way of storing excess protein for a finite amount of time for when its needed. Theres no consensus on how long this storage lasts before being turned into energy or glucose or whatever tho
>>
>>36846426
dont listen to this fucktard.he doesnt know shit. ask any nutritionist and he will suggest you space your meals apart.unless you believe this random shithead knows better than a trained professional who actually studied this stuff for 6 years and is certified by the state.
>>
>>36846383
If you wanna lose all your muscle. Look into Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss instead.
>>
>>36846426
Broscience
>>
I'm struggling to go ATG in squats, even when I lower the weight. It's not a strength issue but I think a mobility issue. Advice?
>>
>>36846486
why is IF such a big meme then? im the guy who asked the question
>>
>>36846524
stretch your hammies everyday after walking for a bit.
>>
>>36846524
get a shoe with a raised heel can help a lot
>>
>>36846370
Get better equipment. You are wasting your fucking time if you don't. This is coming from someone who wasted his own fucking time with a half assed home gym for a year
>>
>>36846532
IF and what you said are two different things.
>>
>>36846543
this will just help him cheat (this is the same as using a wedge or plate under foot)
he needs to stretch.
>>
>>36846558
yes i mean i was asking a new question based on
>he will suggest you space your meals apart
>>
I've had a gym membership for two months and I still haven't gone. Ive done research but is have no idea how to actually lift. I wish I had someone to teach me, a gymbro would be perfect for me. I'm too ducking scared to walk in and try shit I've only read about. I'm a bets. This was not a question.
>>
>>36846581
i was nervous my first time but literally as soon as i got there I was fine
>>
>>36846578
protein is absorbed and released into the bloodstream in different amounts of time depending on its composition. some types of protein (like casein) can keep your body fuelled for a lot of hours (most agree up to 4) while other kinds are absorbed and released much faster.when you have 3-4 meals spaced evenly throughout the day you're making sure you always feel full and that your body has a constant supply of aminoacids and other goodies.
>>
I'm 145lbs/65kg at 6ft 1/185cm.

I am bulking because I hate being skinny.

Is it possible for me to eat too much given that I am quite underweight? Could I end uo skinny fat if I eat too much even when I'm lifting?
>>
>>36846559
Cool, I'll find a stretching routine and do it before and after working out as well as on off days.
>>
My squats and deadlifts are going up
squats 110 deadlift 120. But my bench is terrible... I struggled to do 40 lbs for 8 reps how can I improve my bench. I feel pathetic my gymbros are lifting 100 now and we started same time The highest i ever bench was 75
>>
>>36846210
>36kg db bench
>54kg squat (lmao)
Actually, your bench is proportionally really strong compared to your girlyman squat.
>>
>>36846630
>Is it possible for me to eat too much given that I am quite underweight? Could I end uo skinny fat if I eat too much even when I'm lifting?
yes,its possible.eat 500 calories over what you need
>>36846638
dont do static stretches before working out.do warmup versions of the exercise you're gonna do.so if your working sets on the squat are 100-120kg you need to warmup with 30-40 kg and then do your working sets.
keep the static stretches for after your workout.
>>36846641
find your weak link and add accessories for it. most commonly its the triceps that need conditioning.
>>
>>36846630
Yes, did you read the sticky? Count your calories. A daily 500 calorie surplus will allow you to gain 1lb a week, it should be mostly lean body mass assuming you're lifting consistently and effectively. If you eat much more than that, you will increase the amount of fat you put on. If you eat less, you'll slow down your gains. Being a skelly, you probably shouldn't worry too much about it. Eat and lift until you're big as fuck brah. Worry about getting shredded later.
>>
>>36846641
are you eating enough
>>
>>36846383
If you don't have a job or any reason to actually need energy, i dont see why not. Per fr ectly safe thing to do.

How much fats is too much fats? I eat a retarded amount of peanutbutter. I'm probably getting at least 2x the daily reccomended amount (axcording to pb label for what its worth) and want to make sure im not killing meself
>>
>>36846663
If I don't do static stretches I'm gonna fuck my shit up. Why wouldn't I do them?
>>
>>36846681
>How much fats is too much fats?
its too much when you see your total cholesterol level skyrocketing on a blood test.you dont want clogged arteries.peanut butter mainly increases the good kind of cholesterol (HDL) but even that still increases total cholesterol which is bad.go take a blood test if you're not sure,it will take 10 minutes or so.
>>
>>36846693
static stretches should be done after your workout.doing them before your workout reduces your power output by ~5%.
scientific consensus is you should do dynamic stretching before working out and static stretching afterwards.
>>
Brahs have you ever failed a training at the gym? Today i had to stop my training because halfway because i was too tired, am i never gonna make it?
>>
>>36846671
I eat 2000kcal over my tdee abd have only put on 10lbs in one year.
>>
>>36846720
You need rest days.

>>36846723
Then you're not "2000kcal over" your TDEE.
>>
>>36846723
you calculated your tdee wrong.your tdee is not your bmr and you didnt eat 2000kcal over your tdee.else you would have gained 10lbs in 20 days.
>>
>>36846728
Uhhh, yes i am sir. Doc just says i have the metabolism of a 12 year old so its going to be hard for me to gain weight.
>>
>be 6'3" 245
> used to lift a lot for high school football
>getting back into it 7 years later.

I have to put plates under my heels to get any range on squats. I'm around 250 now but I can't get near parallel w/o my heels raised. Also my groin fuckin kills afterwards...

Any advice /fit/bros?
>>
>>36846210

36kg flat bench dumbbell press is pretty fucking decent what are you talking about.
>>
>>36846710
Someone with bad mobility shouldn't be worrying too much about their decreases power output until they can squat with proper form. It's better to squat 10 lbs less with lose hip flexors.
>>
>>36846739
you are seriously retarded.you dont understand the concept of tdee or calories.you should be exiled in mongolia or turkey or some shithole with IQ>90
>>
>>36846739
You're either stupid or a troll. Either way, please fuck off. You're not gonna make it
>>
>>36846720
I find if I drink too much coffee early in the day at work my lift sessions suffer due to tiredness. Maybe watch your caffeine/sugar/shit intake. Helps me quite a bit
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1334x750
Just got back into lifting after not doing it for ~1 year. Any advice for my routine/why am I retarded?
Day1: Chest/triceps/legs
Day2: Back/biceps
Day3: Shoulders/traps
Repeat for 3 more days
Rest on day 7

I sprinkle in abs, neck, wrists and other random things in with no format. Everyday I start with compounds and eventually move on to iso. I just kinda made this shit up because I liked it and feel as though I get enough rest and frequency. Any critiques?
>>
>>36846678
Not really I'll try right now im on bulk but sometimes i have to skip breakfast due to time constraints.
>>
>>36846789

Prepare in advance niggerman. Have pre made breakfast ready. That shit is your most important meal
>>
>>36846769
I'd love to go somewhere that has an iq above 90 like you say, get to be with my own people
>>
>>36846779
Looks ok to me. What do you do fir wrists? My wrists feel rather weak evidenced by suicide grip feeling more comfortable on bench press.
>>
>>36846823
Breakfast is not important at all actually my main man.
>>
is it okay to use hip adductor machine for inner thighs as a skinnyfat who has wide hips ?
>>
>>36846919
Sumo deads and squatting properly is better as actual useful training.
>>
>>36846895
I drilled a hole through a piece of pvc pipe and tied a rope through it then I attach weight to the end of the rope. Then I just roll the weight up on the pipe and alternate going forwards and backwards. It works really well for me. That and just the squeeze things you can buy at any fitness store but I usually just do that at my desk.
>>
>>36846904

I'll be asleep before lunch if I don't get my eggs N oats in me
>>
>>36846948

Yeah man, I played pretty high level hockey growing up and our coach made us all one of these wrist rollers.

Never let that shit unravel on its own. Roll it all the way up/all the way down
>>
>>36846895
I also found this video which is basically the same thing. I just prefer pvc because it is thicker.

http://youtu.be/-PWXOb95ISg
>>
>>36846970
Yeah I picked it up from an old wrestling coach. Agreed on letting it down slow. It makes your forearms feel like they are on fire.
>>
>>36846984
Kewl. I remember we had a similar device in my highschool weightroom just forgot about entirely.
>>
If i put my hands straight in front of me, i can do a nice squat. If i put them behind the head or take a bar for a high bar squat, there's a slight buttwink and i lean forward too much so the bar doesnt go vertical anymore.

What do i need to strech/strengthen more?
>>
Created my tinder account 20 minutes ago got 3 matches already.
Is this normal entry level or making it entry level?
>>
>>36847203
It's bitch boi level
>>
>>36847123
See
>>36846524
>>
Can I do Couch to 5k concurrently with Starting Strength? I lift on tuesday, thursday and saturday, so maybe jogging on monday, wednesday and friday. Or would just doing it all on the same days work best?
>>
>>36847333
Doesn't matter. Starting strength is pretty low volume so I don't think you'll have trouble running. Or I wouldn't. Idk how in shape you are or what your goals are. If you're trying to get big, C25K won't help. If you're trying to lose weight, you might feel exhausted working out 6 times a week.
>>
I'm planning on eating about a daily 20-40g of textured vegetable protein mixed with my oats.

Is there any reason not to do so?
>>
File: 1414437599708.jpg (166 KB, 1024x419) Image search: [Google]
1414437599708.jpg
166 KB, 1024x419
>>36846720
You can avoid months worth of injury by knowing when to stop, so I advise you to stay on the safe side. Even if you go easier on a workout every once in a while you're still better off than being injured for weeks
>>
I was doing OHP yesterday and my shoulder started hurting when I tried 60 lb so I stopped. I know pathetic. 55 was fine. What should I do to help out with it? And why did my shoulder hurt was it just too heavy?
>>
>>36846550
fuck this moron.
Gyms are good because while there you have nothing to steal your attention while at home there's always something. But if you are tight on money you're much better off spending it on quality food than an expensive gym. Just be smart about your training, mix in bodyweight, progress smart, and you'll be fine
>>
>>36847743
in my experience many people have fucked shoulders. doing mobility exercises before training has helped me much to overcome it.
>>
>>36847743
Make sure you are doing mobility work, take time to warm up and if you feel pain don't push it. If the pain is recurring go to a doctor, not 4chan.
>>
I've never gotten an answer to this. After getting into the rhythm of working out, I no longer get sore. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?
>>
>>36847885
Completely normal. DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) typically goes away after you have been lifting for a week or two.
>>
>>36847901
Thank fuck. I was under the impression that the big guys still talk about/complain/meme about being sore after workouts.
>>
>>36847916
If for some reason you have muscle soreness, just take fish oil, rest well, foam roll and stretch better.
>>
>>36847654
No, go for it.
>>
So I've been squatting exclusively lowbar for a year or so.

Started 5/3/1 BBB, and decided for my lightweight squats, I'd do highbar, give my quads a little extra something to chew on.

I was supposed to do 5x10 squats at 50% of my ORM today, and managed 3x10 before my legs were quivering so bad I didn't think I'd be able to manage anymore.

Is this normal? Did I cuck my quads with all those gainz in my posterior chain? Or is 5x10@50% really that difficult?
>>
Is 1g protein per pound bodyweight still the target? I've been reading some research that says this is too high, and protein consumption should be based on lean bodyweight.
>>
>>36848525
Just give yourself some time to build up to the 5x10 volume. Personally I think it's way overkill and BBB just pumps you up more than anything else.
>>
>>36848645
It's simple and works, just stick with it.
>>
for breakfast?
- oat vs brown bread
- oat: milk or water

for lunch?
- rice vs lentils
>>
>>36848781
Depends on your goals anon. What helps you meet your macros?
>>
>>36846769
You are dumber than he is, also Mongolia is fucking awesome
>>
I am skinnyfat (155lbs/120lbs LBM, 22%bf), small boned (6" wrists and 8" ankles), and have been stuck at 210lbs on squat for a while, and upper body is progressing even more slowly where 80-82lbs is all I can manage on OHP and barely over 1 plate on bench. And I'm feeling like I'm about to hit a wall on deadlift, currently at 230. Is this really the end of my noob gains? ~3000 calories a day, small steady weight gain.
>>
>>36848837
No, those lifts are too small to be end of noob gains. Certainly when bulking.

Deload, work on form and for the love of God please don't be on your own bastard of a routine.
>>
Is ~210 g protein a day too much if you only weigh 160 lbs? It's more than I need probably, but I'm not sure if there's any downsides to having too much protein and not enough carbs/fat
>>
>>36848934
SS, and I've done small deloads before when stuck.
>>
>>36848986
You should be alright. Just make it cut into carbs rather than fat and be sure to get enough fibre.
>>
>>36848990
What modifications have you made to SS? What is your weight gain over the last month?
>>
>>36849005

Nice, that's what I've already unintentionally been doing. Thanks.
>>
>>36847790
>>36847803
Thanks the pain went away by the end of the day. What are some good assistance exercises?
>>
>>36849014
Replaced cleans with chinups, cleans have felt awkward. About 1.5 lbs weight gain over last month.
>>
File: 2016_04_19_15.30.26.jpg (374 KB, 1076x1629) Image search: [Google]
2016_04_19_15.30.26.jpg
374 KB, 1076x1629
I set a new DL PR the other night, and it upgraded my hamstrings, lower back+spine, and traps from "untrained" to "novice".

How are traps involved with a deadlift? I didn't feel them during the lift, but they're definitely a bit sore today.
>>
>>36849039
>What are some good assistance exercises?
Just youtube shoulder mobility work with bands, start your gym days with that.
>>
>>36849061
They keep your arms from ripping off.
>>
>>36849051
>Replaced cleans with chinups
Try rows rather than chins as a clean replacement, at least that way you are doing SL. If you want to do chinups just put them at the end of the other day.

You said that you are progressing slowly on upperbody? Are you stalled or just going slow, how slow?
>>
I tried Romanian deadlifts for the first time yesterday, and for some reason I could mainly feel it in my arms and shoulders, and not really in my legs. Wtf am I doing wrong?
>>
>>36849103
OHP is progressing in like, I am a little closer to hitting 82lbs for 5 reps each session. Bench I'm going at ~+2lbs per session (137, then 140 etc), but sometimes hit snags.
>>
How can i lose this fucking alpha-2 receptor fat? Searches say low carb and IF. I already do IF but i work out between lunch and dinner and i use carbs on my lifting days. I also do 20 minutes of 150+ Heart rate cardio after lifting.

Do i really have to just stop eating all my fruits and veggies or hop on Yohimbe HCL to lose my love handles? God damn i've lost over 90 lbs and i want to start lifting on a surplus so i can stop being a weak POS with pathetic lifts and no energy.

I watch the GI of my foods and the heaviest thing i eat is 100 cals of an orange or a banana. I eat red kidney beans or lentils for dinner on lifting days because. I don't touch anything with HFCS or candy or any of that shit anymore. All my other fat has felt loose and squishy before melting away in the past months but this love handle fat is still firm and hard.

23 years old and 155 6'2 @ 1500kcal for 8 months now. I have been running an EC stack for 3 months now as well 200mg/25mg. 4 days/week lifting.

fucking wheel spinning at this point m8s
>>
>>36849141
>. Bench I'm going at ~+2lbs per session
That is essentially the prescribed rate for a beginner. So I would say you aren't progressing slow at all.
>>
I've only been lifting 4 months, but Symmetric Strength says intermediate for my weight class can only do 125 for incline bench 5 reps. I can do 135, and I'm no intermediate so what the fuck? Is that just naturally my strongest lift or what?
>>
My squat is like, miles behind anything else, and has been since I started lifting.

Started with empty bar on all lifts, absolutely sedentary skeleton, so this is all really great progress for me, but I've been lifting for close to a year now.

DL: 280 and change
Squat: 160
Bench: 170
OHP: 100

Why is my squat so disproportionately low? I've checked and rechecked my form. Barpath is completely vertical, my setup is solid, Valsalva is good. It's like my quads just don't work--if I do the glute isolation machine, with one leg I can effortlessly do 160 for 10 reps. ONE glute is stronger than my entire squat.

What is going on?
>>
I only give a shit about looking good, prefer to stay lean over bulk fat -> cut. What would be the best way to utilize my summer? Currently weak as fuark.

Don't have 1RMs but 20 yrs, 6' 164# and some lifts are:

DB press: 3x12 50 lb
DB seated shoulder press: 3x12 35 lb
Underhand barbell row: 3x12 130 lb
Squat: 3x6 180
Haven't deadlifted in a while but most I pulled was a couple months ago 1x6 245

I get shoulder issues whenever I BB bench and feel it better in my pecs when I use DB anyways, but otherwise have access to a full gym. What do?
>>
>>36849345
>I get shoulder issues whenever I BB bench
Because you aren't using correct form. Shoulder pain bench comes when you have the barbell over your neck.
>>
Is there something to do with puffy nipples if I have already passed puberty or I'm hopeless here?
>>
>>36849377
I'll definitely look into it but I'm pretty sure I keep the barbell at mid-tit level at the top and a bit below nipple at the lowest. Am I doing anything wrong with that? I have some long ass arms and bring the bar all the way to body if that makes any difference.
>>
Is it possible at all to build muscle while you are trying to cut?
>>
If I have Gyno will taking a T-booster further botch my nipples & fuck my hormones?
>>
Tallfat DYEL here. Trying to cut, have managed for the last month, but now I have tough fee-fees over a girl and feel hungry all the time. How do I resist this urge to pig out? Should I just be easy on myself?
>>
>>36848810
Hi, my english sucks.
Im cutting right now, 175cm/5´74¨, 125 pounds / 56,7kg
>>
I'm in the process of losing a shitload of weight, down 60lbs so far, about another 60lbs to go.

I've been doing a full body workout 2x per week to try and not lose muscle, and I think for the most part I've succeeded.

When I bench I use dumbbells and not the barbell, the opposite of what I did in football in high school. I feel like this is easier, and safer since I'm not using a spotter. I'm wondering if it would make a difference if I switched to barbell rather than dumbbell in maintaining muscle. My lifts have not gone down at all with what I'm doing right now, so I'm inclined to continue, but if going to barbell could reverse muscle loss I'd do that.
>>
File: 1459012658819.jpg (31 KB, 436x436) Image search: [Google]
1459012658819.jpg
31 KB, 436x436
I'm a 21yo college student with barely any income due to not being able to work thanks to my schedules, and still living in my parents's home, so barely any actual control over what i eat.

Is there a number of exercises i can do in my spare time every day, on my own, if i only want to get in shape?

If i could, i would want to go for otter mode, but since i can't keep much control on my diet(besides avoiding sugar and snacks as much as i can), and i've no dosh to go to the gym, i'd want to get in shape at least, to stop my belly from going out of control.
>>
>>36849668
If you are new, on steroids or fat. Yes. Otherwise, no.
>>
>>36849674
>T-booster
If it worked it would be illegal, save your money.
>>
>>36849805
It depends on the rest of your diet. You need to calculate how many calories and protein you need throughout the day. You can select foods to eat based on that.
>>
>>36849727
slap yourself

if a woman hurt you, why would you possibly give her more reason to look down on you?

get fucking shredded cunt, and next year, show that hoe what she's missing out on
>>
What muscles should I be using when doing the initial deadlift movement (pulling the barbell up)?
>>
>>36850045
Even with calisthenics as my main source for muscle building?
>>
>>36846210
SS + GOMAD
4 scoops of weight gainer 2-3 times a day every day
>>
>>36846524
Lower the weight even more.
If all else fails start at bar and go back to basics. Better now than later. Watch more form videos. Practice ATG with bw.
>>
File: image.jpg (458 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
458 KB, 2048x2048
I used to weigh 220 pounds but now I weight like 135 poiunds and look like this...am I skinny fat or is it just loose skin you guys think? I really wanna start bulking and get big eventually but I am afraid because of the "fat" or skin on my belly and chest still I don't wanna make it worst

In other words should I keep "cutting" and lose some more weight? I'm 5'6 Manlet btw
>>
My shoulders or arms have uneven flexibility. When I try to pull my elbows down during low bar squat they can't get to the same position. What do I do to fix this? I've been doing some shoulder dislocations with a stick
>>
Haven't seen it posted as much as it used to be, but /fit/ was pretty anti-decline bench. Supposedly, it was pretty meaningless for strength, and developing lower pectorals would give you tit-shaped pecs. Is that true, or was it all a giant ruse?
>>
What BF% do you start seeing muscle definition?

Are there landmark %s?
>>
>>36846210
you should try eating food every day, multiple times a day
>>
i tried googling some 1 year transformations to see what it looks like when people really do it right, but most seem to be pretty crappy. What is the number one thing people do wrong? Lazy? Diet?
>>
>>36851317
around 13%
>>
>>36851355
Wait.... Thats when you START seeing it?
>>
>>36851402
No, it depends on how big your muscles are and how much BF% you have. It also depends on your body type.

But in-general, muscle visibility goes away around 16-18%
>>
File: gingashi1.jpg (245 KB, 690x1083) Image search: [Google]
gingashi1.jpg
245 KB, 690x1083
Recently started Intermittent Fasting, loving it so far, but what does it take to break the fast as far as your body is concerned? I have a problem with plain water (bitch, i know, working on it) so il add a very small about of protein powder and or baking soda to it to alster the taste/texture into something i can actually drink a gallon of a day, is this breaking the fast?
>>
My eyelid started twitching, I've stopped all caffeine like pre workouts and coffee and shit. Anyone else have this?
>>
>>36851629
stress, it will pass, if not, see a doc
>>
>>36851606
Oh ok cool

So how do you convert % into lbs? Is 1 % body fat literally 1% of your actual wait?

Like 1%bf of 200 is 2 lbs?
>>
When my PT writes 5x8, should I be doing 5 working sets or does that include warm-ups? Do I only do one set at the highest weight?
>>
>>36851675
warm up not included, have fun
>>
File: 1055685581.jpg (162 KB, 720x505) Image search: [Google]
1055685581.jpg
162 KB, 720x505
>>36851668
are you fucking serious? Can you really not comprehend that your entire body is not made of fat?
>>
>>36851966
I was just making sure that there wasnt some weird equation I was missing.

I used the formula for myself and it doesnt seem right.
>>
>>36852006
It's very simple. You multiply your weight by your your bodyfat percentage. If you are 200 lbs and are 23% BF, you have 46 lbs of fat on you.

200 x 0.23 = 46
>>
I'm new to gym, I want to try 8 hour arms

I can bench 20kg and I can curl 15kg, what weights should I use for my workout?
>>
>>36852189
find a fucking routine. Most people just do SS or SL.
>>
>>36852249
I got to gym 5 hour a day, I need not a routine

Give me the plans to the 8 hour arms fag
>>
>>36852273
you need to speak in proper sentences first, what the fuck is 8 hour arms?

>I got to gym 5 hour a day, I need not a routine
you could not misunderstand the fundamentals of exercise more if you tried.
>>
>>36852301
FUCK YOU IM MUTANT GIVE THE PLANS FOR 8 HOUR ARMS
>>
File: 1349924363746.jpg (19 KB, 320x245) Image search: [Google]
1349924363746.jpg
19 KB, 320x245
>>36852306
I still have absolutely no idea what the hell you're talking about pajeet.
>>
Question to ex skeletons:
How long did it take you until you couldn't feel your biceps bone anymore?

My arms have visibly gotten bigger, but there's not much muscle mass there yet. I've always been able to feel my arm bone.
>>
>>36852416
It's normal to be able to feel the humerus many places on the arm.
>>
>>36850043
> so barely any actual control over what i eat.
Be a man and cook your own food. Your parents will be overjoyed and you will have killed one of your problems.
>>
Moved home and went without weights for 7 months - was training for 18 months before.

Just invested in a home set up and been eating below BMR (-500 on rest, -200 on lifts) tracking on MFP and lifting for a week - I've gained half a kilo...

Plz tell me my gains are coming back with force and I'm not going to have to eat at a stupid deficit to see results?

Been successful at losing weight accurately before and I'm not a complete mouth breather...
>>
what percentage of my 5RM should i do pause deadlifts at? also reps/sets?
>>
File: da5jwh4.jpg (46 KB, 461x583) Image search: [Google]
da5jwh4.jpg
46 KB, 461x583
Can /fit/ recommend the best supplements to take? Recently started lifting and I want more energy and bigger muscles.

I get light headed from lifting after about 30mins.

I need my gains fit, nearly 21 y/o virgin.
>>
>>36853035

Depends on the person. You sort of have to work up and see. Low reps, either high or low sets depending on how you're using them.

>>36853113
There's really not any that make a big difference. People will usually recommend a good multivitamin, fish oil and sometimes glucosamine but they're relatively minor things.
>>
File: image.jpg (954 KB, 1558x1960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
954 KB, 1558x1960
What's the best way to cope with horrible bicep insertions? They're incredibly high up. In shirts that are really tight and short short sleeves still cover the bump.

5'8
205lbs
23% bodyfat
19yo
>>
>>36853035
Try 5x5 at around 50-60%.
It might be exhausting at first, at least it was for me, but once you get used to it you'll feel stronger and be able to up the weight no problem.
>>
>>36851629
I had it for over a week recently, pissed me the fuck off. Could be anything, nothing serious though, it will pass. I put it down to stress, eye strain or caffeine.
>>
What is a good amount of reps for shrugs?
>>
I started lifting around 5 months ago and have been cutting since day 1 (was about 30lb overweight)

Since then my lifts have gone up a considerable amount but I'm still at a pathetic strength level and I feel a good part of it is stalling from not eating enough (my lifts have stagnated for around 6 weeks with very slow progress in the month before that)

Now that I'm finally bulking, what kind of progress should i be expecting now that I'm bulking for the first time?
I'd really like to see my numbers fly up, but I don't know how much of a difference this should be.
Anyone here have a similar experience?
>>
I think the intermittent fasting thread is gone so I will ask here

IF while bulking - is this a thing?

Some guy in a CBT that was lean as FUCK said he did IF, but didn't specify if that was during a bulk or cut.

Basically I have skinnyfat genetics and when I bulk the fat goes back to my stomach so quickly. Hoping IF can help me lean out while I bulk
>>
>>36853433
12-15
>>
>>36853497
What's your surplus when bulking?
>>
>>36853585
500 give or take
>>
>>36850075
She's far from being a hoe, which in a way makes it tougher.
But, anyways, she's probably moving out of the country by September or something. Welp, I tried.
Also I have issues with my spine and the doc says I shouldn't be stressing it, so there's not a lot of lifting I can do harmlessly.
Thanks, though.
>>
why am I not losing weight. I count all my calories using mfp and the use of a scale. I'm getting in about 1400/1500 kcal at the moment. according to iifym tdee calculator:
Your BMR is: 1775 Calories/Day
Your TDEE is: 2148 Calories/Day

so I would be around 300 kcals under my bmr, and about 650 under my TDEE. Why am I not losing fat, or even weight?

I'm 176cm and 78kgs about 20% bodyfat and want to burn as much fat as I can.
I'm an intern at an office at the moment, so i'm pretty much sedentary at office hours, and I work out three times a week for about 1 and a half hours.
At first (about 6 weeks ago) I lost some weight, about nearly a kilo (let's say 0,8) in two weeks. I thought okay nice, but after that my weight has been fairly constant around 78 kilos.

Any help or tips?
>>
>>36850890
i think there's definitely some loose skin
At your height, you could probably lose a bit more weight (I'm ~5'8" and 140 with maybe another 5-8lb before i have a flat stomach, maybe more)

As for whether you should bulk, I can't give much insight, sorry
>>
How bad is diet soda?
I feel like having a cheat day.
>>
>>36853786
You're probably counting incorrectly, not adding everything into mfp, etc

at that deficit you should see around a pound a week (~2.25kg a month)
>>
>>36853815

Yes I thought so, But I'm scanning the barcodes and weighing everything I'm eating.

I want to lose my belly, and I want to make a change, I've been skinnyfat for my whole life. Last year I started a cut and went almost 6 kilos down. unfortunately I've had a small surgery last year and about 6 weeks I wasn't able to do anything like working out at all, and after that I had to start out really slow again. and with all that I gained about 4 kilos
>>
>>36853786
Same problem, had to go down to 1000 to lose 0.5kg/week, even though everybody recommended 1200/1300kcal/day (weight didn't drop for a month on 1200 so I just kept reducing calories by 50 until it moved)

I'm just some dumb faggot but my guess is that BMR/TDEE calculations aren't completely accurate for everyone.
>>
>>36853884
They're good enough for 96% of the population. The other 4% burn more than 300 calories more or less than the average, which still is going to be fine. You've not been properly logging most likely.
>>
>>36853912
300 kcal more or less, i'm at 1500 kcal, while my tdee is at 2150. If my tdee is really 300 less than 2150 then it's 1850, then i'm still 300 kcal under that. should I then not lose about 0,3 kg a week? And I workout more than I put in the TDEE calculator, so shouldn't I lose that 0,3 kg at minimum?
>>
Currently a bit over 100kg. BF% according to my scale is a little under 40.

Assuming that's accurate and I am able to lose weight without losing muscle (and I understand both of these are unlikely), wouldn't that mean that my goal weight of 70kg (24BMI at manlet 170cm size) would leave me with only %10~15 body fat? That seems very low for what is still a relatively high BMI on someone without much strength.
>>
File: symmetrical.jpg (199 KB, 1141x1163) Image search: [Google]
symmetrical.jpg
199 KB, 1141x1163
retoasting in the right bread

so after 3 weeks on SS, I've managed to get all purple mode.

seems my upper body is lagging though. I'm trying to throw in chins and up my bench but I honestly can't do much more than what I'm pressing atm.

I can only do 2 and a half chin ups. how can I speed up upper body gains on conventional SS programming?

because I already looked t-rex beforehand
>>
I just matched with an ultra qt3,1415926535 who is an architect & I want to turn her into my gf. Any help with an opener?
>>
File: symmetricalmoar.jpg (76 KB, 1176x725) Image search: [Google]
symmetricalmoar.jpg
76 KB, 1176x725
>>36854322
my actual lifts
>>
>>36854332
>>36854322
I'm doing a modified SS that has a bit more upper body thrown in

More or less it's
A: Squat, Bench, Dead, Dips
B: Squat, Press, Pendlay Rows, Pullups/Chins
Some sit ups and hyper extensions at the end of each workout
Seems to be working well enough
>>
File: Untitled.png (3 MB, 1201x1999) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3 MB, 1201x1999
How do I know if I am fat or skinnyfat? I am 5'7 170 pounds. If I am skinnyfat then I should bulk and if fat I should cut.
P..please help
>>
>>36854322
Your upper body isn't lagging, your everything is lagging.
>>
Any exercises that work the side of the hips, basically i'm getting leaner everywhere else but I still have a bit of a back fat/muffin top on the side that just isn't changing much and I don't know if it's just because I sit down a lot.
>>
Starting my bulk now, currently 145lb 5ft10 manlet (I should still be growing though (hopefully), I'm 18 now). What is the top end weight I should aim for?
According to BMI anything above 175lb would be overweight, but as long as its muscle it's fine to go over I suppose.
>>
>>36854614
well yeah no shit ive been lifting for 3 weeks and a complete dyel

id take that as a comment that i shouldn't worry about lagging in general this early in the program
>>
>>36854793
Yep.
>>
>>36854679
you can try killing yourself and being reborn as a female. alternatively, accept that you're a man and that you store most of your fat around your gut. the only way to get rid of it is to lose enough body fat, but it's the first place your store fat and the last place you lose it.
>>
>>36854819
It's not in my gut at all, it's just on the sides where it's still a bit fatty
>>
Will hip flexor pain ever go away without stretching everyday? I've had mine for almost 3 weeks now. It hurts a lot less and I can move normally through the day but as soon as I try squatting or deadlifting anything heavier than just a bar my hip flexor is killing me. I also have a desk job so I'm sitting almost 8 hours a day.
>>
>>36854833
yes, I know where you store it. just look up male vs female body fat distribution and you'll see what I mean.

what you're asking for is spot reduction and it doesn't exist. the only way to lose fat in one area is to lose fat everywhere.
>>
So just arrived my whey from amazon. From optimal nutrition. Is it normal that they gave me free samples and a whole box of creatine (like 400 g)?
>>
>>36854852
Ah okay, thanks.
>>
>>36846748
I think he means the 2 dumbbells = 36kg
>>
>>36854863
well they should because optimum nutrition is overpriced as fuck
>>
>>36849427
option 1: work out and then cut after you developed muscles
option 2: dont overthink how your body looks

i chose option 1 because im beta
>>
Whats a good whey brand?
>>
>>36853912
I've been using a kitchen scale for every gram of food I put in my mouth.
>>
>>36854942
where u from m8
>>
>>36854965
Eh. Italy. I think my best option is buying online actually. Or buying from decathlon chain store.
>>
>>36854942
Optimum Nutrition
All flavors are good with milk or water but my personal favorite is french vanilla.
>>
>>36854947
Glad to know, I'm not the only one doing this.
>>
What can I add to my cottage cheese to make it less boring?
>>
>>36854999
I just bought peanut&chocolate flavour to try. I like peanut butter so we'll see. The guy above said they are overpriced as fuck tho?
>>
>>36855014
Jam
>>
>>36854996
myprotein/bulkpowders is good
try to find whey that's priced around 60 euros for 4,5kg. obviously you can buy smaller bags but this price scaling seems to be the cheapest you can get without buying shitty brand whey from local shops
>>36854999
ON is okay but expensive
>>
>>36855024
I used a shitload of sugar when making my jam since everything was sour, any other ideas?
>>
>>36854999
Don't fall for this fucking Jew shill. ON is garbage even on sale.
>>
>>36855023
Eh, kinda. But I when I buy something something I gotta consume almost everyday I rather pay a little more and enjoy the taste.
>>
>>36855037
>>36855051
Thanks mates. I will look into it.

>>36855039
I like cottage cheese with smoked salt and pepper mix (red/black).
>>
Is there any reason at all NOT to keep alternating bulking and cutting a the time?
>>
>>36855078
Well while you bulk you won't look as good as when you're low bodyfat. But I think that's it.
>>
>>36855037
>>36855075

I think The Protein Works is good too.
>>
>>36852798
I CAN cook on my own, but it's family custom to eat all together and the same food, so the least i could do was at least asking them if we could start eating healthier.
>>
Is there any issue wth eating an apple's core?
>>
I have flat feet and I think its why my squat is really bad (max 110lbs), can I do something about it? also what do you think about this routine ? https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout
>>
I hear about some of these hamplanets eating over 10k cals a day. if 3.5k is a lb of body fat they should gain like 10-15 lbs a week but it takes them way longer.

If you eat 3.5k over maintenance do you not get a full lb of bodyfat? Does your body not store every single extra calorie over your TDEE?
>>
>>36855078

There are several possible health concerns if the diets are extreme or if the bulks are careless.
>>
>>36855269

Supposedly many pesticides accumulate in there but I don't know
>>
My left ankle hurts a bit (5.5/10) either from squatting with feet too apart or legpressing.
Will I fuck it up even more when I'll deadlift tomorrow?
>>
>>36855301
Go to the gym, if it hurts bad then stop and go home.

I've done this many times and have never been to snap city in 2.5 years of lifting.

Basically if you are not sure, go anyway. You'll know if you should stop.
>>
>>36855281
Their maintenance as hamplanets is probably significantly higher. Even at rest, 300lbs takes a lot more energy to maintain than 150.

Imagine how much it takes to sit at 600lbs.
>>
>>36855281
I'm more curious as to how some of those people can go 5-10 years eating 500g+ of HFCS sugars and not even be pre-diabetic.
>>
>>36855278
Phul is good but if you're a beginner do canditos linear hypertrophy program. If you're an intermediate do PHAT
>>
>>36855335
Seems reasonable, thanks.
>>
>>36855411
It may be a stupid question but how will I konw im no longer beginner?
>>
>>36855500
you'll know when
>>
>>36855500
2pl8 bench
>>
>>36846581
if it's possible, see if your gym has personal trainers. mine has free ones a couple times a week for members. just find one and walk through the form of the different exercises. you'll grasp it pretty quickly.

you can always film yourself (trust me, it's not weird. just prop your phone up against a wall and record) and check your form that way.

if you want to learn some stuff before, check out some of Rippetoe's videos on the main lifts, they're pretty useful.
>>
somebody post the picture of the dog with sunglasses with the "very nice" caption
>>
>>36855928
do it and you'll get something nice :)
>>
File: back.jpg (63 KB, 655x952) Image search: [Google]
back.jpg
63 KB, 655x952
I just realized one of my shoulders my be longer than the other, how fucked am I?
>>
>>36855960
Well, fine. Just pout, I guess.
>>
To combat my RSI I have been given exercises to do at home, but I have to do the strengthening exercises three times a day. I have always been told that you have to rest your muscles after training them for 1 to 2 days. I'm assuming my physiotherapist knows what he's talking about but I wonder why you don't have to rest (is it because are very light exercises)?
>>
I lift every day but got tendonitis in wrist and I worked through it yesterday but today it hurts a lot.

How long will I have to take off?
>>
>>36854491
fat
>>
>>36852306
Theres an entire video on it, you fucking watched it. Go fuck up your arms so you can't shitposte anymore.
>>
>>36854332
do your max chinups, jump on the aassisted chinup machine and bang out 8 forced reps with a slow eccentric phase.
>>
https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/russian-strength-skill-the-workouts

Thoughts on this?
>>
What is the best lenght for adjustable dumbbells, for using them in a variety of exercises (arnold press, rows, curls, ...) ?

Which are better, 20" or 18" dumbells?
>>
Just ate 5000 cals today. been doing 1500 for over 60 days.

I'm a weak faggot and i feel ashamed. 160 6'2 probably 270lbs now after that fat shit binge. hope i die.
>>
I've found that holding the barbell lower on my back during high bar squats is much more comfortable and I can squat more weight cleanly. I don't have it as low as I would during a low bar squat and I'm still keeping my body upright. Is this a thing or am I just autistic?
>>
I want a nice inner chest. What do?
>>
File: 1451942966305.png (150 KB, 368x368) Image search: [Google]
1451942966305.png
150 KB, 368x368
My upper body and arms are not playing nice with shirts, sweaters, etc
What do and/or where buy

I've found that my larger legs are doing fine with pants so far, but I'm naturally sort of broad at the shoulders so it was already difficult to find stuff that fit me right.

>can't flex in my favorite surplus jacket anymore
>>
Is it bad to do the same exercises forever and never changing, i mean keeping squat,deadlift and benchpress in the routine twice a week and then changing only the other exercises? (in a full body routine)
>>
What is a food length of time to get from DYEL to 1pl8 bench?
>>
>>36856749
Couple of suppers at least bro
>>
>>36856749
Good*
>>
What macronutrient is absolutely necessary to avoid overeating to ensure loss of bodyfat?
>>
>>36856749
depends on just how dyel you are. Took me about 3 months to go from 80lb bench to 135. 5 months after that Im hitting 155 7x3. Hopefully by the one year mark ill be able to hit 205 1rm.
>>
File: ricardo piano.jpg (14 KB, 360x264) Image search: [Google]
ricardo piano.jpg
14 KB, 360x264
Is it a good idea to work out your chest 2x a week?
>>
I have some spare cash to play around with supplement wise. Should I get protein bars (either Quest bars or Grenade carb killas) for my TKD sessions, a tub of pre when my current one runs out (thinking of trying The Curse or ON's pre) or should I get another bag of whey. Speaking of whey, is The Protein Works good compared to Myprotein? Its slightly more expensive so I'm guessing its of the same quality?
>>
>>36857141
I do it, it's fine

But I'm also this guy >>36856720 so be careful
>>
>>36857124
Why 7x3 ?

I'm attempting 5x8 is this ok for compounds?
>>
What's a good alternative for the power clean on SS?
>>
>>36857141
If you want gains, do it. If you don't want gains, don't do it. Just remember not to go to top weight more than once a week.
>>
How many feet are in 154 foot ??
>>
>>36857372
Depends on how big your feet are.
>>
>>36846210
Should I do martial arts practice on cardio days or lifting days? Or does it not matter that much?
>>
>>36846210
Hello QTDDTOTT gurus.

I saw that a store is having a mad sale on bananas this weekend. I usually use 2 a day in protein shakes, but figure I might as well take advantage of this potassium surplus.

To that end. Anyone got a recipe for protein bars using bananas?
>>
>>36858555
You can freeze the excess to save for smoothies
>>
>>36858501
Depends on if you lift before or after, the intensity of the practice etc. As long as you are lifting either before practice, or far enough afterward that your muscles have recovered enough to push through your weight routine, you should be fine.

The important thing is that you have enough energy left to lift heavy enough to damage muscle fibers.

Practicing on cardio days requires less thought and timing.
>>
>>36858598
I don't tend to do a lot of smoothies. Looking for something more portable than a shake.
>>
I want to try pre-workout and my cousin said to try C4. It's $65 CAD tax included for 60 servings at a GNC I checked out. I don't know if it's a good brand or price.

Is it a good deal? Is there a better and/or cheaper one I should get?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.