[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://youtu.be/uQ6-1vt14_Q?t=2535
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: scooby.jpg (41 KB, 324x338) Image search: [Google]
scooby.jpg
41 KB, 324x338
https://youtu.be/uQ6-1vt14_Q?t=2535
>>
jeff pls go
>>
don't care to watch all of it, someone give a TL;DR?
>>
>>36842535
tl;dr you should eat a healthy diet and lift weights
>>
>>36842558
But what if i dont want to? Surely there is another way.
>>
>>36842558
I've never really felt like I gained anything from scoobys nutrition advice. He always just says stuff like "eat this, eat that, don't eat that kind of bread, ..." etc, but he never explains anything or gives any reason why.

And he never really seems to go into the important big topics, like: what should your macro split be? Does it matter as long as you eat at/below/above TDEE? How much % of your cals should come from protein? How important is the avoidance of the bad types of fats and the bad types of carbs? How should your macros be distributed throughout the day (if any)? etc.

Or maybe he has some video where he explains all of that, and I just haven't found it yet.
>>
>>36842764
You can find all of that on his website
Scooby is literally the super boring, safe, mega-long run way to get some results
>>
>>36842764
In my opinion none of that stuff matters to 90% of this board. Very few of us are competing. Most just lift for health/looks. Just eat fruits/veggies/meat and avoid processed food. Eat more to gain weight, less to lose and stick to a reasonable routine in the gym aiming for progression. That's it.
>>
>>36842805
Still doesn't explain e.g. why I should be avoiding processed food.

Also, I do think it matters that you get enough proteins and that you e.g. get enough glucose in your bloodstream before you start working out, because that can really make the difference between having a good workout that makes you feel energized afterwards, and a bad workout with no progress afterwards that'll leave you feeling like shit.

And then I also suspect that eating more sugary stuff later in the day makes you (or at least me) sleep worse, etc

So I do think there really is a lot more to it... Maybe a lot of it is overkill for a lot of people, but I still want to know about it, and I think a lot of it still applies to normal people who want to build strength/hypertrophy as fast as possible.
>>
>>36842784
Also he's programmer by trade (is he?) but his website looks archaic and he can't edit videos properly.
>>
>>36842805
>health
>meat
kek
>>
>>36842904
I think all he's ever said is "engineer", which could be just about anything. He's probs been retired for a while now tho

But also, most types of programming are not directly related to webdesign, and most programmers could not make an aesthetic looking website for shit.
>>
>>36842904
Do you want content or a pretty website? Srs!
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.