[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /fit/ think of 24 Hour Fitness?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 24HourFitness.jpg (27 KB, 780x224) Image search: [Google]
24HourFitness.jpg
27 KB, 780x224
What does /fit/ think of 24 Hour Fitness?
>>
I don't think of it.
>>
Any gym with squat racks, benches, and reasonably heavy dumbbells is good enough
>>
Here right now. It's close to me, has good amenities. Doesn't discourage loud noises or chalk use and is open whenever I need it. My biggest issue with the one I go to is that the plates are 12 sided which makes deadlifting a little annoying and there are only 2 squat racks and 3 benches in the entire gym. Overall, I like it and for the price ($27) I can't complain too much.
>>
GOAT gym
>>
Not bad for the price, they have everything you need
>>
The good:
The price

The bad:
There's only 1 squat rack and 1 power cage, and they're usually occupied by curl bros.
Old people get in the way constantly and get dangerously close when you're doing delicate lifts.
Plenty of posers are there just to talk and try to stop everyone else's workouts.
>>
The price is like 45 per month here in Houston.

They have bumper plates for deadlifting here though
>>
>>36842373
wtf, do you go to my gym?
>>
>>36842713
Let's meet up senpai
>>
>>36842373
>only 2 squat racks and 3 benches in the entire gym.

This right here is why commercial gyms suck. I bet they have 40 useless machines on the floor though.
>>
>>36842713
$18 / mo for all sport. Still nothing on the sweet $20 / yr deal that all my Chinese friends seem to have. Pass by Galleria Richmond sometime. I need a shower buddy.
>>
>>36844737
those 40 useless machines keep the tards at bay tho
>>
i went to one for about 2 years in NW Portland, OR and it was a smoking deal for the area

no complaints
>>
>>36842049
are they even officially a gym anymore? in AZ every location got bought out by LA Fitness, I just assumed it happened nationwide
>>
I pay 35 a month here in so cal
There is only 1 squat rack and 1 power cage
I go early in the morning and I'll occupy the power cage for 2 hours
>>
30 dollars a month for a gym in Orange County, has fine amenities, though I wish they'd get rid of the smith machine and put in another power cage.

Strangely though, I went to look at a large version to upgrade it goes Active->Super Sport->Ultra Sport I'm lowest tier of course, but the bigger one had one less power rack despite the weight area being about 4 times larger than the one at the Active I go to.

A lot of it was taken up with some crossfit cage bullshit. I thought maybe I could use it as a substitute but they didn't even have holes in them for pegs and shit so it was basically an open square for pull ups? About 8 of them in a row.

Fucking crossfit.
>>
>>36845045
>though I wish they'd get rid of the smith machine and put in another power cage.

More people use the smith machine than anything else. They'd probably get rid of power cage before that.

That's messed up about the crossfit cages though. Why is it so hard for gyms to just stock up on power cages? They'd get so many more dedicated members.
>>
>>36845045
Ayy another OC
>>
>>36845594
Probably though I find the cages always full whenever I go. Most of the time, but I do go later and there seems to be other actual lifters using them.

The crossword cages make no fucking sense though, it was busy when I went to check out the gym and none of them being used, there was 8 of them looked brand fucking new so maybe they're used only for the biweekly crossfit classes?

Such fucking bullshit.

>>36847031
Ayy, where you out familia?
>>
File: 1385916157116.jpg (13 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1385916157116.jpg
13 KB, 250x250
>>36844827
>not going to the based 24 at San Felipe and Voss

i shiggy diggy lad
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.