[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /lift to hide their autism/ here? It works right? If I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 11
File: bigboywojak.png (22 KB, 511x511) Image search: [Google]
bigboywojak.png
22 KB, 511x511
Who /lift to hide their autism/ here?

It works right?
If I'm jacked no one cares that I'm awkwardly quiet around others and maybe they will even see my behaviors as alpha as in he doesn't even give a fuck r-right?
>>
File: 1455628716015.jpg (30 KB, 514x914) Image search: [Google]
1455628716015.jpg
30 KB, 514x914
>>36840831
I'm pretty sure that's the reason that all of /fit/ lifts for.
>>
File: 30452531.jpg (130 KB, 901x717) Image search: [Google]
30452531.jpg
130 KB, 901x717
>>
Yeah I lift to wrap my autism up in comfortable muscle. Now instead of people thinking I'm quiet because I'm a timid nerd they think I'm ignoring them because I'm an aloof asshole.
>>
>>36840838
Literally me.
>>
>>36841278
fuck those feels

>everyone assumes you slay pussy left right and center because you're decent looking and fairly big
>take your lack of confidence and introverted nature to mean you're an aloof asshole
>actually 22 and a KV
>>
That's pretty much me except i am awkwardly lucky and have chameleon'd people who are super alpha. So I can sometimes not sperg.
This isn't one of those times.

>This morning
>Drive to work and pay attendant
>Attendant greets me
>I start to say sup
>Lose my words for some reason
>Try to catch it and form it into a hello
>Between s in sup and h in hello is a gargle noise
>Mfw i gargled at the parking attendant

No matter how much I lift I'll always be DYEL and autistic. I have retard exchanges every day.
>>
>Recovered fatty
>Nothings changed
>Well, now if I go out clubbing instead of being essentially ignored, People will start conversations with me way more often & I get hit on pretty often
>Essentially have just gained many more social opportunites to be completely autistic
>Either that or a girl will be hitting on me, having looked at me and thought aha, there's chad!. But I'm not, and don't worry, after talking to me for 10 minutes she'll realize this and say 'well it was nice meeting you anon, bye'.
>tfw try and confide in like my one close friend that I'm a virgin, legit will not believe me.
>>
>>36841516
It's really difficult to talk to people in clubs because I can't read everything they do/the music pounds through my body so hard I can't think. How do you do it?
>>
File: 1459204617546.gif (4 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1459204617546.gif
4 MB, 480x360
>>36841399
>fittest out of all my friends
>been complimented on my gains by friends, family, co-workers and random people at the gym
>friends think I get pussy like mad
>jokes on them though, I'm still a 24 yr old kv who just happens to be able to do over 1/2/3/4 for reps

Just fucking end me. Lifting doesn't cure spaghetti when it comes to trying to ask out women. The moment they show interest I start trying to get out of the conversation because I'm so afraid. I can't fucking take it anymore
>>
File: 1460944730801.png (444 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
1460944730801.png
444 KB, 1080x720
>>36841606
>>36841516
Its alright brehs, someday we'll make it. We just need to believe
>>
>make effort to say something to five girls a day ('nice hair', 'hello', 'like your shoes')
>say something to five girls for 4 weeks straight
>5 people + 7 days a week = 35 x 4 weeks = 140 people

you will not have social anxiety after doing that.

plus don't ya'll gain a little amount of confidence with all the fitness you doing?

just like lifting weights, everything requires repetition.
>>
>>36841372
>Now instead of people thinking I'm quiet because I'm a timid nerd they think I'm ignoring them because I'm an aloof asshole

I actually prefer people thinking I'm an asshole.
>>
>>36841606
Why do you even care? All you should want is getting stronger.
>>
>>36842221
>approach girl
>"n-nice hair... like your s-shoes"
>???

you're still autistic m8
>>
>>36842274
yes, maybe on the first 20 girls. you will naturally learn a few things from the 20 and the 21st girl you say 'nice shoes' to says 'hey i like your shoes too'

>next level

cmon son, everything is relative. you don't start curling an 80lb bar bell, you start with the 40lb until you do enough curls to hit the 80lb.

saying something, even awkward, is still saying something. you slowly get rid of that anxiety until you're confident enough to approach with a smile.
>>
>>36841278
>those little hands
Kek
>>
File: 1460851154556.png (20 KB, 794x405) Image search: [Google]
1460851154556.png
20 KB, 794x405
>>36842337
I present to you the mystery of anxiety and confidence.
>>
>>36842337
Could you go into more detail here. You just randomly shout "hi, nice shoes!" to a girl? Let's just pretend that I'm autistic and need the small things explained to me
>>
>>36842740
If he says that and gets positive feedback he is attractive. If you are attractive there is literally anything you can say to a girl and you will get positive feedback.

Look at this picture for reference >>36842668
>>
>>36842668
>>36842849
the point is the perceive yourself as attractive!
i've seen 300lb dudes hollering at chicks with no care cause they think they hot.

and the context of that picture is 'he said hi to me again' which clearly shows he has had multiple interactions with her and has been nothing but bland.

you're supposed to converse with random girls to build confidence and get rid of social anxiety, not necessarily to get the number.

>>36842740
just walking down the street and you catch eyes with a girl, just say hello.
if someone is walking by and you notice they have bright hair just mention 'hey i like your hair' in passing. you don't need to have her standing next to you to say something.
>>
>>36840831
Yeah bro. Also faking confidence until it became reality.

It's amazing what gainz can do. I was friendzoned by this chick for years, we ended up going to the same uni together. She was well aware of my awkwardness, hence the friendzone, plus i'm a manlet. I started lifting over holidays, made pretty impressive gains, the second she saw me again she freaked out and I fucked her a week later.

>gainz masks everything
>>
>>36842668
Honestly, as a man, you're going to have to accept the inevitable fact you're going to be someone's Ted. It shouldn't prevent you from trying to be someone else's Chad (or Bill).
>>
why does /fit/ have no self confidence? Get out of the gym and go talk to random women
>>
>>36841278

this is me kek
>>
>>36841372

This.
quiet+ugly
>nerd
quiet+fit
>asshole
>>
>>36843285
How's that bad?
Girls love assholes, even if it's just for ons and such
>>
>>36843302

Didn't say it was bad. I've been living option B for a few years now.
Girls will still deem you unapproachable, but at least some are still be attracted to you.
>>
"Breakups make the most bodybuilders"

This was how I began, like some of you might have. I began to lift because I was bored and spending too much time being critical and having depressive tendencies which were certainly aggravated by my breakup. I wondered what was wrong with me, and why I had settled into the mediocrity which I found had surrounded me as a result of my complacency.

Soon after I had begun to realize the source of this complacency, it was my lack of commitment, I had been cynical of any effort I made to become a better person, because you're surrounded by people who will knock you for being a try-hard. I've been lifting for about 7 months, 4 religiously, on a PPL program because I already had a strong base from playing rugby. Sticking to a set of exercises, and observing, and tracking progress, and pushing past your goals is the most important thing you can do with lifting. You have never lived until you see the merits of your hard work in the mirror. You begin to see this affect your relationships as well. People know you for your hardwork, for your discipline and there is a respect for these virtues that can't be matched.

I went from "that goofy chubby guy, that sometimes makes awkward jokes" to "that strong guy who has taken the reigns on his life". My friends, close and distant have told me this in some approximation.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 480x270
>>36843572
>>
>>36843572
(Cont.)
So here's why I lift. You become disciplined, you become aware of yourself and how you present yourself to others, for some this makes you nervous and self conscious, but for some this awareness is how you become alpha. I used to go to the bar, and try chatting up some chick, and she'd most likely reject me. Here are a few tips based on my most recent successes:
-Never go to a bar alone (Failure to comply will make you look like a fucking weirdo)
-Decide what part of you you want the girl to remember, preferably a hobby, a cool one if possible, I use rugby as mine. Having a set identity makes you more memorable, and more relatable. (This step is fucking key, as being confident in your identity makes you so attractive to girls)
-Bring at least one female friend (This makes it easier to bring a female into your group, makes them feel more comfortable).
-Buy a round of shots for your table plus an extra, then make eye contact with the girl you want and hold up the extra. She says no, big deal, shrug, take both shots, and try the next girl. (Don't be the thirsty weirdo that offers everyone a drink though)
-If this works, you'll all be around, and start playing some bullshit game like 2 truths 1 lie. Ask her about herself and what things she's into (Her line of work, her hobbies, her major, why she chose all of these, girls love to talk about themselves, do your best to seem interested)
-WAIT UNTIL LAST CALL
-Tell the group that you can keep drinking at your place, or find an excuse for the girl to come back to yours.
-If she agrees, you're good to go, make some small talk, grab her leg, if she doesn't react negatively, keep your hand there and maybe draw some circles with your finger while you keep chatting
-When it gets quiet, you look over at her, pull her chin so she's facing you, and you kiss her.
>>
>>36843733
Things to keep in mind, you want to seem relaxed, but happy and interested. Never nervous, and maintain solid eye contact with anyone that you talk to.

This is a tried and true formula, and if you want ladies and more friends, this is going to grant you that.

I wish the best to all of you, just know that you are miles ahead in the club scene and dating game if you lift, and if you have any semblance of confidence in your identity. You have discipline, you have focus, and you have drive all granted to you by your commitment to improving yourself physically, that will be naturally attractive to women.

Cheers.
>>
>>36841606
Same but not a kv only been with one grill and it was a mistake and I broke it off after a week. I don't lack confidence I just don't find any women around me as something I'd like to be around. Most of them are annoying attention whores and he ones who aren't are ugly as shit. Currently getting over oneitis.
>>
>>36843778
I'm sold
>>
File: lordfabio.png (208 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
lordfabio.png
208 KB, 270x270
>>36840831
It doesn't work.

You either stay as a autist or end up as a loud and abnoxious autist.
Who lives by the autism dies by the autism.
>>
>>36841467
>out walking my parents' dog
>a woman drives up to me and asks me if i've seen her lost dog
>tell her i'll keep an eye out
>as she's driving away she says, "have a nice walk"
>i say, "thanks, you too."
>>
>>36843265
>why do people who spend so much time on an american anime imageboard that they know all of its inside jokes have difficulty taking to the opposite sex face to face
>>
File: 1448403388101.jpg (60 KB, 561x552) Image search: [Google]
1448403388101.jpg
60 KB, 561x552
>>36840831
The problem is, I get extra autistic when I lift.

>be at college gym
>almost done, just a few more sets
>qt i know walks past me
>see her in the mirror
>she takes out one earphone
>i look fucking red and sweaty (doing ohp)
>i try to look away and grab the bar so i hope she doesn't start talking
>"anon, are you feeling okay?"
>already had the bar
>"AAAAAHH, NO!" I screamed
>I push the bar as hard as I can
>see her with a weird smirk on her face and puts her earphone back in
>look in the mirror and see a few people staring at me because I screamed
>>
>>36846636
>"anon, are you feeling okay?"
>"AAAAAHH, NO!" I screamed

Thanks, made me kek.
>>
>>36843778
>eye contact
This is the problem I have. I meet all the other criteria you've listed, but maintaining eye-contact for a period of more that 2 seconds is a struggle for me.

Any tips for improving that?
>>
File: thumbnail_34712.jpg (52 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_34712.jpg
52 KB, 400x300
>>36841606
this is me but im almost 27, kill me pls
>>
>>36840831
I lift for Jesus
>>
>>36848222
I was the guy that posted the feature length novels, I usually chew gum so I don't just look like I'm sitting there fixated on them, other than that, when you talk to your friends, look them in the eyes, it shows good manners, and makes people trust you a little more. They'll automatically think you're more interested in what they're saying, and be more likely to carry the conversation instead of making you do it.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.