[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
any other /fit/izens get the dreaded mouth herpes? How do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: herps.jpg (36 KB, 342x198) Image search: [Google]
herps.jpg
36 KB, 342x198
any other /fit/izens get the dreaded mouth herpes? How do you stop an outbreak in its early stages?
>>
>that guy who lifted for girls
>>
Since I was a kid. You can get antivirals which work well. 60-80% of people have the virus, but some are asymptomatic.
>>
>>36828050
Use to get them 3-4 times a year now i only get them once every 2 years.
>when you feel a tingle put ice on it
i found it works better than the creams that are made to prevent them
>l-lysine is goat for them
>>
>>36828119
In my experience the creams help a lot.
First tingle, put cream on it and never, NEVER touch it again. Most of the times it is almost invinsible.
>>
Supplement L-Lysine 500mg per day until its gone. Eventually they stop coming out.

I used to predict it when the rim of my mouth got dry. Took a pill and it never unfolded.

Havnt had coldsores in years now and i bought all these pills.
>>
I use Desitin (max strength, like 40% ZnO). Doc recommended it to my mom like 20 years ago.

All my cold sores are gone within 3 days. They scab by day 2.

I dunno why people don't know about this more desu.
>>
>>36828050
I get it about every 3 months or so, the best thing you can do is prevent the outbreak in the first place. Wash your face regularly and keep your immune system high i.e. lots of fruits and shit
Once it starts developing there's really nothing you can do about a cold sore, you could buy some creams at a drug store that dry it out and make it go away faster, but other than that, there's not really much
>>
>>36828050
Never had it
>>
>>36828050
you cut it off, drink a glass of whiskey and wait it out.
>>
when you start feeling it dont lick, push your lips together or touch it.

will go away in 1 or 2 days
you can also dry it with alcohol
>>
File: 36932011_0_640x640.jpg (49 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
36932011_0_640x640.jpg
49 KB, 640x640
>>36828050
I get this fairly regularly. As soon a sI feel a little tingle and see a red bump, i put one of these patches on it. they are basically invisiable. I leave it on during work, gym etc and change maybe 2 times a day and within 2 days the coldsore is gone.

8/10 would recommend. They dont work if the cold sore blister has already burst though
>>
>>36828050
is it a guaranteed breakout? i've had sex with girls that had this type of herpes but i've never had anything myself. is it just dormant forever?
>>
File: dream_01a9762e51.jpg (35 KB, 400x346) Image search: [Google]
dream_01a9762e51.jpg
35 KB, 400x346
Tfw own mom gave you mouth herps
>>
File: 62718981782.jpg (38 KB, 736x629) Image search: [Google]
62718981782.jpg
38 KB, 736x629
Does anyone know how contagious this shit really is?

> kissless, germaphobic virgin up until 23
> meet a nice, traditional girl, 19 years old, through a friend of a friend (I know her background well enough)
> she's shy and reserved, introverted, not at all the outgoing party slut type; if I didn't know any better I'd never have guessed she wasn't a virgin
> two past sex partners

Neither one of us have ever had any symptoms of HSV-1/2 (or any other STD for that matter), but I know that both her and my own dad get outbreaks of cold sores.
Now the fucked up part about herpes is that some people go their whole lives never showing any symptoms, and can still shed the virus and pass it on.

We've kissed and had sex (with a condom), and I'm always super fucking careful not to have any cuts in my skin or mouth that might come into contact with someone elses body fluids, but I'm still really paranoid about contracting it.
>>
>>36830561

Iktf, had cold sores since I was a kid and I was handholdless until I was 19, fucking normie parents poisoning me from an early age.
>>
>>36828050
Stop sucking so much cock then.
>>
>>36830909
Well, you're doing what you should be doing to lower your risk, but unfortunately HSV is pretty damn prevalent (meaning, the odds of getting it only increase as you get older, namely because of exactly what you talked about: people not showing symptoms). Hell, I've heard of some cities and areas that don't bother testing for it anymore unless if you do show symptoms due to the prevalence of it.

Granted, this is all anecdotal, but just realize that practicing every method of safe sex possible still don't protect you 100%. Not that you should be stupid and catch something, but just prepare yourself mentally in case someone decides to lie about their health or past.
>>
>>36830521
This. Works like a charm
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.