[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Confused on Where to Start
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Lost.jpg (20 KB, 350x410) Image search: [Google]
Lost.jpg
20 KB, 350x410
Level with me /fit/:
>On the way to 350 lb
>Need to lose weight as luck is running dry
>Don't know how I can still move and walk around.
Aside from cutting out fast food and soda, how would I know if my body went into 'starvation mode'? Or would it even matter for me?
>>
>>36823997
Figure out how many calories you need each day to maintain, then take about 500 off for weight loss. Start counting calories. Don't go below 1,200 calories/day. Use My Fitness Pal, if you're not sure where to begin.
>>
>>36824023
I've gotten a result of 4k+ calories...something about that doesn't sit right with me...
>>
>>36824023
Not OP, but I'm also trying to lose weight. My calculations thing said I should take 1800 counting the -500 deficit

I was regularly eating 1000-1300, without really starving. Just started eating a ton of greens and chicken breast with marinara and cheese and skipped breakfast.

Is this the wrong way to do it?

I'm 1,82/93kg whatever that is in usa metrics.
>>
>>36824081
Jesus Christ, how much are you consuming every day? Still, unless you want loose skin, go slow and steady. Start out slow so that you can progress over time. When you start losing weight, and you update it on MFP, it will adjust the amount of calories you need. Over time, it will get smaller. But if you're not worried about loose skin, or you don't care, just try to stick to about 2,000 to start with. Don't drink your calories either.
>>
>>36824124
>I was regularly eating 1000-1300, without really starving.
You need a certain amount of calories per day just to function normally. That doesn't include what you need for exercise. You may lose weight faster, but that's not really good for you (and may make it difficult to lose weight.) The lowest I'll go is 1,200, but I'm a 5' tall female.
>>
>>36824147
Yeah...

I really need to count. ._.

Also, would working a job in the service industry part time, where I am on my feet most of the time still put me at a sedentary lifestyle?
>>
>>36824184
>Also, would working a job in the service industry part time, where I am on my feet most of the time still put me at a sedentary lifestyle?
It can. A lot of people overestimate how many calories they burn, instead of using an app like Pacer, and that can keep you from losing weight. I always have Pacer on and my phone in my pocket. I'm a cake decorator, but a big chunk of my job is running around (about 10k steps/day minimum) and lifting freight. I know Pacer can't really track how much you burn lifting (I don't know of an app that can do it accurately) but I can at least track my steps. With 10k, I tend to burn about 400. A coworker thought she had about the same amount of activity, and was eating the 400 cal. until she actually downloaded the app for herself. She's still considered sedentary and never goes over 5k steps.
>>
>>36824184
if you're almost 350, you definitely have a mostly sedentary lifestyle.

you are going to drop the soda right? fast food won't kill you, just skip the soda and fries. what else do you eat in a day? focus on making smarter choices.

oh and read the fucking sticky
>>
>>36824288
>fast food won't kill you, just skip the soda and fries
I second this. I still eat fast food about once a week, but I always make sure to drink water or unsweetened tea with my meal. When you actually cut soda out of your life, and you try it again, you'll wonder why the fuck you ever drank it in the first place. It's disgusting.
>>
>>36823997
>how would I know if my body went into 'starvation mode'?

You have a mental illness if you think "starvation mode" matters to you. You sound like you don't lift and are obese, so losing muscle mass from starvation mode isn't really a concern.

Why you would think it's a concern when you don't lift, is beyond me.

I'm 6'2" and when I lost like 75 lbs, I just went straight to keto on 1800 to 2200 calories a day with no exercise other than walking around at work.
>>
>>36823997
This is how you loose weight.

Step 1: Shut your mouth. Stop putting calorie dense shit into it.
Step 2: Walk. Just walk.
>>
>>36824184
>>36824288
>>36824325

Okay. Thank you all for the help. I made this thread because I am an anomaly that by all means according to medical science, should not be as well off as I am. Height can only add on so little weight to the ideal amount after all.

Last question before I go make myself something, does regular, unsweetened tea, say one I steep myself, work as a good stand-in for some of the sweeter drinks, say orange juice?
>>
>>36824407
unsweetened tea is awesome. i drink close to a half gallon of it a day. it's super low calorie and gives a nice little energy boost.
>>
>>36824407
sugar is addicting, just cut it out and in a week or 2, you won't miss sweet things.
>>
>>36824407
>Last question before I go make myself something, does regular, unsweetened tea, say one I steep myself, work as a good stand-in for some of the sweeter drinks, say orange juice?
I drink about 8 glasses of unsweetened earl grey every day, in addition to water. You'll get used to it not being sweet while still having a nice flavor. And when you're not constantly shoving sweet things into your mouth, your tastebuds will adjust. You won't require as much for something to taste sweet. The things you previously drank, like soda and fruit juice, will taste way too sweet.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.