[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does fit take in to account the weight of the clips when assessing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
Does fit take in to account the weight of the clips when assessing your 1RM? I didn't think it was important until after I tried to unrack my weights after my 1RP for OHP and I could barely take the clips off.

So now, my 1RM are this:

OHP: 75 lbs + clips
Bench: 1 pl8 + clips
Squat: 200 + clips
DL: 2 pl8 + clips
>>
>>36821685
If you always use clips week why bother counting it?
>>
>>36821685
Do you lift the clips?yes?then you count them
>>
File: 1436530274461.png (211 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
1436530274461.png
211 KB, 327x316
>>36821685
>he fell for the 'using clips' meme
>>
>>36821685
That'll be 125 pounds, plus clips.
>>
Does /fit/ subtract the weight from the holes on the plates from their 1rm?
>>
>>36821685
>clips
They're magazines
>>
>>36821786

>pl8 weight doesn't take into account holes
>>
how much do clips weigh? i think the ones in OPs pic are like a pound may a pound and a half but if you have the silver ones that you squeeze those are less
>>
File: 1363335599794.jpg (32 KB, 259x274) Image search: [Google]
1363335599794.jpg
32 KB, 259x274
>>36821685
Of course. You take into account the bar so obviously you should take the clips into account as well.

The real question is if you take the particular weight of every pl8 into account. some plates have more rubber than others from wear and tear, so it's hardly acceptable to just consider every pl8 45 lbs. That's why once a week I ask the person at the desk to take some plates home as to calculate their exact weight. At first they seem hesitant, but they usually cave after I implore them to reconsider. Once I get home I create a function to represent each individual plate and use a tripple integral to find the volume. After finding the approximate density and volume, of the rubber, I can deduce the specific density of this particular pl8 and then calculate its true weight. Afterwards I return the plate to the rack and prepare next weeks calculation (you have to calculate their weight every week because it usually goes down slightly every week)
>>
Does fit take into account dents/chips on the plate when assessing your 1RM
>>
You probably count the bar too, don't you
>>
No. Wtfff
>>
>>36821820
Why not just use the scale they have at a gym?
>>
>>36821844

A U T I S M
U
T
I
S
M

thats why
>>
Only competition clips get counted, which are 5 lbs total.
>>
>>36821844
what if the scale is wrong anon? It'd just be another thing I have to take home and measure.
>>
>>36821862
bring standardised calibration weights, doo
>>
>>36821786
How are you that retarded?
>>
>>36821802
>>36822740
REDDIT GET THE FUCK OUT
THIS USED TO BE A NICE BOARD WHERE PEOPLE COULD SHITPOST IN PEACE
BUT NOW YOU FAGGOTS RUIN EVERYTHING
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.