[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Knee grinding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: knee.jpg (35 KB, 493x335) Image search: [Google]
knee.jpg
35 KB, 493x335
When I put my hand on my kneecap I can feel it grinds when I contract my quads. Tough it doesnt grind when I do leg extensions.

I can do all lifts without pain and knee never cracks or pops.
I'm just worried that lifting could trigger some medical conditions.

Someone with experience on this?
>>
Bumpy bump
>>
Do you stretch? If not do that, especially hip flexors, hammies and IT band.

- Dr. Phil
>>
File: image.jpg (480 KB, 449x644) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
480 KB, 449x644
>>36821250
D O C T O R if you truly want the best opinion. have patellar problems and have to wear support for squats but i am not on my bone yet. will be going on hydrocortisone later in life
>>
>>36821816
I've been stretching daily for 8 weeks. My legs lacked a lot of flexibility. They are much better now. I wasn't able to squat with good form before.

>>36821890
Your problem is the cartilage on the patella? How much do you squat? Break parallel? Low reps?

I have suspicions my problem is the cartilage, I'm 21 :(
Already have an appointment with a doctor.
>>
I had this problem. My outer muscle in my quads were pulling harder than my inner muscles. To fix it when I was at home like in front of a computer I would put a tennis ball between my legs and gently hold it working the inmer muscles.
>>
>>36822227
Did the grinding go away?
>>
>>36821250
Put your hand over a bicep, then flex it as hard as you can, and try to bend and raise the arm from the elbow.
It will feel like it's grinding. That's how muscles work. You aren't exploding your knees, humans are a little tougher than that.
>>
>>36822501

yea, but you might have to work the opposing muscles as your inner muscles might be tight

The grinding for me was the muscles being stronger literally was moving the kneecap outwards, not really visably though
>>
VMO strengthening i guess
>>
your quads may be a little tight, in which case you could probably mash your vmo and IT band and see some benefit, but pain is the guide for this stuff. If it doesn't hurt, don't fix it because you're just apt to overcompensate and fuck something up unintentionally
>>
>>36824236
this
>>
Similar... I had mild-moderate sharp knee pain @ pic related. Might go see a doc, but I'm sure he'll order MRI and those are expensive. So I'll ask 4chan.

Can trigger the pain if I get on the balls of my feet and press (like if I push on the pegs of my motorcycle to reposition), or if I get up from a sitting position by squatting on the balls of my feet... or if I squat a2g, relax my tension, then try to squat back up it hurts.

Feels a little better when I massage with my thumbs or lacrosse ball. Able to relieve some of the pain by wearing a strap on patellar ligament... but the pain feels more lateral than right there on the ligament. My fear is torn ACL... hope it's just irritated.
>>
File: Untitled.png (344 KB, 432x500) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
344 KB, 432x500
>>36824883
>>
>>36824883
I'm not an expert but... I really doubt it is a torn ACL. I've read a lot of knee injuries, and people with torn ligaments simply cant walk or put any kind of pressure on the knee. Also torn ligaments are a instantaneous injury (a sudden crack is heard and thats it) instead of a gradual injury (pain slowly increases from low to high over a period of time, (days, weeks or months).
>>
>>36824883

sounds like patellar tendonitis fampai, just rest and stretch the quad
>>
>>36825159
Not true, I could run 10km daily some week after a torn ACL. If it's just the ACL you mainly see a lack of stability in some special positions. The thing is when the ACL is torn it's usually a lot of other things that break at the same time.
You can play football on professional level without the ACL.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.