[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Food Poisoning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: food_poisoning.jpg (84 KB, 600x551) Image search: [Google]
food_poisoning.jpg
84 KB, 600x551
Sup /fit/

I ate a Burger King last night and have projectile vommitted and shit for 12 hours straight.

How do you deal with this shit? I have been trying to drink water but it just comes back up.

I'd say I've drank 3 litres of water today and puked up every time.

Anything you can do to minimise damage to gains or is it a case of puking / shitting until the virus is out?
>>
Pedialyte
>>
Coconut water w/ pulp
>>
Ondansetron. You can probably get an OTC generic of it, if not ask your pharmacy for zofran.
>>
File: 9096726.jpg (26 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
9096726.jpg
26 KB, 400x462
>I ate at burger King last night

Stopped reading right there. You're never gonna make it.
>>
Inject water

Nah but wait it out. If not keeping down water/spit in another 4-8 hrs then ER
>>
>>36819427
What exactly did you eat? And how long after eating did the symptoms appear?
>>
>>36819427
You have food poisoning, dude. You'll be okay. You should be able to keep water down soon.
>>
>>36820244

Bacon Double Cheeseburger - symptoms came around 7 hours later, started with nausea, went to lie down and then ran to projectile vomit which lasted 12 hours of continuous puking and shitting my guts out.

I haven't puked for a few hours so gonna try and eat some soup / toast now.

>>36820194

I am never going to eat there again m8
>>
Diarrhea and vomiting causes you to lose electrolytes -> body doesnt want to absorb plain water because it would dilute your electrolytes even more -> you womit that water out.

Mix some cheap sports drink packets that include sugar and electrolytes to your water and drink that. Or drink sugar pepsi / coca cola.
>>
>Burger King
Enjoy particles of Pedro's/Pajeet's shit in your food.
>>
>>36819427
I had this occur last month, it was really bad I didn't eat entirely for almost 3 fucking days. While you're suffering, a few things to note:

Skip the gym, don't even fucking try it, if you can barely keep water down you're not going to be able to lift anything, let alone recover from the workouts properly, rest at home.

When reintroducing food, eat BRAT (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast). Not fantastically nutritional, but its really easy on the stomache. Soup goes well if you can. You probably won't be hitting your macros, you're on damage control, just eat what you can. Try drinking protein shakes if you can, (if you got a blender, chopped up bananas, sugar, and whey works a treat) but don't be surprised if you have to hit the shitter not long later, diary didn't agree with me for awhile.

Despite this setback I deloaded 10%~ish for most my lift and I was back on track in a couple of weeks. Don't look in the mirror, you'll feel deflated as fuck, trust me when I say its temporary, and probably mostly lost water retention. Rest up and only hit it hard when you are 100% again.
>>
>>36821068

>Skip the gym

Dude, if I tried to pick up a 10lb dumbbell I'd probably shit myself (being 100% serious)

Gonna try reintroducing food with rice and stuff.

Tried eating some grapes earlier and puked them back up.

Gonna try protein tomorrow, taking the day off work.

Its fun knowing I ate someone elses fecal matter.
>>
>>36819427

I had food poisoning like this last year. I couldn't keep down a single glass of water on top of feeling like absolute shit. The last thing I wanted was to get dehydrated on top of it and pass out and die. I just went to the doctor and got an IV.
>>
Could you sue BK for that
>>
>>36819427
tfw just recovering from my food poisioning
don't worry OP, we're gonna make it
alternated between shitting brown water and puking for about as long as you
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.