[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/ I have a sizable imbalance in my muscles between the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: aux.jpg (450 KB, 935x1013) Image search: [Google]
aux.jpg
450 KB, 935x1013
Hey /fit/
I have a sizable imbalance in my muscles between the left and right side of my body. What can I do to fix it?

Pic related, my issue is worse than this.
>>
>>36817407
You're right hand dominant, aren't you?

Just work out your left side more. Add a few reps.
>>
>>36817407
is hard to imagine... Picture me rollin!
>>
>>36817471
I GOT KEEEEEEES CUMMIN FRUM OVERRRR CCEEEEEEES
>>
>>36817407
that's called 'having slightly different insertions'
to fix, go back in time and get different parents
>>
>>36817447
Yeah, I am.
My routine has a lot of barbell exercises, so I can't easily do more reps on my left side without changing my routine. The main problem areas from what I can see are my shoulders and my lats. What split excercises can I do for those?
>>
>>36817535
I don't think that's the issue, as the muscles attach at the same places on either side. It's simply the size that's different.
>>
>>36817542
>My routine has a lot of barbell exercises
That's why.
Nothing wrong with barbell exercises. The freedom and range of motion is great. The problem is that it's easy to compensate one side.
For example, you might lean a bit more or kipp a bit when you lift with the left side.

Honestly, you can keep doing what you're doing. Just add a few more reps to your left side, or lower the weight overall to keep things even.

As for specific workouts for that, I'd suggest upright bar rows. I love them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amCU-ziHITM
>>
>>36817407
what i did was stopped trying to increase weight as much as possible
i then started focusing on balancing my lifts evenly between each side
it helped but i didnt realize how much i was using my right side all my life has made everything disproportionate
when you work out now give extra attention to your left side of the body
>started to be able to do lap spread
>left lap noticeably smaller than right
>doing pull ups notice i use my right side for everything from controling swing to doing like 80% of the pull up
>now pull up i look to my left and aim to have right side follow instead of lead upwards

im still in the progess of fixing the disproportion lats but im seeing improvement compare to before how huge my right lat was to my left
>>
>>36817407
I have too so I try to do some extra reps on my weak side, with which I hope to compensate it on the mid-long term.

But hey, you look good, none will look at you and be able to see that except some autist, like us. It's fine.
>>
THERE

IS

NOTHING

SIZABLE

ABOUT

YOU
>>
>>36817749
Fuck im left handed and this makes sense. My entire left side feels stronger, even when I squat I can definitely feel my right leg lacking for some reason.
>>
>>36819310
>Everyone who's not a bearmode strongman competitor ball of lard is a dyel

I'm so tired of this shit
Not even in an angry way
Just tired
>>
>>36819310
>spot the person who has been 100% cucked by the fitness industry.

That's a fantastic body, compared to the average. Even in it's own right.
>>
>>36817407
i have kind of wide hips + scoliosis and it looks a little worse than that, imo you have to train your core hard to make it less noticable at least.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.