[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it possible to fix this forward head posture? has any of you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: ForwardHdEv.jpg (99 KB, 305x283) Image search: [Google]
ForwardHdEv.jpg
99 KB, 305x283
is it possible to fix this forward head posture? has any of you done it? how?
>>
>>36815746
1. Lift your shoulders up, roll them back, lower back to normal height
2. pull chin back
3. rotate your hips as if you're crunching your abs. Not too hard though!
>>
someone said neck curls
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/2l5eho/poor_posture_from_league_can_have_adverse_effects/
>>
>>36815746
I think training upper back/traps has helped my posture quite a lot friendo
>>
>>36815746
You need one of this. My spine is terrible, and I have decided to buy this a few weeks ago. The progress is amazing. It hurts like hell though.
You can make one from tennis balls taped together.
http://www.heechai.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/slider-image-duoball.jpg
>>
>>36816362
Can I insert this into my ass?
>>
>>36815746
youtube has a ton of videos on exercises to fix all kinds of posture issues.

Typically if you have 1 issue you usually have several like anterior pelvic tilt etc most likely routed in sitting at a desk all day.

Exercises can speed up the change to good posture but wont really change anything unless you make a consicious effort to stay in good posture while sitting, standing etc, basically at all times, which is a hard habit to get into but worth it.
>>
Incorporate some sets of facepulls after each workout. Focus here on perfect form before weight.
Get resistance bands and a foam roller. Do band pullaparts and thoratic extensions every day and make it a habit. Also do wall slides (google that).
>>
do overhead squats, really focus on sticking your chest out
>>
>>36815746
The best exercise to do when it isn't too bad/maintaining is to use a tumpline. You will naturally put your head and neck into perfect posture, plus muscle strengthening and all that.
>>
>>36819550
>tumpline
Thanks. I don't have the issue too bad, but it looks like fun.
>>
>>36815746
http://www.exrx.net/Kinesiology/Posture.html
>>
>>36815746
for the most part yes. tried with no luck for years -- crap off the internet, forums etc. no real help. hired a personal trainer from a good university and he knew his shit. have good posture now, and actually people think im taller lol -- also got gains/nutritional advice. best money i've ever spent.
>>
>>36815746
stay conscious of your posture and fix it when it starts to slip up
focus on strengthening your back muscles, thoracic spine especially as itll help pull things back
>>
>>36815746
take a palates class
>>
>strengthen back
>traps, delts, lats
>make a conscious effort to straighten your back when you notice you're slouched
>>
>>36816118
>linking to fucking reddit instead of posting a link that goes to the video directly
Kill yourself
>>
I am also trying right now, because i'm tired of my horrible posture dictating my life. Right now I'm trying something where I lay flat on the ground for like 30 minutes at a time with my arms at my side and thumbs facing away from me. The trick is to engage the muscles in the front of your neck while you are doing this by pressing your tongue into the roof of your mouth. You're going to feel all kinds of weird in the front of your neck and upper back the next day.

Yoga seems like it is helping too. Check out 30 days of of yoga with adrian on youtube.
>>
I'm currently doing this one (only started recently so can't speak to its effectiveness): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT_dFRnmdGs

Could someone who's done the above routine chime in on whether it's effective or not?
>>
>>36821811
stretching alone will do nothing
its good but you must remain conscious of your posture and strengthen weak muscles, in this case, the ones in your upper back
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.