[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So when did this "protein is overrated" meme start?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 1418056493881.png (198 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
1418056493881.png
198 KB, 550x535
So when did this "protein is overrated" meme start?

If you count your non-animal based protein in your 1 g/lbs or 1.8gxkg you are making absolutely no gains.
>>
>>36814532

Literal retard detected. Here's a bump and a (you) now fuck off.
>>
File: 1455304485683.jpg (137 KB, 1171x540) Image search: [Google]
1455304485683.jpg
137 KB, 1171x540
>>
>>36814532
"Protein" is a fucking myth. Chad's diet consists of beer and cold pizza yet he's more aesthetic than any of us.
>>
File: 1450146558191.jpg (51 KB, 400x323) Image search: [Google]
1450146558191.jpg
51 KB, 400x323
>>36814532
>>
Not sure if i feel for this meme or i am just low test....

Prolly both...
>>
>>36814532
I am a DYEL lankfag but I take 1g/kg of bodyweight (not lean body mass) now and it really helped on my main lifts.

Been taking whey for 2 weeks and it gave me 10 kgs on all main lifts (even though they are all shit still)

I'm guessing it is noob gains working finally. But it definitely helps.

Just needed to try it out.
>>
Protein is a myth
>>
>>36814740
1g/kg is nothing mate. usually you see 1g/lbs. try 1.5/kg minimum.
>>
>>36814740
If you are a beginner or on steroids, everything you will do works.
>>
>>36814796
Its enough for me so far ( and I don't want to spend too much money on whey).

Also, I may exceed that limit with food because I don't really count that accurately, just estimate it.
>>36814924
And what would be a time period after which protein does not work?
>>
It's peddled by poor-fags who want to feel like they don't need all that protein so it ended up with a circle jerk of poorfags saying how it doesn't matter. From my own experience, of being a poor-fat, would I stopped eating 200g+ protein, and went down to 100-150g, my strength stalled, size gains stalled. I went 100g and under, and I was literally losing LBM and strength slowly over-time.

Now Im back eating 200g+ protein per day and my strength and size is back and im slowly getting stronger again. I am a really really CHEAP fuck myself, so getting 200g+ protein pains me....I don't like it, but lowering it has negative effects on my body-composition, and I don't like spending all that effort lifting and getting worse body-composition just because I dont feel like spending money on extra protein.
>>
>>36814962
You don't even need whey, 1.5g/kg is ok to do with food alone. You're probably getting much more then you think, which is a good thing.

But hey, whatever works for you.
>>
>>36815001
whats your bw? whenever i exceed 2g/kg my piss goes all bubbly and shit
>>
>>36814532
Some poeple can synthesize protein more efficiently than others because genetics. There are lots of third world ripped niggers who only ate carbs their whole life.
>>
>>36815001
Unless you're 6'4+ you dont need 200g, but I agree with you still.

0.8g per lean bodymass (in pounds) is enough, and anyone only getting 0.5g (most people) will see gains in strength and size without changing anything other than diet.
>>
>>36815082
I guarantee you every 1st world male who works labour would look the same if they weren't overweight. Ripped is just a matter of bodyfat.
>>
>>36815049
I don't think body-weight matters that much, it's more so an individual thing. I am a manlet, 5'7 and 76kg @ 10% bodyfat, after 6 years lifting. Lifts are advanced level with abs.

Here's my protein intake story.

When I first started lifting I consumed 200g+ protein per day. I made really great gains etc. I did this for 3 years straight. Then I started toying with my protein. I went down to 150g per day, I didn't lose gains, but my strength started stalling very hard. Because I didn't lose muscle gains at 150g protein, I decided to drop it even lower, to <100g per day. THAT's when I started seeing changes in body-composition and my strength actually began regressing over-time, like my progressive overload was going in reverse, and I was actually looking less muscular and full and fatter, at the same body weight. After about 6 months of <100g protein per day I had lost like 20% off all my lifts, even though I was at the same bodyweight, and I had very little stamina in higher reps sets. I then brought my protein intake back upto 200g and over the following few months regained most of what I had lost (that 20%+ strength loss) and my body-composition went back to what it was like on 200g/day before starting my low protein experiment.

Take from this what you want, but for me personally, as much as I hate to say it, I need 200g/protein a day. Any less and my body composition and strength suffer. Sure some-days I can go lower, but most days I need to be hitting around that 200g mark. My body composition and strength when I was only hitting <100g consistently was blatantly obviously worse off, and I couldn't just ignore it and pretend it wasn't happening. Maybe you can get away with lower protein, good for your and your wallet, but for me, it's just not possible.
>>
File: 1416355454849.png (69 KB, 800x750) Image search: [Google]
1416355454849.png
69 KB, 800x750
>>36815001
>>36815134
MORE experiences like these
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.