[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Safety bars are fucking up my gains. The power rack at my gym
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (168 KB, 1905x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
168 KB, 1905x1080
Safety bars are fucking up my gains.

The power rack at my gym is like pic related, except the lowest notch for the safety bars places the bar about 5-6 inches above my chest, which means I have to do 3/4 reps.

If I go any lower and hit the bar on heavier lifts, it messes up the motion and I can't get the bar back up.

Asking for someone to spot at my gym is not an option because
a) My gym doesn't have that kind of atmosphere
b) We're British and we don't do that

So what should I do? Ditch the safety bars and just lift less weight? Or should I try a different lift?
>>
Put plates under the bench. If you're failing you just stop arching your back and then the bar should hit the safety bars.
>>
>>36814320
where do you go to the gym, i'm british and people spot in our gym

Do you go to one of those district council run sports centres
>>
>>36814367
A puregym in a busy highstreet. It's always ridiculously busy. People don't have time to spot you. They just want to get their routine in and get out.
>>
>>36814320

Move the safety bars you dumb snaggle-toothed inbred
>>
>>36814383
approach someone AFTER they've finished their sets, compliment them on their form and as for assistance

dont forget to tip your spotter by sharing your protein shakes in the showers afterwards
this is how the pros do it
>>
>>36814416
Can you read? OP said they can't go any lower you dimwit
>>
lift without the safeties. Don't be a pus
>>
>>36814347
This

Stop arching your back and bringing your back flat to the bench and the weight should just drop on the safeties if you need it to
>>
Just do the roll if you fuck up you dumb nigger
>>
>>36814320
The benches at my gym have a similar problem. The way the safety bars are set up, they're either too low or too high. The barbell will either crush my chest or I won't get full ROM. Because I prefer good ROM, I just bite the bullet and get a spotter so I don't have to worry about dying on heavy lifts.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.