[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is taking SSRI gonna mess with my gains?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: ssri-smaller.jpg (11 KB, 200x174) Image search: [Google]
ssri-smaller.jpg
11 KB, 200x174
Is taking SSRI gonna mess with my gains?
>>
>>36813341
Yes.

It's poison.
>>
>>36813372
OMG
>>
>>36813420
The good thing is that you don't need them.
>>
>>36813341
The best decision I ever made in my life was to stop taking paxil (SSRI) it is worse than poison.
>>
>>36813341
Don't take SSRI's man. Just b urself and teach yourself to smile in the mirror and you'll be happy.

If you do take them prepare for a life of lethargic skinny fat mediocrity (and that's assuming you don't put on 40lbs of fat immediately like most people do.)
>>
>>36813341
It killed my appetite and made me sleep 14hrs a day.
With a mass gainer, lifting 2-3x a week I put on 15lbs of muscle in 45-60 days. lil chunkier than I've been but not over 25%bf

unrelated: also made me incredibly horny but anorgasmic. dick/stamina was never the same after that.

i've been off ssri for several years, but am giving thought to welbutrin (maoi).
>>
>>36813460

Welbutrin isn't an MAOI...you do not want an MAOI trust me there's a good reason they are used as last line.

Nothing wrong with SSRIs in general but people expect to be able to take a pill and have everything suddenly work. Takes a while to work out a good dose, time of day to take it etc. Also remember that there are 10+ commonly prescribed SSRIs from Fluoxetine to Escitalopram and they all have different profiles -switching between can be very beneficial if one doesn't work out for you.
>>
>>36813460

As an adendum, welbutrin is however a great appetite supressant
>>
>>36813443

Eh, I mean...

SSRIs have their place when you're is such deep shit that the notion of living for another week is incomprehensible to you, but you're right, when you're not in acute crisis, they're terrible.

It's impossible to get anything done on SSRIs, you turn into a passive, lazy zombie that knows his life is shit, but doesn't quite mind it enough to change it.
So the bottom line is don't fight your psychiatrist if he says you really need them, but try to quit them as soon as possible.
>>
>>36813844

I know you're trying to give advice but this is wrong. If the notion of living another week is incomprehensible to you, you'd be held on review and given something like a benzo or quetiapine. SSRIs are purely a moderate-to-long term solution as they take upward of 21 days to have any effect including a higher risk of suicidality in the 7-21d phase.
>>
>>36813856

Well yeah, you're actually right. I was basing my reasoning on personal experience, which in hindsight wasn't the most optimal way to deal with my situation.

In that case, fuck SSRIs altogether.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.