[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shoulders
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: arnie.jpg (87 KB, 1080x675) Image search: [Google]
arnie.jpg
87 KB, 1080x675
ok boys, girls aren't impressed by big arms anymore
> curlbros

cannonball delts and wide shoulders is where its at

anyone who has actually /madeit/ in these areas got any advice or routines for huge delts or broadening shoulders?
>>
Roids
>>
File: image.png (542 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
542 KB, 960x640
>>
yeah how do i get wider pham, how much wider is possible

no sterons for now plz
>>
genetics, the thread
>>
I have results with the following
>superset shoulder press with OHP
>really concentrated light laterals with dumbells and cables
>arnies superset with plate raises/drivers
>dropset machine shoulder press

don't be stupid with weight your rotators are invaluable
>>
>>36812083
+ lat development further widens everything, even if only as an illusion
>>
>>36812083
Are lateral raises and front raises risky for rotator cuff? Mine started getting pretty sore lately as I've been really trying to hit them hard.
>>
>girls aren't impressed by big arms anymore

Whatever you say Internet friend friend :^)
>>
>>36812122
speaking from me personally, if mine start annoying me i'll do them with cables for the stability, just don't ego lift with shoulders is rule 1

oh and prioritize rear delts - face pulls
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWouzroXTUI

What do you guys think of this?

Yes no? Bullshit or nah?
>>
>>36811142
>any advice or routines for huge delts or broadening shoulders?
This is the kind of thread that's going to get a ton of replies with all kinds of terrible advice such as "superset this and that" or a bunch of arbitrary exercise recommendations that are supposed to get the job done. IT'S ALL A DISTRACTION.
How do you get big shoulders? Same as with everything else: Progressive overload. Stick to the basics, get your numbers up. Job done. The moment you forget about this and start the futile search for the magic program or crazy pro bb routine is the moment you're doomed to a long period of fuck-around-itis and no gains.
>>
>advice for broadening shoulders

Kill yourself and hope you get reincarnated as someone with broad shoulders.
>>
>have good genetics
>do roids
>lift stuff
>get big shoulders

It's a simple 3 step process
>>
the new thing girls are into is you talking to them
>>
>>36811142
>girls aren't impressed by big arms anymore
[citation needed]
>>
>>36812127
he's half right, if someone has big upper arms and no shoulders they look idiotic, this is the stereotypical 'curlbro' look and most girls think it looks pretty dumb. big upper arms and big shoulders is much better.

>>36813013
this is also true, if your shoulders aren't at least 19" across you should just kill yourself and start again, your shoulders will never, ever be 'wide'
>>
>>36813111
>this is the stereotypical 'curlbro' look and most girls think it looks pretty dumb
Yeah women spend so much time on bodybuilding forums nowadays they don't get fooled by big arms and chiseled abs anymore.
What they look for is high bench press numbers and perfect squat form. It's all about functional strength nowadays.
Fucking retard.
>>
>>36813025
Bullshit, 2016 is the year of the upper trapezius. Girls are starting to notice it more as a sign of strength and power and they get wet looking at those two big lumps of meat on the sides of your neck.
>>
>>36812983
I just realized I've been conditioned to expect FRAME HEIGHT and FACE whenever something like
>IT'S ALL A DISTRACTION. How do you get big shoulders?
comes up.
Thanks /fit/
>>
File: da vin.jpg (202 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
da vin.jpg
202 KB, 1600x1200
>>36813144
It's always important to maintain proportions for aesthetics.
>>
File: mirin.gif (1 MB, 300x201) Image search: [Google]
mirin.gif
1 MB, 300x201
I don't know where the "girls like big arms" came from.Even in the tightest shirt which makes my arms look massive girls don't even LOOK in my direction.When I dress like a hobo with a black tanktop I get mires from 90% of sluts I see since I have good traps and delts (mediocre chest if I say so myself tho)
>>
>>36811142
>caring about what girls are impressed by
>>
>>36813182
Why are you posting this shitty ballpoint pen drawing instead of original?
>>
>>36813144
read it again faggot

>if someone has big upper arms and no shoulders they look idiotic

when you're next in the gym next month or whenever you decide to get off your fat ass to go again, look around at the people there. there will be some people who don't do any compound and have proportionally big upper arms and no core. they look fucking stupid, and if you asked a girl over the age of 16 which she preferred out of a guy who looked like that or a guy who is proportional, she will go for the proportional guy every time.

>Yeah women spend so much time on bodybuilding forums nowadays they don't get fooled by big arms and chiseled abs anymore.

sarcasm aside you're right, i hear girls sniggering about how idiotic curlbros look because they consider them to be overcompensating, and this definitely happens more than it used to. do your compounds or you'll become a walking meme
>>
>>36813180
Me too, anon
I wonder if HFF meme is just one man or multiple anons
>>
I /madeit/ with shoulders, but i already have genetic advantages
My granddad had freakishly wide shoulderbones, i got them too
People thought i worked out before i ever went to a gym because of the v-taper i naturally have
>>
>>36812191
This. Shoulders ate too easy to fuck up. I'm speaking from experience. Light weoght on lateral and front raises, lots of back work and pull ups to balance
>>
>>36813412
>>36813180

We are many because GYMCELS need a constant reminder
>>
Wow I left the thread hours ago when the only reply was
>roids

was hoping for some legitimate advice

thanks
>>36812083
>>36812191

will try it out, 19inch wide right now but my hips are kinda wide too, which is why I'm trying to pull them out further

also, HF&F pls go
>>
>>36812083
>>superset shoulder press with OHP

First of all:

>Supersetting
>Ever

Second: you don't superset an exercise with a similar exercise. You superset it with a different, for example you superset a triceps exercise with a bicep one and such. Not shoulder with shoulder. I can guarantee you you'll be too fatigued in your shoulders to do OHP straight after any other shoulder exercise.
>>
>>36811142

I do alot of standing presses overhead, seated overhead presses from the floor, side laterals, face pulls with resistance bands.

Shoulders are very important for with along with lats. Also, stomach vacuums. Gotta tighten up that waist guys. Helps with the overall symmetry.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.