[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ergometer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: indoor_row.jpg (38 KB, 700x471) Image search: [Google]
indoor_row.jpg
38 KB, 700x471
who uses this
>>
>>36803714
I want to use this, but I'm afraid to look like a retard, since I really don't know how the row machine works, and that people will take pics and videos of me and post them on the net as gymfails or whatever.
>>
i use it while im warming up

I'll usually do some stretching, row 500m, stretch some more, row 500, hit some warmup sets, row 500 etc..

easy way to get my cardio in / get warmed up
>>
>>36803833
the main thing to remember is when you're doing the second half of the row (letting the chain go back inside the machine) you let the handle go first and THEN bend your knees and follow. Otherwise you look like a retard for making it go up and down over your knees.
>>
>2016
>not using the ergometer while listening to based sea shanties

It's like some of you don't even wanna make it.
>>
I use it to warm up. I do a progression where I start with my arms at first an end using the full stroke. I do 1k in about 4:30.

Then again I'm an exrower and have been using those for over 8 years
>>
>>36803833
you can learn proper technique from a youtube video

then you can get your own feel for it pretty quick
>>
Warm up only.

I used to do competitive rowing. Fucking hard sport.
>>
>>36803870
>let the handle go
with that advice he'll be on gymfails for sure
>>
>>36803961
you know what I meant
>>
>>36803840

I like it as a warm down, mainly because the horizontal pulling relaxes my tight shoulders. Also you can squeeze everything out of you if the workout was lighter than expected.
>>
>>36803964
oh of course
this is the thing to remember when you are giving advice: when you are giving advice to someone they already know what you meant
>>
>>36803833
Just make sure to move your body parts separately at least when learning. Body and arms forward then legs then stop with heels still on the footpads. Then just deadlift the rest of the way back: Legs extend first then back moves up with arms doing a row.
>>
>>36803947
Fucks you up too, all that uneven movement from just rowing port or starboard.
Used to row but messed up one of my vertebrae.
>>
>>36803879
I'm so gonna do this thanks for the idea
>>
>>36803714
L E G D R I V E
E
G
D
R
I
V
E
>>
I use it for Interval training.
>>
>>36803879
>2016
>not playing the fish game
>>
Started including it in my programming since applying for the army for some ezpz cardio.

Is it better than running?
>>
>>36803714
god tier for cardio
>>
>>36803714
Best cardio equipment there is. Form is very important. I see alot of idiots using this machine.
Watch youtube videos and practise. And remember its LEGS-back-arms arms-back-legs.
>>
GOAT cardio.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.