[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Keto bullshit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: bacon.jpg (50 KB, 480x458) Image search: [Google]
bacon.jpg
50 KB, 480x458
I can't seem to find a definitive answer. Some say it\s a fad diet, others swear by it.
>>
Yes.
>>
Completely avoiding carbs is a fad. Yes. It's a meme. Every serious weightlifter and bodybuilder eats a variety of foods including things like oats. Just because fatties who live on pure hfcs diet get obese doesn't mean we need to avoid every carb. That's stupid as fuck. Just like the 'low fat diet' craze of the 1990's was a fad. Eggs, avocados, milk, olive oil, fish, all of these have fat and are great foods.
>>
>>36797103
It's a reddit-tier diet. Get out.
>>
File: ayyyyyyyyyyyyy.jpg (532 KB, 1280x1871) Image search: [Google]
ayyyyyyyyyyyyy.jpg
532 KB, 1280x1871
keto is great if you're over 250lbs, unironcially find bacon a hilarious meme, and use reddit.
>>
>>36797147
My b/f has been trying to get me on it, but he is over 250 and uses reddit. I don't know how to break it to him.
>>
>>36797103
Honestly just try different diets and choose the one that works the best for you. I personnally feel like shit when Im doing low carb, thats why now Im not doing it anymore Im doing 40%carbs,35%protein,25% fat and honestly thats what I prefer. There is no perfect diet you just take the one that works for you.
>>
It's not a meme, and anybody that says it is is a huge faggot who doesn't even understand what the word "meme" means.

That being said, it's good for two kinds of people: Fatties trying to lose weight, and diabetics. What it does is breaks your sugar addiction and teaches you how to eat good carbs, i.e. things that aren't sugar.
>>
>>36797182
this pretty much
I used it to drop ~100 lbs
>felt alright after the first week
>was never hungry

you'll feel and look better on a well balanced diet

just drop the shitty carbs and have some disciprin
>>
>>36797103

Keto is but psmf is the real deal.
>>
I tried keto and unironically shit my pants while peeing and trying to fart
>>
>>36797140
all of those except for the animal products
maybe the oil too
>>
>>36797103
I think it's kind of stupid. Your brain can only run on glucose and ketones, the latter of which are 30 percent less efficient than glucose. Humans are only meant to undergo ketosis when fasting, not at all times, hence why we have such intricate metabolic pathways for the breakdown and synthesis of glucose. I don't know if actually has any adverse effects on the body - and I don't have the knowledge to argue that - but it just seems illogical in light of the biochemistry.

I think eating healthy foods with the proper proportion of carbs, proteins and healthy fats, as well as getting your vitamins and minerals will always be the most reliable way to ensure your body is being provided with everything it needs. But what do I know, I'm just a beta-cuck faggot who spends his time browsing pictures of half naked men on a Cambodian image board.
>>
>>36797140
>every serious weightlifter and bodybuilder ....

yeah but what if you're a fat lard fuck? < 30g carbs a day will burn the fat way quicker than any other legitimate method
>>
>>36797423
What makes you think that. Adipose is consumed to compensate for a caloric deficit. It doesn't matter whether that deficit is caused by carbs or fats. Actually fats have a higher efficiency of conversion to adipose than carbs do, 96 percent instead of 80, so really it may be slightly better to eat a carb surplus than a fat surplus. But if you eat at a deficit the adipose will be utilized, so it doesn't matter.

This is all ignoring which makes you feel more full, because that varies with food not just macro.
>>
>>36797410
Not quite right, the brain can run on ketones( meduim chains only, there are short and long as well) they under go a process. The fact that this diet was produce for people epilepsy who suffer 40% less seizures when the brain is being fed by ketones. Glucose is better for fast explosive energy and a growing number of people say ketones are better for sustained exercise eg long distance
running as they have twice the energy but harder for the body to break down. I haven't actually done myself yet but am interested, i just like my delicious carbs to much
>>
>>36797103
Its not bullshit if your goal is to die from heart disease.
>>
>>36797167
This

Different stuff works for different people big time in diet. I swapped to all my carbs to wholegrains( brown rice, wholemeal patsa and bread, quinoa) and noticed a big difference just from that
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.