[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I castrate myself emotionally /fit/ ? I want to focus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
File: images.jpg (14 KB, 193x262) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
14 KB, 193x262
How do I castrate myself emotionally /fit/ ? I want to focus on lifting and work only. I don't want to drink anymore, I'm tired of being 'that guy' or the dude nobody thinks about twice... How do I go about achieving this state of mind? Any books or movies? Other boards or sites to ask except faggot MGTOW ?
>>
>>36794678

Stop masturbating.
>>
>>36794678
this is /pol/
>>
>>36794678
The /secret way/.
>>
>castrate myself emotionally
You should aim to be in control of your emotions through self-discipline and not numb them, because you can never truly seperate yourself from what you feel.
>>
>>36795134
>because you can never truly seperate yourself from what you feel.
Challenge accepted
>>
File: thesecretway.jpg (28 KB, 245x176) Image search: [Google]
thesecretway.jpg
28 KB, 245x176
>>36795134
>You should aim to be in control of your emotions through self-discipline and not numb them, because you can never truly seperate yourself from what you feel.
There is a Way. But it is reserved for a special few... even then... most will fail... then again... life is not worth living without going down this path...
>>
>>36795209

Fuck off faggot. I like my emotions because I can control them, without emotion you'd never experience the greatest things in life.
>>
File: 1434223656908.jpg (15 KB, 502x502) Image search: [Google]
1434223656908.jpg
15 KB, 502x502
>>36795297
>implying your experiences and emotions are 1:1 congruent with everyone else
>implying you've ever experienced a 6 year-long streak of nothing but bad things and experiences happening to you
>>
>>36794678
Comes easy to me OP. I'm a dirty slav through and misery is in our genes.
>>
>>36794678
watch fight club
>>
>>36795297
youre an emotional cuck

you can still experience emotions but you have command over your passions
>>
>>36795506
Shut the fuck up you hypocritical deepak chopra talkin bitch. You don't have control over shit.
I am the Universe. I am biology. I am death. You are slave to me; I own you.
>>
File: 1431714543213.jpg (23 KB, 255x250) Image search: [Google]
1431714543213.jpg
23 KB, 255x250
>>36795544
>I am the Universe. I am biology. I am death. You are slave to me; I own you.
>>
http://www.amazon.com/Undoing-Yourself-Energized-Meditation-Devices/dp/1561840572/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1460763092&sr=1-1&keywords=christopher+hyatt
http://www.amazon.com/Energized-Hypnosis-Self-Change-Christopher-Hyatt/dp/1935150316/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1460763092&sr=1-2&keywords=christopher+hyatt
>>
File: urbanprimalist_ctfletcher.png (627 KB, 577x705) Image search: [Google]
urbanprimalist_ctfletcher.png
627 KB, 577x705
>>36794678

Okay anon, I'm a bit older and pretty well established now, but there was a time long ago when I was in your position. So instead of sarcasm or meme responses, I'll give you honest answers.

I'll break down your response:

> How do I castrate myself emotionally /fit/ ?
Unless you are a heartless sociopath, this is impossible; welcome to being a human, or really any social mammal. However, what you can do -- and what is probably healthy -- is to take a sabbatical from some aspects of the human experience (dating, etc., whatever) while you work on healing from whatever put you in this state. I believe the normies call this "doin' you for a while." So what you should really ask is, how can I go about doing me for a while?

> I want to focus on lifting and work only.
Lifting, work, eating, shitting, sleeping - these are body and finance maintenance activities. Bottom floor of Maslow's hierarchy. Take your time off from ladies, or dudes or whatever you're into, and try exploring everything you can get your hands on. Read. Learn a new skill. Practice ancient Babylonian. Just do shit because you live in the greatest time in the history of mankind to access the sum total of knowledge and experience, make something of it.

> I don't want to drink anymore,
Then don't drink.

> I'm tired of being 'that guy' or the dude nobody thinks about twice... How do I go about achieving this state of mind?

Become the kind of person that you are happy with... if you aren't happy with yourself, why would anyone else take time out of their busy day to remember you?

> Any books or movies?
Start with history, biology, arts and crafts. Ancient religions. Go reread all the bullshit literature they make you read in high school but imagine a time in your life when you were in the protagonist's shoes. Work your way toward the present.

> Other boards or sites to ask except faggot MGTOW ?

>>>/lit/
>>>/his/
>>>/out/
>>>/diy/

Good luck bro. You'll know when it's time to return.
>>
File: 1433140970988.jpg (40 KB, 680x848) Image search: [Google]
1433140970988.jpg
40 KB, 680x848
>>36796098
>Practice ancient Babylonian.
>>
File: 251367367_9ZFxu-2100x20000.jpg (190 KB, 675x1003) Image search: [Google]
251367367_9ZFxu-2100x20000.jpg
190 KB, 675x1003
>>36796141

Yeah, just learn a completely useless skill just for the sake of knowing it. You never know when it is going to be an interesting conversation piece at a party.

Learn Sanskrit. Bitches love Sanskrit.
http://learnsanskrit.org/

> pic related
>>
>>36796197
>>36796141
It's an example
Learn japanese or how to play an instrument or something you fucking weaboos
>>
>>36796197
>Not Ancient Greek

I bet you have a namaste sticker on your bumper you shit
>>
File: chicken.png (16 KB, 631x108) Image search: [Google]
chicken.png
16 KB, 631x108
>>36796251
Mycaenean, Attic, Doric or Koine?

nigga I am all about the ancient languages, but that's just me. My point to OP is that he should learn something that is totally without a practical purpose - just for the sake of doing it. He might love it, he might hate it but either way he has a story and an experience that adds to the empty vessel that is his life. And soon that empty vessel becomes full and he becomes an INTERESTING person.

>>36796230
yes this guy gets it, it is an example

> pic related, Younger Avestan
>>
Get shit faced and try to fuck girls out of your league and once you fail dwell on how much of a fucktard you are
>>
>>36796274
When you're completely devoid of anything interesting, no-one ever speaks to you.

I've tried in the past doing stuff like going to MMA classes just to meet people because you're working directly with someone all the time, but once they figure you can't hold a conversation, they give up.

Am I doomed?
>>
>>36796701

No. If anything, you are facing a very common problem most people have. You're doing the wrong category of activities in the wrong order.

See, MMA is a pretty straightforward activity (much like lifting) and so there isn't much that is novel that can be gleaned from the activity itself. People who do these activities talk about other things; they dip into the well of experiences to compare their glass of water with yours.

What you need is something that is a source of novel experiences, novel images, novel ideas. On the one hand, read all the books you can, on the other hand, go see zoos, museums, take classes in cookery or pottery or whatever, something that is both structured and gives you some sort of novel information/experience/memory/imagery. This will fill that well, so when you are doing something where you are directly working with someone on something and need to make small talk, the well will be deep.

tl;dr: you are doing the right things but in the wrong order, fill the well and life will be good
>>
>>36796274
Wat, I live in a small cuck town named 'Avesta'. Must be the language of my people.
>>
>>36797399
Unless you are from modern day Afghanistan, and not Sweden, then it is a false cognate.
>>
Don't do it

I did it and am eternally filled with a profound, empty regret

If you succeed, you will in time come to realize that limbo is a worse fate than hell
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.