[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Forearms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
What do you do for forearm hypertrophy?
>>
dl
>>
>>36794085
>>
>dl
>chin/pull ups
>climbing
>>
>>36794203

That and farmers walks
>>
>>36793986
high volume light weight deads (like 5x10)
chinups/pullups
shrugs to an extent
>>
>>36794203
I already deadlift plenty and do plenty of chinups, still no forearms. Not gonna fucking climb
>>
Wrist curls
>>
Isolate your forearms, wrist curls and reverse curls.
>>
I got one of those grip strengthener things a few months back and that worked wonders.
>>
>>36793986
Hammer curls, reverse curls, wrist curls, reverse wrist curls, krok row to a lesser extent, but best exercise I've ever done for forearm activation is towel hanging til failure
>>
Hammer curls.
>>
>>36794261
Not gonna get forearms then
>>
tons of shit that don't even work
>>
>>36794261
>not gonna fucking climb
Why not? climbing is alpha as fuck
>>
File: DSC00125.jpg (295 KB, 530x872) Image search: [Google]
DSC00125.jpg
295 KB, 530x872
I've been using wrist roller with 15 pounds
>>
if you lift heavy enough you dont need to isolate them. if your grip is a limiting factor, then just practice just using double over hand, or find a fat bar and lift with that.
>>
Deads and hammer curls, thats all you need for juicy as fuck forearms
>>
> hammer curls
keep the hand neutral (neither supinated nor pronated) during the whole movement
do it high reps

> wrist rollers
until you feel it burning good

also, keep doing your DL regularly
>>
>>36795250
I've heard that's top tier. Have you seen good results?
>>
File: 1458698502522.jpg (80 KB, 839x530) Image search: [Google]
1458698502522.jpg
80 KB, 839x530
>>36794261
Then you have bad forearm genetics and you will never get any unless you take steroids and even then it isn't gauranteed

Getting big is all about diet+genetics.... Lifting is only maybe 10% of the of the equation
>>
go to a rock climbing facility and climb you pussy
>>
>>36795251
>>36795251
brachioradialis, the biggest muscle on the forearms, is a elbow flexor, not related directly to grip. it'll be worked out isometrically on heavy DL, true, but that is not the best way to hypertrophy it. hammer curls are.
>>
>>36795319
I've only been using it for about 2 weeks so far with 1-2 sets per day. but my arms are looking a little bigger and it definitely gives them a good pump
>>
>>36795250
how many sets and reps?
>>
>>36795250
make the wrist roller fixed, hanging from a cord. that way you exercising your forearms just as good, without tiring the f out of your shoulders for no reason.
>>
>>36793986
I do low rows at high reps
>>
>>36793986
Lay some cement block.
>>
>>36795382
I go up and down until I can feel it burn usually 2-4 up and down and get a pump and do it a couple times throughout the day
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.