[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /fit/ what's the best way to get over my crippling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: SurHsIl.jpg (149 KB, 450x425) Image search: [Google]
SurHsIl.jpg
149 KB, 450x425
hey /fit/

what's the best way to get over my crippling anxiety about working out in a gym? as is, I run in the mornings before school and I do bodyweight exercises at home after school. obviously lifting weights is much more efficient, but I can't stand being in a gym for very long, it feels like everyone is staring at me and hating me for interrupting their space or something irrational like that.

should I invest in a personal trainer? should I ask my doctor for some benzos?
>>
You just got to make the mental leap that everyone is there for themselves. Nobody cares about you unless you're being an obnoxious faggot. Don't do that, and the gym will be fine.
>>
>>36793648
Just do it faggot. If you embarrass yourself you can always an hero when you get home.
>>
Think of it like this: Do you make fun of a homeless guy thats trying to get a job to get enough money to try to get off the streets? No. Why should anybody make fun of an out of shape person trying to improve their body? I have respect for people that i normally don't see in the gym that are trying their best.

And to answer your question. No don't invest in a personal trainer. /fit/ is your trainer now. Use it as motivation and fuck what other people think.
>>
>>36793680
if I ever do go, I'll probably have headphones on
is there any benefit to getting a personal trainer? desu the only stuff I've done in a gym before is cardio. I actually don't think I've ever lifted a weight
>>
Just gotta get over the hump. The only way to fucking do it, is to just do it.
>>
I mean, are you interrupting people's personal space? As long as you're not using their equipment and getting in their space, nobody gives a shit.
>>
>>36793648
People don't care as much as you think they do.

I tell myself that fatties get a pass on judgement when they're at the gym. If that's your issue, just remind yourself of that. It's 99% true 100% of the time.
>>
>>36793724
>As long as you're not using their equipment and getting in their space, nobody gives a shit.

So you should go to the gym and use none of the equipment? Why even go to the gym?
>>
>>36793648
NOTHING BAD IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO YOU

NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOU AT THE GYM

JUST LIFT YOU ANXIOUS LITTLE SHIT
>>
>>36793779
I mean specifically the stuff they're using. Don't hop on a machine without asking to work in, don't grab a dumbbell they're using, don't sit on a bench they're using, etc.

Should be common sense.
>>
File: 1431528327549.gif (932 KB, 258x258) Image search: [Google]
1431528327549.gif
932 KB, 258x258
>>36793648
>you're looking at them thinking 'what the fuck are they thinking about me'
>they're looking at you thinking 'what the fuck are they thinking about me'
Said fuck it and signed up for the gym monday. What I quickly learned is that really nobody cares and having people around who know what they are doing is nice when you have no fucking idea how to adjust the machines - both days I just asked a random person and they helped me get a machine setup and tips on proper form, etc. If you are really worried, do home workouts with dumbbells for a couple months to get yourself feeling a bit better about the idea; that's what I did anyways.
And EAT.
>>
>>36793948
oh, I have a workout plan set up with a diet and everything but I just want to start lifting weights.

I'll be out of town working this weekend but on monday I'll head down to the local gym and get it started

thanks guys

(still tho is it okay to work out on a benzo)
>>
http://newbie-fitness.blogspot.com/2007/01/stripped-5x5.html

this looks like an easy plan for a beginner, is it? I tried to look at the SS thing in the 4chanfit wiki but it seems to not work anymore.
>>
>>36794056
okay nvm I saw that all of the links have gifs showing proper form. I think I'm gonna use this

thanks everyone

I'm kinda looking forward to kicking my own ass
>>
>>36793648
Beta blockers
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.