[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bodyweight exercises (calisthenics)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: cesaro.jpg (40 KB, 500x636) Image search: [Google]
cesaro.jpg
40 KB, 500x636
Can a person achieve this look with nothing but calisthenics?

And somehow related, is there any reason not to squat as low as you can every time?
>>
File: ROMANWINSLOL.jpg (7 KB, 261x193) Image search: [Google]
ROMANWINSLOL.jpg
7 KB, 261x193
Can a person achieve this look with nothing but calisthenics?
>>
>>36793323
If you work your way up to advanced calisthenics movements and stick with it for a few years with a good diet then yea it's doable.
Break parallel on squat at least. No reason to go atg outside of personal preference though.
>>
Calisthenics and
>>
>>36793819
>few years

damn
>>
>>36793806
100% yes

>as soon as they start teasing bray + roman teaming up, bray gets injured

REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
I think it's possible. It doesn't matter if you break muscle tissue by barbell or by body-weight. Just keep advancing and keep the sets heavy, just as you would in the gym. Also find variations on each exercise.

But why would you just do calisthenics?
>>
>>36793323
Damn thats some nice husbando material
>>
>>36793323
Wow, dem nipples.
>>
>>36794055

You expected anything to come easy natty?

Only real way to catch up to steroid use as a natty is just to work out for a long, long time.
>>
>>36794213
>But why would you just do calisthenics?

Can't join a gym for at least a few months.
>>
>>36793819
I've yet to see anyone with a core like that through calisthenics - part of core development is working the transverse abdominis which is activated by spinal loading which doesn't happen in calisthenics movements at all that I'm aware of. How you would load the TA through calisthenics I have no idea - I'm not sure even the heavy core exercises would do it (flags, levers etc.)
>>
>>36795753
hanging wind shield wipers?
>>
>>36795753

Id say the opposite, calisthenics people generally have a solid core. Simply because the core is engaged in every single exercise
>>
File: 20160415_125822.jpg (851 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160415_125822.jpg
851 KB, 2560x1440
Idk bro, all i do is body weight exercises and ive made some decent gains. 6' 200lbs. I just do pushup variations, dips, chins, pullups, squats, lunges, and pistol squats like a mad man.
>>
>>36795850

For how long?
>>
>>36795829
do you have anyone specific in mind? I understand the core is used, but I'm talking about a "pushed out" core like the man in the OP - that I understood to be brought out especially well by loading the spine, and every calisthenics practitioner I've seen hasn't had that - they've had a trim waist.
>>36795766
If you look into how the TA works, it responds to IAP (Intra-abdominal pressure) which is where there's pressure inside the abdominal cavity - the TA works to contain that pressure to stop it injuring the spine or herniating an organ.

Obviously if you take a heavy barbell onto your shoulders or lift it overhead that will stimulate a lot of IAP, but I can't see hanging windshield wipers producing any. I might be oversimplifying it, I'm just drawing connections with what I know (which isn't much).
>>
>>36795850
you're full of shit
>>
>>36795913

I dont know if you ever tried doing free hand stand pushups, but I can assure you your core works much harder on them than on an OHP
>>
>>36793323
The answer is no to both your questions. I am sorry for why it took so long for someone to seriously answer you.

/thread
>>
>>36795995
I think those are different muscles of the core, though - the ab rectus might well work harder in HSPU since its role is as a stabiliser, but I don't think working abs will give the "pushed out" thick look to the core, that seems to be dependent on the TA from what I was able to find.
>>
>>36795898
Almost 7 months, i just posted my routine in the qtddtot asking about routines for when i join a gym

>>36795954
Nuh bruh, i used to do alot of kyaking, surfing and boldering when u was younger and worked stone masonry for 2 years out of high school so i kind of had a base
>>
>>36796064
still doesn't explain the legs, but it definitely sounds more plausible with a background like that.
>>
File: 18316559.jpg (112 KB, 398x600) Image search: [Google]
18316559.jpg
112 KB, 398x600
i wanna gain 33 lbs in 5 years and look like a human being like pic
doing calisthenics for now
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.