[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you fags make chicken breasts taste less plain? What can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 9
File: 1460643928419.jpg (241 KB, 2048x1366) Image search: [Google]
1460643928419.jpg
241 KB, 2048x1366
How do you fags make chicken breasts taste less plain? What can I add in?

I'm starting to eat chicken breasts 14-20 oz daily cause of dem protein benefits I just discovered.
>>
drown that shit in ranch
>>
Buy premade marinades at the same store you bought the chicken breasts, put the chicken in a plastic bag with your marinade of choice and let it sit in the fridge until you are ready to cook it. 20 minutes on 450 for breasts. It will be tender and delicious.
>>
I like plum sauce
>>
>night before
>put chicken in ziplock bag
>worcestershire sauce
>lemon juice
>basil or some shit
>let it marinate
>cook next day

or

>spicy chicken
>cover chicken with crushed red peppers
>chili powder
>old bay if you are from maryland
>a little bit of garlic or onion
>i personally cook it on stove top with a little bit of olive oil
>>
>>36783423
>>
>>36783423
>Who is this semen demon?
>Who is this fluid druid?
>Who is this wiener cleaner?
>Who is this pecker wrecker?
>Who is this prostate magistrate?
>Who is this cum nun?
>Who is this juice masseuse?
>Who is this seed stampede?
>Who is this mujahideen of teasing peen?
>Who is this penile reptile?
>Who is this crazy-looking tanned snob of lazy Sunday handjobs?
>Who is this Helen Keller of fucking fellers?
>Who is this pioneer of poking the rear?
>Who is this Scipio Africanus of licking the phallus?
>Who is this pelvis Elvis?
>Who is this spunk trunk?
>Who is this pound hound?
>Who is this cock dock?
>Who is this man-goo pikachu?
>Who is this Robin Hood of stroking wood?
>Who is this skinflute brute?
>Who is this Idi Amin of appeasing the peen?
>Who is this Anne Frank of dank wank?
>Who is this Benito Mussolini of straightening my weenie?
>Who is this Muhammad Ali Jinnah of getting nuts busted in her?
>>
Use lid and some water/sauce while cooking, so it stay juicy.

Same with bacon.
>>
It's called seasoning, you faggot. Salt, pepper, garlic, ginger, cumin, five spice, allspice, basil, cayenne pepper, white pepper, etc, etc
>>
Can you guys really not cook chicken? First off buy the tenders, easier to cook/thaw.
Heat up your skillet to high (not all the way high) and get your oil nice n hot and toss in your tendies that you thawed out in warm water which shouldve taken about 15 mins.
Next, throw on your spices. Literally any combination of spices, get creative.
3-5 mins per side. Cut tendie in half before removing from skillet to check if not pink in center.

Follow these instructions and you will get succulent, tender, delicious chicken everytime.
>>
olive oil
egg
chicken breast

AP flour
black pepper
paprika
oregano

stir egg in bowl
mix dry ingredients in different bowl
cut chicken breast into strips
dunk strips into egg
dunk strips into flour mix
place into pan with olive oil on medium heat
cook 7 minutes per side
>>
File: cajun seasoning.jpg (332 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
cajun seasoning.jpg
332 KB, 600x450
>>
>>36783479
>thawing chicken in warm water
Don't do this
>>
learn to season the chicken properly, fucks sake it's really not that hard...
>salt
>pepper
>cayenne
>chili powder
>marjoram
>basil
>oregano
>lemon juice
google chicken breast recipes dammit
>>
>>36783497
and don't use these all at once, pick 3 tops
>>
>>36783493
Cant say Ive had any problems and Ive been doing it for quite a while.
>>
>>36783524
Doesn't matter. It's bad practice and dangerous regardless
>>
>>36783423
Tablespoon of oil
Tablespoon of lemon juice
1 clove of crushed garlic
Italian seasoning
Salt
Pepper
Marinade the chicken in the mixture for up to 24 hours

Bake it in the oven
>>
brining your chicken helps. Let your chicken sit in a mixture of salt water and brown sugar for about a day. It makes it extremely tender and really brings out the flavors in whatever seasonings you use.
>>
I make fajitas. Cut it into thin strips, with a whole onion and a whole bell pepper, also cut into thin strips, and some fajita seasoning (or store-bought fajita sauce/marinade), and cook the shit out of it in a skillet. I like the veggies really well-done, so I cook it until it's basically charred.

Then you can put it on tortillas or whatever you like. I do lettuce wraps with mine.
>>
>>36783423
Grind it up and cook it with taco seasoning. Lots of sodium, but also lots of taste.
>>
>>36783423
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px7Uc2GrnhE
>>
>>36783423
Garlic Powder, Salt, Pepper and Not being a bitch.

Works every time.
>>
>>36783423
BUY A MEAT THERMOMETER

With a lean cut like breast, there's a huge difference between cooking it to 150-155 and cooking it to 170. (All Fahrenheit)

The low-150s are perfectly safe, and that's gonna make it juicy and tasty.
>>
if seasoning isnt enough try throwing a tbsp or two of hot sauce on it, 5cals wont hurt
>>
>>36783472
who is this tryhard faggot
>>
>>36783423
>what are spices
>what are marinades
why the fuck are you even cooking if your dumb ass can't cook?
>>
Some of my methods:
Curry and serve with rice.
In a brown bread sammich.
Stir fry with veg.
On a kebab skewer with peppers.
Mince it to make chicken burgers / sausages.
>>
>>36783807
This. I never cook meat without one

I season with pre mixed stuff with olive oil, cook a kilo or two on the gas BBQ outside (easier to clean and no smoke or shit inside) and just eat it with a bit of rice with malt vinegar or sweet potato.

I mean really how fucking hard is it do do this?
>3 minutes prep time
>10 minutes cook time
>A weeks worth of lunches for about $2 a meal
>>
>>36783524
+1 to not doing that. just leave it out over the night if you're gonna cook it in the morning etc juts give it a couple hours add spices and voila
>>
>>36783467
Wetback tier
>>
>>36783423
Add more salt, more black pepper,and more butter.

That should help,
And use a thermometer
>>
>>36783479
Thawing in hot water.

Yeah, confirmed not knowing how to fucking cook.
>>
>>36783423

> How do you fags make chicken breasts taste less plain?

Easy. Don't eat it.

Eat quorn / TVP instead.
>>
>>36783907
no, defrost it in the fridge you mong
>>
>>36783550
>it's bad because it's bad
>>
>>36783423
there's an entire aisle of seasonings in the grocery store, just use different ones on different days so you don't get tired
also toss in some fish and beef so you don't go insane
>>
>>36783946
leaving it outside with cover to thaw is how I learned to cook it and how my mom learned to cook it so idk
>>
>>36783556
I can agree with brining, but why brown sugar?
>>
File: tumblr_ni6xinfUta1u6gp91o1_1280.png (750 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ni6xinfUta1u6gp91o1_1280.png
750 KB, 1280x720
>>36783430
Legalize ranch!
>>
dont use condaments like the retarded fatties in this thread

watch celebrity interviews, even when paying trainers hundred thousand+ a year they still have to stomach plain as fuck chicken every single day, and complain about it

best you can do is minor seasoning , no salt
>>
>>36784007
Bacteria need air, moisture and heat (the danger zone is something like 10C-70C) to thrive. If I'm having chicken breast on tuesday night, I would either take it out the freezer on monday night and leave it in the fridge, or tuesday morning and leave it out.
If you left it out from monday night it would easily be at room temperature for several hours before you got around to using it.
Given this the absolute worst way to defrost chicken is in warm water.
>>
>>36784077
>no salt

lel
>white people
>>
>>36784143
you dont use salt when your fucking training
its the most basic fucking thing to understand, if you can't you're a retard
also
>white people
more like every fucking professional athlete on the fucking planet
>>
i guess since I grew up on it my body can deal with it,l. kind of like how some French people get their meat pretty much raw I guess?
>>
File: 1419053392188.jpg (105 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1419053392188.jpg
105 KB, 640x960
>>36784186
>being this mad
>>
>>36784186
>m-muh water retention

who cares you dumb faggot. your body needs salt.
>>
>>36784186
You're really stupid.

If you train enough, a lot of people actually require additional salt and sodium replacement.

Sweat takes salt.
>>
>>36784214
>>36784206
>>36784204
>fat fucks trying to argue with the most basic premise of fucking dieting
go suck on your ranch dressing fatties
>>
>>36784242
How does salt affect how many calories you burn or how much fat you lose? Please explain.

>> fat loss, not weight loss. Nobody gives a shit about retaining a few pounds of water.
>>
File: 1376678242544.png (321 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1376678242544.png
321 KB, 500x750
Let's be honest here for a second.

I bet getting /fit/ has gotten you guys no pussy whatsoever.

I'm sorry, but girls AREN'T attracted to doughy powerlifter starting strength physiques.

Ask any girl what she wants, and it will be a nice, lean, athletic physique. Abs are a must.

Pic 100% related.
>>
>>36783423
Marinate it overnight. If you're just throwing seasoning on it and then cooking it you're wasting your time.
>>
>>36783423
teriyaki

>>36784242
you worthless faggot, is that what your crossfit coach tells you?

your body NEEDS sodium. Not 2000%, not 500%, but going over your daily dose is necessary if you're training for more than 3x a week SS

Chances are, you've never done a competitive/endurance sport.
>>
>>36783423
Hot sauce. There are a lot of different brands, find the one you like.
Also seasoning, I use Cajun a lot
>>
>>36783439

I don't know what I was expect when I came to /fit/ but it wasn't legit food advice.
>>
>>36783423
marinate in italian dressing overnight srsly
>>
>>36783423

Step 1. Buy a Crock Pot
Step 2. Look Up Recipe for Pulled Chicken
Step 3. Make a fuckload of BBQ pulled chicke and put that shit in the fridge
Step 4. Throw your required amount of chicken on 2 slides of wheat bread and fucking demolish that shit.

I fucking hate eating plain chicken, but this shit is like very minimal work and you can have enough chicken to last you for a week. All you have to do is own a dutch oven and spend some extra time on sundays buying the ingredients and putting in the effort.

Seriously.

Pulled Chicken changed the game for me, do it.
>>
>>36783423
actually prep that food you fucking moron. if you want to just heat and serve your food eat some hotpockets
>>
>>36783423
Barbeque Sauce
>>
Brine the chicken breast in a bowl of lukewarm salt water for at least 15 minutes to keep the chicken moist while grilling (this is also a good way to thaw it out), then put some old bay on it. Use franks red hot as a 0 calorie flavor enhancer while you eat.
>>
If you are looking for a quick way try blackened chicken.

No bullshit marinating or brine involved.

Pre heat oven to 350

>Mix paprika, oregeno, thyme and cayenne in about equal parts about 1 tablespoon each.
>Add some salt and pepper, and cumin if you want it spicier, maybe 1 tsp or less of each of those.
>Coat chicken in this mix (no need for an egg wash or any of that bullshit)
>In a pan use olive oil with a little butter mixed in, heat it up to high, once it starts smoking
>Get your chicken in there, turn the heat down to about medium high
>Cook about 1-2 minutes per side
>Remove from pan and cook in the oven until the chicken is cooked throughout, either use a meat thermometer or about 5-10 minutes will do depending on how thick the chicken breasts are
>Remove, and plate the chicken
>Squeeze some lemon juice onto the meat
>Serve immediately
>>
>>36783439
>pre-made marinade
Make your own.
>>
>>36785332
Share your recipe, mang!
>>
>>36785563
This, Give me the formioli
>>
>>36783423
Depends on the dish you make. For salad, I like baking the chicken with butter, salt, pepper, and Penzey's Cajun seasoning.

As an entree, my current favorite is to butterfly the chicken breast, spoon in ricotta cheese with salt, pepper, and fresh chopped sage whipped into it, closing the breast and wrapping it in prosciutto, searing it, then baking it. Pairs perfectly with mashed potatoes or asparagus. Absolutely delicious.
>>
Mrs Dash and lemon
>>
I take them out of freezer night before and leave them in the fridge on a plate. I fry them in olive oil, add some oregano, salt and pepper, and try not to overfry. Then I put some hot sauce, salsa or ajvar on it and eat it with rice and it's awesome really. I mean it would probably taste better in some (professionally) made sauce but this is really quick and tastes great for me.
>>
>>36783423
i dont know who this girl is but im going to fuck her brains out
>>
>>36784143
>shit skins
>>
>>36783984

It's unsanitary you retarded fuck! Read the fucking label your meat comes with. Jesus.
>>
>>36783423
Spices you stupid faggot
>>
File: 1460640715564.png (821 KB, 1667x5136) Image search: [Google]
1460640715564.png
821 KB, 1667x5136
>>36783423
I may get a bit of flak for it, but imo chicken thighs are best for flavor, the meat is a bit more fatty, but not too much. It soaks in flavor a bit more wholly, and if you know a bit more then the average shmucks with a george foreman grill, you can make a damn masterpiece of your own. Flavortown, motherfuckers
>>
>>36783423

I just drown mine in ketchup, it's a vegetable so its safe
>>
salt
pepper
onion powder
garlic powder
[spoiler]butter
>>
>>36785785
+1 for chicken thighs. They're cheaper, too
>>
File: 1.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>>36783584

This guy fucks!
>>
>>36785332
Seconding Crock Pot. The chicken just comes out better since it cooks in it's own fat/keeps moisture

Often instead of chicken breasts I put a whole chicken in, shove an onion and 2-3 garlic cloves up it's ass and eat it over the week - tastes fucking delicious
>>
>>36783423
>tfw never got to fuck a 7/10 girl with a highly developed body for her age
>tfw never held a girls hand
>tfw the thought of having a girl close to me is scary and makes me anxious

not really attracted to dudes sexually but whatever
>>
>>36783487
Put this shit on everything along, put it on to season, use it as salt and pepper, just throw it on.
>>
>>36783423
Just add salt
>>
>>36783456

In the name of gains do this pls
>>
Roids
>>
I make it spicy.

>One quarter cup of olive oil
>Three tablespoons of tabasco
>Half a lemon's worth of juice
>Shitload of chilli flakes
>Mix well
>Pour over chicken, marinade
>Cook

shit's tasty familia
>>
I put my chicken breasts in a salad.Red onion, red pepper,lettuce and cucumber. I shred the chicken and add a little garlic, olive oil and a couple tsp of sweet chilli dipping sauce.It's tasty and it will fill you up :)
>>
>>36783423
Mustard and lemon juice or balsamic vinegar and olive oil
>>
>>36783423

I too eat a pound of chicken breast a day

I prefer to poach them, they stay juicy as shit. Basically boil them in a pan, and add spice of your choice (get creative with that shit), then let the water boil off and sear the chicken a bit.
>>
Here are a few thing i'll do with chicken brest.

Wetback chicken
-mix salt, pepper, chili powder, paprikia, cumin, onion/garlic powder, and a little sugar and flower.
-Cut breast up into 1.5'' bits and toss in the rub.
-heat high smoking point oil in a pan and just brown the chicken a little for color in the pan. remove and onion, pepper, carrot, whatever the fuck veggies you want and then move everything to a crock pot. cook in high 2hrs or longer if you want to shred it.

Pajet's chicken
-in mixer blend together a paste of garlic, cucumber, lemon juice, cumin, coriander and Greek yogurt.
-marinade chunks of chicken for however long you want, a few hours work but pajet likes to marnide it longer.
-bake in oven with veggies you like at 350 for ~30 minutes and serve over rice.

Lemon pepper chicken that'll get your dick sucked
-inbetween peices of plastic wrap pound your breasts to about 1'' thickness.
-in pan heat about 1.5 tsp of olive oil in pan on medium heat. Add whole garlic cloves and heat till browning and then remove. Deglaze pan with 1/2 cup of white wine and the juice from half a lemon.
-coat chicken breasts in olive oil and liberally with salt and pepper. cook 400 for 30-35 minutes. Great served over rice with steamed veggies.
>>
>>36783423
Get a ziploc bag, throw in a chicken breast cut in halves. Put in some rum, lemon, salt and pepper and a bunch mint leaves, leave marinating overnight.
Throw that shit in the pan with some chopped onions and red peppers on the side.
>>
>>36783423
Only fag here is you, OP
>>
>>36783423

Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder
Lime
Hot sauce

And season your fucking shit. Don't be a stingy faggot with the seasoning.
>>
Fuck this whole thread. Marinate in pickle juice for 24 hrs is the absolute easiest shit.
>>
>>36783472
WHO IS THIS AYATOLLAH OF COCK SWOLLAH
>>
>>36783423
The fuck are you eating chicken breast plain for? Use it in a recipe. There's a ton of shit you can do with southeast asian, indian, mexican, italian, whateverian cuisine that involves chicken.
>>
Look up texas honey pecan chicken salad
>>
>>36783423
I need to flavour;
Salt, pepper, garlic, onion, parsley, oregano, basil, chives with a little butter or margarine or oil.
>>
>>36783423
How are you fuckers cooking it so that it tastes plain? Did mommy not teach you how to cook?
>>
Mix it with rice and a lot of ketchup.
>>
>>36783423
I eat mine with chicken salt
>>
>>36783423
I normally just put them in the oven with some curry powder, timian , cayenne pepper and some olive oil. I just cook them from deep frozen to done in 45 minutes. I also have some potatoes and onions in the same pot
>>
>>36789865
>t. Chick-fil-a employee
>>
>>36783493
Professional chef.

Prottip:

ONLY EVER THAW IN COLD WATER.
>>
>>36786889
Go back to r9k nigger. There fucking robots need to go
>>
File: 1457391952443.jpg (35 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1457391952443.jpg
35 KB, 500x375
Cookingfag here (but not /ck/ because that place is garbage)

>>36783456
>>36783552
These are good. Flavorful without being overly ambitious. Even if you hate to cook you could prepare these every night without it being too much of a chore. For the first one, I'd throw in some salt so the chicken stays juicy as it cooks.
>>36783556
I will echo this. LEARN TO BRINE. Especially how to dry brine (chicken breast has so little flavor as is, no point in water it down further). Every single recipe in this thread that doesn't already include a brine or marinade would be improved by it.
>>36783584
It'll be better if you make your own seasoning. Otherwise, decent
>>36783587
Not terrible, but fucking lazy
>>36783755
Since chicken breast has almost no flavor of its own, the key is to find a balance between adding enough seasoning to keep it interesting without overpowering it. As much as you shouldn't drown it in sauce, this swings to far to the opposite extreme. At least throw some thyme or drizzle it with a teriyaki sauce before serving or something.
>>36783807
This is at least as important as brining. Again, another simple thing you can do that will immediately improve your chicken
>>36784023
It helps balance out the salt. Also, it improves browning. Only use a little, though.
>>36784077
>Food can only be healthy if it's offensively bland!
>Watching celebrity interviews
Who are you, my mom?
>>36785332
>Crock pot
>Chicken breast
For what purpose?
>>36785515
Solid
>>36785612
Would cook for qt I was trying to bang/10
>>36785688
>ajvar
Seriously underrated. Also, making your own sauces isn't hard. A lot of them will keep reasonably well in the fridge, so you can make a big batch, store it in an airtight container, and use it as you need it.
>>36785785
I don't understand the chicken breast obsession either. Thighs taste way better and are also more nutritious, with the only downside being a bit of extra fat. Image is good too.
>>
>>36783493
>>36791689
Thawing chicken in warm water will thaw it faster, just make sure you cook it well enough.

Cold water inhibits microbial growth, that's the only reason for using cold water
>>
>>36783497
where's garlic?
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.