[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /fit/ I got some newbie questions >inb4 read the sticky
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1419755417421.png (96 KB, 241x228) Image search: [Google]
1419755417421.png
96 KB, 241x228
Hi /fit/ I got some newbie questions
>inb4 read the sticky (it's also down for some reason)
I am 174cm and 75 kgs and have been cutting without any exercise for more than a month
I will be signing up for the gym for the first time in my life and I am planning to follow the starting strength program.
Should I continue cutting for example to 70kgs and lose some body fat while exercising and then bulk to 75 to achieve a better body or stop cutting when I start exercises?

Finally what are good starting weights for someone who has no lifting experience in order to not injure myself
>>
>>36779914
i'm 174cm and 60 kgs now down from 69 kgs
my body didn't even change.
and i still have small man boobs and a belly and a fat ass.
i lost 9 kgs of internal fat

i
>>
>>36780411
Damn I also have the man boobs now and some belly but I am 15kg more than you. Did you lose the weight only with dieting or also with exercise alongside?
>>
>>36780869
since i started working in a restaurant (15 hours a week) i'm loosing weight.

i only eat two meals a day that doesn't contain fat or oil.

that's the formula.

it's insane the amount of fat i lost and still don't see major visible changes. fuck it i'm starving myself untill i lose the fucking man boobs and the belly..
>>
>>36780996
I've lost around 4 kg so far and is not that noticeable but fuck man you should be lean as fuck at 60 kgs it's way way lower than my aimed goals. I don't see how it is not noticeable
>>
>>36781196
because i wasn't active. i don't have much muscle, all my weight was fat, and apparently it was internal fat.
i still have man boobs and a fat ass. because that's where i stored first my fat, it's going to go last.

for your question, i don't have a specific number, when the man boobs are gone, then i'll bulk. but that's just me.
>>
>>36781225
Ok anon thanks for the input hopefully we'll make it. I'll add in an exercise routine and continue cutting with a good diet until I'm 70 then I'll decide what to do I guess
>>
Bulk you pussy. You're not a man unless you weigh 200 pounds. I'm 70 up to 80.
Feels good man.
>>
>>36782771
Yes faggot I'll bulk also but seriously isn't it better to lose some fat and get leaner first and then slowly do a clean bulk? I feel like if I directly bulk I'd be even fatter than I already am
>>
>>36779914
First, read the fucking book. Any questions about what to do in the gym when you come that program are answered (like with what weight to start , how to warm up etc.)
Whether you should cut or bulk depends on your goals. If you never really paid attention to diet much, I'd cut if I was you or maybe just eat a maintenance but with healthier food while you start working out. In the end what you do now won't matter to much 2 years from now. Take it slow stretch a lot make sure to use good form etc.
>>
>>36779914
Follow the SS program for 3-4 months, since youre going to keep adding weight to your lifts, eat with a 500 kcal surplus, dont forget to add dips, pullups, chin ups, to avoid looking like a t-rex, once you finish your 3-4 months, change to another routine, dont listen to the "SS is a meme"
>>
>>36782975
I've been eating healthy for some time and have started paying attention to calorie intake etc since about 45 days. In the meantime I lost around 4 kg. I don't aim for being really big but I don't wanna be a skelly also. I thin between 75-80 kg with a much lower body fat would be awesome for my height
>>
>>36783037
Yes I think I'd do the SS program (probably the slightly altered one in the sticky like you mentioned). Currently I am not 'fat' but by no means in shape. From what I have understood from the sticky it makes more sense for me to continue cutting with the addition of the SS routine until I lower my body fat ratio then I can start a slow clean bulking and gain more muscle without having significantly higher bf.

Please correct me if my logic is flawed since I am inexperienced in this stuff
>>
>>36781318
if you guys really want it you'll make it
I'm losing fat too, I still have a month or two left to lose my belly, but I'm seeing the progress.
50 minutes of cardio 4-6 days a week makes wonders.
I started seeing the actual changes after a month and a half.
stay strong bros
>>
>>36783124
If you want to stay about the same weight, just less bodyfat you might as well eat a maintenance and lift. You might get there faster by cutting/bulking, but not by much. In the long run, think one or two years, it doesn't matter if you stay at it.
>>
>>36783189
You need steroids
>>
>>36779914
FYI there is a second link in the sticky under the first link on the first post. But yes mods should fix the sticky. Surprised there hasn't been a general about it.
>>
>>36783297
>50 minutes of cardio
>i dont know what the fuck im doing
Pick both
>>
File: sad-i-know-that-feel-clean.png (25 KB, 300x276) Image search: [Google]
sad-i-know-that-feel-clean.png
25 KB, 300x276
>>36783297
Thanks anon keep up the good work.
>>
>>36783369
Yes I've skimmed those articles and I've been already using myfitnesspal for 45 days for calorie tracking
>>
>>36783364
>>
>>36783371
went from 73 to 65 in 4 months without being too careful with my nutrition i.e. drink lots of beer
I could be faster, but it's not like I'm doing it wrong
I follow the advice of the natty king, scooby
>>
>>36783459
>73 to 65 in 4 months
>4 months
>4
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.