[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm hungover is it even worth it to lift today /fit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 1
File: beer.jpg (312 KB, 2048x1418) Image search: [Google]
beer.jpg
312 KB, 2048x1418
I'm hungover is it even worth it to lift today /fit/?
>>
Yes, do it.
>>
>>36778583
Depends if you're going to be puking or not
>>
>>36778638
This guy gets it
>>
>>36778638
I don't really have a stomach ache it's mostly tiredness and a headache
>>
>>36778896
be easy on your joints

lighten the weight a little and do a few more sets
>>
>>36778896
Then yeah, go lift.
>>
>>36778583
>tfw your hangovers are so severe you can't get out of bed for 2 days
>tfw everything you eat for 2 days you puke up 2 minutes later
>tfw shaking and sweating

I don't think anyone gets hangovers as bad as me
>>
I'm stronger drunk
>>
>>36778934
you ever think about not drinking then? maybe your body is telling you something. smoke a bowl instead
>>
>>36778936
Iktf
>>
>>36778966
Not drinking isn't an option
>>
>>36778934
>hangovers are so severe you can't get out of bed for 2 days
how much are you fucking drinking?
>tfw no hangover at all unless I drink like 1L+ of hard liquor
>>
>>36779217
Usually when I drink I drink around 10 beer and a fifth of vodka
>>
>>36779216
then every other drink sub in a glass of water

if you like getting drunk then try switching to simple water-based drinks like vodka-sodas, rum-waters, or whiskey-rocks
>>
>>36779266
>I drink around 10 beer and a fifth of vodka

so you hate yourself and/or have some underlying mental disorder that you're trying to self-medicate?

because drinking that amount of booze is not even close to being OK
>>
>tfw every time I drink I don't remember half the day

I always drink to get completely wasted
>>
>>36779266
Weird that you're getting such bad hangovers from not that much alcohol, I was an alcoholic for 10 years and at the end of my drinking days I was drinking literally a 1.75L of whiskey everyday

>tfw sober for 6 years now
>>
>>36779281
why? how is that fun?

I used to do this and really regret it. Getting a little less drunk can be just as fun and keeps you in the driver's seat so that you can learn to better socialize with people
>>
>>36779308
I love getting shit faced
>>
>>36779314
do you think that's a good thing or something that can be sustained?
>>
>>36779334
Yeah as long as I stay employed it's no problem to afford alcohol
>>
>>36779362
what about your liver?

what about the free time that could be spent doing other things in life like hobbies or traveling?
>>
>tw drunk everyday for the last year

it's 1pm and ive already had 8 beers and ive been up since 11
>>
>>36778934
had a hangover like that once but I deserved it
>drank one liter of whisky while watching 24 and shitposting
>got sleepy and went to bed
>woke up after 4 hours still drunk
>immediately drank half a liter more in less than an hour
>>
>>36779430
wtf why would you do this to yourself?
>>
>>36779471
It's fun
>>
>>36779430
Holy alcoholic
>>
>>36779430
How do you work then? I used to get smashed on at least a 12 pack a night then wake up dead to work at 4:00 am the next day. Since I quit heavy drinking on "school nights" I've noticed such a difference that I only go hard on weekends.
>>
>>36779646
Oh yeah bud drunk everyday
>>
>>36779657
I don't work I'm drunk way too often to work
>>
>>36779675
I know a guy like that, he literally wakes up and starts drinking right away and gets blackout drunk every single day

>mfw his life is one drunken disaster
>>
>>36779675
A guy I worked with would drink an 18 every day. He'd be like 5 beer in before we even got to work, then he'd go by the truck and you'd see him hammer a couple down throughout the day.

He'd get a little tipsy before he went to bed, then he'd do it all over again the next day. If he didn't smell like a brewery, you would never know.

You just gotta space it out throughout the day.
>>
>>36779707
Some people have insane alcohol tolerances and can drink all day and nobody could tell unless you purposely smelled for.alcohol on him
>>
>>36779707
To add, if he didn't go to work, he would be drinking an 18 and hard alchohol and a lot of the times hard drugs everyday.

Working was saving his life
>>
>>36779787
I don't know how people get to that point. I used to drink heavily but never at work or before work
>>
>>36779805
I don't even drink. The rare times I did go two days in a row were death, and it was nowhere near what these alchoholics are doing.

It's like their version of working out except with no rest days. They work their whole life to get a new pr and they sit by while some noob like me hurts themselves trying to match what they built up to for years. They're repping out my max while I'm puking in the corner.

Inspirational stuff
>>
>>36778583
Lifting is a great cure for a mild hangover. Shit tons of water and just go lighter and add some more sets as someone suggested. Anything strength focused will suck though, your brain isn't up for doing hardcore shit. So go in, do some pullups and a bit of volume.
>>
>>36779863
I lold that's a funny way to put it but it's true
>>
How many reps and sets of beers do I need to increase my alcohol tolerance gains? Suggest me a routine /alc/
>>
>>36780045
I started off with a 6 pack a night when I was in high school and over time I needed more booze to get drunk so I started drinking 8 beer a day than 10 until I got to 15 beers a day than I switched to drinking a fifth of whiskey a day than over time I needed a liter of hard alcohol to even feel drunk
>>
>drinking in the middle of the week

AYY LMAOOOOOO
>>
>>36780087
>not drinking everyday

beta cuck
>>
>>36780045
HIDD (high intensity daydrinking)
>>
>>36780087
Where I live we drink everyday
>>
>>36779216
Fucking alchocuck
>>
Been drunk for a decade
>>
>>36778583
ITT: preteens after a "beer"

Sage
>>
>>36778583
waaaaa iwas a fuckface and ruined my gains shall i ruin them even more yes or no fit???
>>
>>36780801
>raging alcoholics
>preteens

I don't think preteens are drunk at 1pm everyday for years
>>
>>36780876
It's 9-10 pm in yurop
>>
Lifting is one of the only things that helps ease my hangovers. It definitely helps get the alcohol-metabolized toxins out of your body sooner, making the pain go away sooner, making it easier to keep food down after your workout, and with the endorphin rush of a pump relieving some of your anxiety.

Just make sure to drink plenty of water and take longer breaks between sets if needed to avoid passing out
>>
>>36780865
Third month in the gym? Read another bb.com article you fat fuck
>>
>>36779375
Anyone who makes a post like this has no hobbies outside of playing videogames and going to the gym 3 times a week, and has never traveled, and has no friends.
>>
>>36780988
i do extensive traveling on google earth

I was in cambodia yesterday, today I think I will travel to iceland
>>
>>36778934
I met a person who had the same problem, turns out it was a medical issue. Can't remember what it was, but you might want to get your health checked out.
I'm a pretty heavy drinker and I routinely hit 3 per mill BAC, but I never get hangovers that last longer than a day. I might have some psychological issues on the second day, but that's it.
>>
I'm hammered right now brahs
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.