[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GSLP vs SS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 651x485) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 651x485
which program does /fit/ suggest between SS/SL and GreySkull. I've looked into both and kinda prefer SS but am worried about ending up T Rex mode. Would adding accessory upper body lifts mitigate this or is there no point.

Also are there any other better beginner-intermediate programs out there that you think are more well rounded/effective?
>>
>>36776316
GSLP. There's no reason to squat three times a week unless you want to.
>>
>>36776316
if you squat 3x/week you'll end up as a t-rex no matter how much upper body work you do
>>
Gslp and make sure you do the FM push ups and chin ups advocated in the book
>>
Does anyone have any variations on GS that might be more effective than the regular program?Or would it be best just to do it exactly by the book as a beginner ?
>>
>>36776316
SL 5x5 or ICF 5x5.
>>
SS is the most effective. Squatting 3 times a week is not a lot, and squatting less than that as a beginner is just a waste of training time.
>>
>>36776448
both of those will turn him into a t-rex
see: >>36776368
>>
>>36776459
One anon is saying 3x Squat=Certain T. rex mode and you're saying it won't. Which one is it faggot?

What are the benefits of doing it 3x a week as opposed to doing it less?
>>
>>36776511
He never said it won't. These are programs for strength to set the foundation for whatever you're going into. But judging from your attitude, don't do anything. After all better a skelly than a T-rex right?
>>
>>36776511
SS has you squat, press and pull 3 times a week. it's a balanced, full body program. people just confused because you don't alternate the squat and think you're doing twice as much squatting as pressing and pulling.

>What are the benefits of doing it 3x a week as opposed to doing it less?
faster progress. why would anyone want to deliberately undertrain
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 875x824) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 875x824
>>36776563
>>36776535
So would you say a modified version of SS like pic related would be the best program for a beginner. I feel like it has all the benefits of regular SS but with more upper body work to prevent disproportion
>>
>squatting and deadlifting on the same day

top kek. gslp all the way.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.