[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
steroids actually do not shorten your life span. they are completely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 240x176) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4 KB, 240x176
steroids actually do not shorten your life span. they are completely harmless if done properly and safely
>>
can someone explain to me why they would shorten your lifespan
>>
If you lived until 80 with steroids there's a very good chance that you could have lived till 90 or 100.

That said, you kind of need enough retirement savings to survive those extra 10-20 years.
>>
This is true, but fit is full of retards and this is going to be a huge debate
>>
>>36774705
yeah but why do they shorten your lifespan? increased strain on your body? don't they help recovery and kind of reverse some aging?
>>
File: le drake2.png (385 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
le drake2.png
385 KB, 800x600
>>36774715
>he thinks steroids are beneficial
what's there to debate? steroids are proven to kill you and if they dont kill you, they will severely harm your body in irreparable ways
>>
File: heroin.jpg (204 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
heroin.jpg
204 KB, 500x334
heroin actually does not shorten your life span. it is completely harmless if done properly and safely
>>
>>36774716
They do increase the strain on your body. Even low dosages of TRT can have negative effects on blood pressure which can lead to heart disease.

This is why it's highly recommended that steroid users do lots of cardio to and try reduce some of that damage done by the synthetic hormones.
>>
File: stack-of-cigarettes.jpg (68 KB, 1000x796) Image search: [Google]
stack-of-cigarettes.jpg
68 KB, 1000x796
cigarettes actually do not shorten your life span. they are completely harmless if done properly and safely
>>
>>36774726
>>36774733
nice strawman.
get the fuck out of my thread
>>
>>36774725
Fucking gainz pussi
>>
File: amphetamines-984.jpg (41 KB, 420x279) Image search: [Google]
amphetamines-984.jpg
41 KB, 420x279
amphetamines actually do not shorten your life span. they are completely harmless if done properly and safely
>>
I don't think there's any grounds to declare them harmless, I think hormone manipulation is the future but I don't know that it necessarily means we're all gonna be on dat dere test
>>
File: Red-and-processed-meat-1140x638.jpg (263 KB, 1140x638) Image search: [Google]
Red-and-processed-meat-1140x638.jpg
263 KB, 1140x638
processed red meat products actually do not shorten your life span. they are completely harmless if done properly and safely
>>
File: Sly aging.jpg (135 KB, 849x595) Image search: [Google]
Sly aging.jpg
135 KB, 849x595
>>36774725
>>36774705

But that's just guess work. There are no long term studies on the effects of steroids. Guys like Arnold, Frank Zane, Lou, Stallone etc have been juicing for 4 decades and are still alive, and these guys weren't on TRT, they were taking massive amounts of drugs, Arnold was known to eat dbol like candy.
>>
>>36774738
those aren't straws, they're cigarettes you idiot
>>
>>36774756
memes aside is this true?
>>
File: mutsis.jpg (6 KB, 240x223) Image search: [Google]
mutsis.jpg
6 KB, 240x223
fucking OP's mom does not shorten your life span. but it did shrten her lifespan because I fucked her so hard last night
>>
>>36774768
Eat that shit for 40 years and see for yourself.
>>
>>36774768
No.
>>
>>36774674
X is harmless if done properly and safely. Insert literally any harmful thing as X.
>>
File: 1460220234666.jpg (38 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1460220234666.jpg
38 KB, 640x480
poop actually does not shorten your life span. they are completely harmless if done properly and safely
>>
>>36774674
If steroids were only beneficial and did not cause harm, wouldn't the body just produce those needed levels itself? They are normal body hormones, the body can produce them if it wants.
To conclude, OP is faggot
>>
>>36774683
Hayflick limit comes sooner due to more cell growth. Its why people who take growth hormone or eat diary die sooner but "younger"
>>
>>36775670

You're confusing natural with beneficial. Just because the body can't produce enough T naturally doesn't mean that extra T isn't good for you.

The only real threat from minor testosterone use is its effect on your own production, which is not an issue for most people once they're around 35 years old. Also, PED use has been shown to give athletes an edge over their natural competition for 10 years after stopping.

An olympia stack isn't healthy, 200-400mg of T in many cases is.
>>
>>36774726
>>36774745

True points both. Just take them recreationally 1-2 times a month and don't use H intravenously.
>>
>>36775760
What I mean is that the body CAN produce enough T naturally. It CAN do that. It's a hormone, which means it is a signal, not a nutrient. It works in milligram and microgram quantities, and the body can produce more whenever it wants to.
But it doesn't. Which means it's probably causing harm in excess.

But what do I know. I just studied medicine for 15+ years.
>>
>>36774725
There is no proof that you speak of
>>
>>36774727
That's not what heart disease is.

Where is that recommendation made and by whom?
>>
>>36775670
Your body doesn't even produce all the amino acids it requires to survive.

So, no your argument is retarded.
>>
>>36775786
No retard, that's the difference between a nutrient and a hormone.
Hormones are signals, not building blocks, and the body is not limited in their production.
Amino acids are nutrients, and the body can be short of nutrients - that's why you need to eat.
>>
>>36775799
Meant to reply to you
>>
>>36775786

It seems to me that your argument rests on the assumption that the body does everything it can to keep you as healthy and fit as possible, which to me seems counterintuitive. Feel free to correct me, but isn't the usual consensus that the body only does the bare necessities to keep you alive? Extra T is not necessary for survival, but it can greatly increase one's quality of life without any significant downsides.

The operative word in your reply of course being 'probably'.
>>
>>36775870
The body does everything to keep you as healthy and fit as long as possible.
Again, you need to recognize the difference between nutrients and signals. Add more nutrients - OK. Mess up signals - not a good idea.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.