[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/, help me. I want to get in shape but I was born with asthma
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1458138704618.gif (2 MB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
1458138704618.gif
2 MB, 400x267
/fit/, help me. I want to get in shape but I was born with asthma and that makes running exercises a bitch. anyone know any ways to lessen the strain on my respiratory system and hopefully overcome it?
>>
Lift weights, neglect cardio
>>
mostly run more,
learn to breath
yoga actually is study of breathing. You with astma never learned how to breath.
>>
>>36773654
you know, I never thought yoga would help. I'll give that a try, though.
>>
S W I M M I N G
>>
>>36773569
monitoring this thread

>had asthma
>never did cardio
>get tired from cardio easily, sweat a lot

>>36773736
i always feel like i'm going to faint after swimming
>>
everyone I knew that had asthma were able to play baseball well. look into a proper professional baseball weightlifting routine
>>
Lifting requires very little long term breathing.
Just disregard power lifting and go for strength endurance training.

Also calisthenics will get you very fit in short order.

As for your asthma and building endurance. Like one anon said you should take up yoga to understand your breathing as well as take up couch to 5k.

The main goal of couch to 5k is to get you fit enough to run or more accurately, in your case, jog at a continuous pace for 30 minutes.

You will, or should attempt to, learn to pace yourself control your breathing and learn your threshold and how far you can push and when to pull back.
Hopefully, in time, you will gain some endurance and learn how to control your breathing better. It just might help with your asthma as well.
Espescially if your asthma attacks have to do with exertion and or anxiety over your breathing.

Oh, and if you can complete a 5k in that time is entirely up to you. I would suggest simply buildinh your endurance.
>>
Get a mast that constantly aerosolizes albuterol for your pussy bitch bronchioles.
>>
Don't forget a good diet, asthma is autoimmune and a fucked up GI tract will exacerbate it
>>
>>36773569
>running exercises a bitch
Your task then is to make such exercises YOUR bitch.
>>
>>36773569
Running is for hungry skeletons. Do volume training with weights and you will look a lot better than some nigerian malnourished marathoner.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.