[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I use my gyms body analyzer every other week. Been on a cut however
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 20160331_141242.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160331_141242.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
I use my gyms body analyzer every other week. Been on a cut however 2 weeks ago I was 185 lbs at 19.2% BF and although I dropped down to 180 lbs my BF% is only 19% does this mean I lost a majority of my muscle mass? Any help or advice? Currently consuming 1400 calories a day 6 days a week and not really gauging my Sundays. Will post my second BF% in the 2nd post
>>
File: 20160413_182400.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160413_182400.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
2 weeks went from 185 to 180
19.2% bf to 19% sadly
I went on the ec stack last week as well
>>
>>36769761
you could have lost a lot of water if your diet was really high in sodium
>>
>>36769777
If you are using the tanita 410 like the receipt says it is one of the ones that uses electricity to measure bodyfat, meaning it is strongly affected by current water and salt levels

also your first 5lbs is probably just carbohydrates

I'd recommend waiting another two weeks before jumping to any conclusions

what are your macros and work routine?
>>
>>36769848
Generally 40/30/30
Roughly 115-120 grams of protein a day.
I have a terrible sprained ankle these past 2 weeks keeping me from legs/back but I usually do
Day 1 legs
Day 2 chest
Day 3 back
Day 4 shoulders
Day 5 arms
Usually 6 to 7 exercises the first main exercise of each day is 5 sets. The rest of them are 3 sets with 10-12 reps.
I mix in cardio 3 times a week 20-30 minutes generally HIIT.
Should I be switching to a different style of workout completely?
>>
>>36769993

>cutting on 115g of protein

Bye bye muscle
>>
>>36770003
Guess I need to up that another 30 grams or so to 150-160? I'm low on funds right now out of work and can't afford a bulk protein order
>>
>>36769761
Any electrical impedance based measurement of body fat is completely flawed. Expect a +/- 10% swing in body fat.

Go by some calipers and do it the old fashioned way. Just remember, unless you're measuring body fat by dissecting a carcass, it's a prediction and not a fucking measurement.

T. 12.3% bf with a gut.
>>
>>36770045

How much do you weigh?
>>
>>36770045

You should be getting about 1g per pound lbm if you're cutting drastically (more than a 300 calorie deficit).

In your case, just about 150g. There's no problem with going over, either.
>>
>>36770164
I'm 180
>>
>>36769993
>Should I be switching to a different style of workout completely?
Yes, full body or upper lower based on Squats, Deadlifts, Bench, OHP and Chinups, with little accessory work until you get your shit together.
>>
>>36770214

You need to eat like at least 200g if you're on and don't want to lose muscle. Better buy some black beans pleb.

Getting in shape is hard when you're poor bro sorry, food is expensive. Sucks, I know.
>>
hydrostatic body fat testing is the only way to get a solid reading
>>
>>36770304
Full body can you elaborate? Upper / lower as in day 1 upper day 2 lower?
Do you have a routine or website I can look at to help change my routine up
>>
>>36770088
>unless you're measuring body fat by dissecting a carcass, it's a prediction and not a fucking measurement.
I am pretty sure that underwater weight tests count as a measurement and not an estimate. The density of fat and water is constant if precision of a single decimal in % only is required.
ib4 someone posts that meme where some guy was talking about his sisters ponytail and his mom.
>>
>>36770359
Underwater weighing and the bod pod are +/- 4%. Still pretty much useless. Tonnes of studies showing the error rates and suggested reasons for it. Under water weighing requires you expel all air from your body and attempts to estimate the air volume remaining in your lungs and gut. In addition air is trapped next to the skin and on the head by hair.

2 component tests are seriously useless. 4 components are the gold standard and they're still +/- 2% at best.
>>
>>36770352
>Full body can you elaborate?
Usually AxAxAxx or AxBx, where A and B are different but similar full body workouts. Minimalist approach in excercise selection, you do one compound, heavy excercise per body part for a few sets, and leave the gym having done little to no fluff work. Progress is achieved through progressive overload and not going to failure doing a million silly isolation excercises in machines. Workouts last 45-60 minutes.
>Upper / lower as in day 1 upper day 2 lower?
Same principles as above, a bit more volume each day but half the body parts, some isolation maybe but not too much.
Weekly schedule should look like ULxULxx or LUx etc.
>Do you have a routine or website I can look at to help change my routine up
Starting Strength 3rd edition (book, buy/torrent)
Candito's linear program (google it)
Phrak's GSLP (google)
5/3/1 is good too but the progression will be too slow for a beginner.

What I do?
LUxLUxx
L
Squats
Deadlifts
U
Bench
Chinups
Shoulder DB press
Lat raises and Curls superset to leave the gym fast.
>>
Tanita is total bullshit and you're wasting your time

Real composition analysis > calipers or pic for estimates
Anything else is useless
>>
>>36770003

115g is plenty, it's more important that you don't stop lifting while cutting to keep your muscles from shrinking
>>
>>36770501
>>36770088

You guys are missing the point, doing the electric impedance test regularly under the same conditions provides relatively stable results even if they aren't accurate. They just provide a marker to help measure yourself against.

Assuming OP isn't changing his diet between scans, waiting enough time before / after exercising and drinking water, doing it at the same time of the day etc... The results won't be swinging that wildly
>>
>>36769761
It's probably water weight
2 weeks is not a lot and 5 lbs is pitiful
Can literally drop 5 lbs water weight in a day if right conditions
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.