[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I prevent my squat from turning into a squat morning?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: squat2.jpg (263 KB, 2124x1359) Image search: [Google]
squat2.jpg
263 KB, 2124x1359
How do I prevent my squat from turning into a squat morning? I squat lowbar. I notice that at the end of my sets when I'm running out of steam I end up getting my butt up and then doing a goodmorning to finish the rep. I've been trying to put my knees forward more to involve the quads more like Max Aita said in 1, but find my quads giving out eventually (probably because my quads are weak) so I end up doing the squat morning. I've done this for a year so now I'm pretty good at it but obviously it's not a correct squat.

What should I do? Should I deload and get the form right with a lower weight, trying to involve the quads more? Should I squat highbar? I also squat barefoot, so that probably also contributes since my heels aren't elevated. My glutes and hams are huge but my quads are barely noticeable.

Don't have any form videos to post yet. I'm kind of abandoning the whole "hip drive" thing after Alan Thrall's video about the similarities between deadlifts and lowbar squats, and want to make my squats more quad and leg dominant.

1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrwiddA_8CQ
>>
drive up with the chest

it's that simple
>>
>>36768203
I had the same problem OP, and I fixed it by front squatting, i simply couldn't break the habit of leaning forward as my torso was too weak and i didn't brace my torso properly (via valsalva manoeuvre), front squatting fixed it.
>>
>>36768231

Thanks a lot, I will probably go with this!
>>
>>36768209

Not sure what you mean, also doesn't Rippetoe scream at his trainees not to do that in every SS video and in the DVD?
>>
>>36768310
just an fyi, learning front squats can be a bit of a pain in the ass, especially if you aren't mobile enough, so be forewarned.
>>
>>36768328

Do you think I can do them barefoot or in socks? I don't have lifting shoes yet, I'll have to order them online.
>>
>>36768346
yeah, you can do them, its not a problem, main problem i found was
-Positioning of the bar over my clavicle, while resting on my deltoids.
-Breathing (seriously, take a huge breath before going down to brace your core)
-keeping my elbows up
-wrist mobility

Rippetoe has a good vid on how to do front squats on youtube, alan thrall has a vid too as does elliot hulse.
>>
>>36768231
Hey i have a quick question,
i'm doing ICF 5x5 but i was thinking of switching normal squats with front squats as i have terrible posture and would probably benefit from doing them, But due to time i would need to switch normal squats with front squats.

Will i become TwigLeg-san if i dew this?
>>
>>36768411
I do SS, i do back squats on monday and friday and do front squats on wednesday, front squats will help you grow your quads so your legs should grow fine, I don't know enough to really say anything else, also

>>36768346

I do front squats at 5 sets of 3, since form tends to deteriorate quite fast on FS.
>>
>>36768203
Think about the the barbell going up and down in a straight line
>>
>>36768472

I am, but there's a number of ways I can do that.
>>
>>36768203
shoulders back, chest out, chin up. you probably wont have to deload as its more of a strain to do squat mornings anyway
>>
>>36768203
Keep your head and eyes up
>>
>>36768203
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB8KekoCeNg
>>
>>36768601
>>36768656

But Rippetoe and SS says to look down with a neutral spine position. What gives?
>>
>>36768677

Thanks bro. Can't believe I missed htis.
>>
>>36768203
bump
>>
>>36768677
That's what I sometimes struggle with, and that's a simple trail of thought to fix it.
>>
>>36768698
SS is a meme. You got trolled.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.